Hello I wanted to find out if there is a way to change my ip address on playbook
    Thanks in advance
    02-05-13 03:55 AM
    Hello I wanted to find out if there is a way to change my ip address on playbook
    Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    Why do you need to do this? Usually, the IP address is allocated by whatever WiFi router you are connecting to. Changing it(assuming you can, which I'm not sure is possible) could cause conflicts with whatever other devices are on the same network.
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 02-05-13 at 04:17 AM. Reason: changed device to router
    02-05-13 04:15 AM
    I wanted to use a different ip to watch different items on the tablet tv app. But can not access USA and such channels due to my UK ip adress
    02-05-13 04:47 AM
    No need to change the ip address (the way you mean it). What you need is to use a VPN
    02-05-13 04:55 AM
    Ahh! Ok, you need to use a proxy-server. (Google it). Basically, you connect to a server on the internet in the country you need an IP-Address for, then the server connects to the rest of the internet on your behalf and gives out the 'faked' IP address.
    Be careful though, it's not very secure (don't give out credit-card numbers or bank details) and it could be illegal (depending on who you are fooling with the faked Ip address).
    EDIT - By not very secure above, I mean that anything you do or type while connected through the proxy could (in theory) be monitored/recorded by whoever runs the proxy.
    Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 02-05-13 at 05:15 AM.
    02-05-13 05:02 AM
    Okay thanks I just wanted it to use on the tablet tv that comes on playbook. Thanks for the advice
    02-05-13 05:04 AM
    Okay thanks I just wanted it to use on the tablet tv that comes on playbook. Thanks for the advice
    the app you are referring to gives you guidance on how to do it (swipe from top bezel and tap on the "help" icon). Again, it's talking about using VPN.
    02-05-13 05:08 AM
    Thanks in advance
    If you connect the internet on your playbook,then you have to reset the modem.If it is dynamic,then it will automatically change.To know your internet IP Visit Ip-Details.com .
    04-11-13 05:04 AM