I have an interesting thing that occurs which I am wondering if it is a setting, something I am doing, and wondering if it is normal......

I press the power button on and it wakes up the Playbook. Sometimes I press the Power button if I haven't used it for awhile, and it boots from scratch as if I rebooted it. This primarily happens if I press the power button and put it in the pouch, it seems like the light sensor senses this and shuts it down completely? Is this how it works when using the power button? If I do the swipe from top to bottom it wakes it up pretty much regularly.

I did a search here and googled it and nothing came up, and I am just getting used to this, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
    05-17-11 02:52 PM
    Usually to power down the device you have to hold the power button down for 10+ seconds and it pops up the screen option for "power off" or "restart" from what I've learned. I use an otterbox case on mine but the only time I had to power it back on was one night when I forgot to charge it and I used the battery all the way to zero.

There might be an auto on/off like on BB's but I haven't found that option myself. I left my PB at home today too.
    05-17-11 03:14 PM
    I figured out that it wasn't a software thing, or anything odd that I was doing.....it was hardware related. As I held the Playbook to put it in the pouch, it powered itself off completely. When I went to swipe up to power on the screen, it didn't turn on, I pressed the power button, it just showed a red light and booted up as if I shut it down completely. Basically, any pressure just below the power button for some reason completely shuts it down.

I purchased this from Craigslist earlier this week, bringing it back to the store was not an option.

So I called Blackberry support, and they are sending me a brand new Playbook on an advanced replacement service they offer, took my Credit Card Info and told me they are giving me a Fed Ex Prepaid box to ship this one back in.

I'll post back when I get it, but very happy with this customer service, they couldn't had been more helpful.
    05-17-11 08:18 PM
    sweet. if you want to see if they send it with a box ill gladly send the money back. i havent bought any apps yet
    05-17-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD