I was disappointed to find that the BB international charger I just received from shopcrackberry has an output of only 700ma instead of 1800ma even though it was marketed for the playbook. I will need to buy a playbook charger in europe. and waste time returning it. I know all I really need is an adapter plug but hate extra parts.
    08-30-11 04:33 PM
    The original charger for PB is indeed 1.8A, and the one u bought is compatible for PB and BB smartphones coz both of them us micro USB type.
    I believe PB stores didn't do false marketing, since it is indeed compatible (although will charge slowly). TBH I use my international charger type (the one that came with my Bold 9650) all the time to charge my PB and the original one left inside the box.

After doing some little browsing, I found that BlackBerry Shop website have the Premium International Charger that have bigger output. And I think CB stores doesn't have it yet. Guess u should check on that
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=SLtkXann
    The BlackBerry� Premium International Charger makes staying powered up a breeze, with country-specific charging clips and a six-foot power cable. It charges your BlackBerry� smartphone at twice the rate of standard BlackBerry smartphone chargers,1 and it�s also the simple, convenient way to charge your BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet2 while travelling.

1 - Standard in-box BlackBerry� smartphone chargers included at the time of purchase
    2 - Increased charging rates are only applicable when charging BlackBerry smartphones
    It's priced at $39.99 (on BB store) while the standard BB International Charger cut down to $19.99 (on CB store).
    The difference is in the color of the connector, the premium is Yellow while the standard use black.
    Last edited by togardergrosse; 08-30-11 at 05:00 PM.
    08-30-11 04:50 PM
    Thanks for the info. Just wish the stores ad had clearly stated the ma output so I wouldn't have wasted my time and $ for shipping. I already have standard euro chargers. Are car chargers the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 05:12 PM
    Thanks for the info. Just wish the stores ad had clearly stated the ma output so I wouldn't have wasted my time and $ for shipping. I already have standard euro chargers. Are car chargers the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Even the BB official store didn't stated the actual output, but it's a great input for CB stores anyway.
    As car chargers, I believe I read somewhere in this thread that car chargers will charge PB faster. Can't give further info on that since I don't have or own one.
    08-30-11 05:27 PM
    Some the plug adapters are pretty darn small although it would be a separate piece to carry around. But you could just leave it attached to the charger's plug and they are pretty cheap, also.
    08-30-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD