Anyone get this to work yet? it says my phone is "paired but not connected" and can't get beyond this point. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-22-11 10:52 AM
    It pairs as bluetooth, but i dont think you can 'bridge' from an android device and thats why so many hate the 'bridge' style share
    04-22-11 11:01 AM
    I just want to connect to the internet through Bluetooth tethering....possible or no?
    04-22-11 11:04 AM
    From what I understand if you root your droid on infrastructure mode, not ad hoc, the playbook will see the hotspot.

I have not tried this because my Droid 1 cannot broadcast as infrastructure. I have a Droid X coming and hopefully I can set that up.

Simply pairing bluetooth with the Droid will not do anything.

More later when I find out.
    04-22-11 11:12 AM
    it works on mine.if your android phone has tethering option then turn it on,go to your wifi option on your playbook and you can see android or whatever name of your android phone,then connect and boom your are connected.
    04-22-11 11:34 AM
    All I can find on my phone is USB tethering. I have a motorola atrix. Any help android owners?
    04-22-11 12:39 PM
    I tried a Dell Streak on 2.2,
    a Wifi Hotspot option is in the OS and works fine with the Playbook,
    which is good news as my 3GS did not tether at all.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 04-22-11 at 02:53 PM.
    04-22-11 02:47 PM
    I have an HTC HD2 running Froyo 2.2 and I can tether it to my Playbook. I have the $15/month data plan from T-mobile USA.

The playbook can see the signal from my HD2 and all I have to do is put in the password and it connects automatically and I am able to use the internet via the Playbook.
    04-22-11 02:59 PM
    I can create a mobile hot-spot no problem, thats not my question..I'm wondering about Bluetooth tethering. Has anyone done this with an android phone?
    04-22-11 03:37 PM
    He is talking about tethering through BLUETOOTH, NOT through wifi hotspot!

I am an atrix user, but option is not working for me. I can bluetooth tether my atrix with my laptop just fine. PlayBook cannot see that DUN profile AT ALL.
    03-10-12 01:53 AM
    For blutooth tethering your phone needs DUN working. Only few phones support this currently. Galaxy s2 does not but will in upcoming ics upgrade.
    03-10-12 09:13 AM
    I've got the Playbook tethered to my Motorola Defy (not rooted) via Bluetooth. I've happily surfed on the PB via the Defy whilst sat in the car, uploaded some pics to Facebook, etc.

I'm not sure how different it might be on the Android menus on your phone as mine is only on Froyo (2.2), but make sure in Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks that Internet Tethering is enabled/ticked.

It should then just be a case of pairing the two devices by Bluetooth and away you go. I think?
    Last edited by PATHIAN; 03-10-12 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Further clarification.
    03-10-12 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD