So...with the 16GB being discontinued, I'm hoping to pick up a couple fairly cheap and use them as the receiver end of a Baby Monitoring system.

I'm looking at wireless IP Cams (with two way voice) for the actual monitor. I was thinking of mounting something similar to this in the baby's room and using the playbook to tap into it via wi-fi.

Any success stories with this?

Just as an FYI, this will be our 4th kid, but it's been a while and tech has changed significantly since our youngest was located under that rock by the interstate. I was looking at just some sound monitor, but those are ~50 or more so why not go full out and get video also if I can use my PB to monitor it?
    06-07-12 07:47 AM
    So...with the 16GB being discontinued, I'm hoping to pick up a couple fairly cheap and use them as the receiver end of a Baby Monitoring system.
    pick up a couple...... you can use videochat between 2. No need for extra hardware.
    06-07-12 08:13 AM
    I will be having one hooked up to the TV with a HDMI cable....nothing like being a peeping tom on a 60"

The other will be docked in the bedroom to replace our alarm clock (I hate that damn thing, to darn bright at night)
    06-07-12 08:33 AM
    I would like to know as well. I member mentioned in another thread that they use one for just that purpose.
    I'm using a second PB now but a more permanent solution would be good. Especially now that she is almost out of the crib. $200 for a dedicated video monitor is too much. If I could get an ip camera in the $50 range then it's worth a shot.

Congratulations Mountain.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 06-07-12 at 08:42 AM.
    06-07-12 08:39 AM
    I use the tinyWeb cam monitor app (Android port) with 4 Axis web cameras to monitor the inside & ouside of my house. Works very well and has the ability to connect to remote web cameras.

Attached is a screen shot viewing 4 remote cameras around the world.
    06-07-12 09:00 AM
    I don't know anything about the brand you're looking at, but I've planned on picking up a Foscam one, and going with their proven track record for quality. Our little one isn't quite old/big enough to move into her nursery, but I'd say we're within a month...
    06-07-12 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD