I deleted my email out of my PB today. The reason is this:
    I found that when I wanted to delete a message, it made me verify each and every time that I wanted to delete it. In other words, I couldn't just hit "delete, delete, delete, etc" right down the page and wipe out all my junk emails and read messages. This can be very irritating and time consuming when you have 30 or 40 messages to delete when you have to go the extra step of answering "yes, I want to delete it."
    Of course, I tried the airplane mode to keep from loading emails when I'm off-line, but as soon as you turn on the wi-fi, BAM, you have 25 messages in your inbox that you have to hit delete and confirm delete for each one, because if you don't do that, you will have a 100 messages in it in 3 or 4 days.

So, I guess this post is a combination gripe session about the intregrated email and question to the audience.

Is there a way to mass delete emails? Or is there a way to have emails automatically purged after they have been in your inbox unopened for a couple of days? I looked high and low for a setting that will only hold emails for so many days and I can't find it.
    02-25-12 06:54 PM
    Is there a way to mass delete emails?
    CB posters cbvinh & info600 wrote this:

| http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post7157578

1. swipe down from top to get the application menu
    2. pick Select
    3. check the first email and keep a finger on it
    4. with another finger, swipe down the list to check all the emails below
    5. release both fingers
    6. scroll down so that the first message is an unchecked one
    7. repeat from step 3 until all the ones you want are selected

--
    you don't have to release both fingers for the scroll select, just keep one finger on near the bottom of the screen and keep panning down (or flicking the finger towards the top of the screen)

Or you can select them one by one, instead of using the two finger range selection. Once selected they can be marked as read or deleted.
    Last edited by VerryBestr; 02-25-12 at 07:17 PM.
    02-25-12 07:15 PM
    Thanks. I might set it back up again, or I might just use my Roadrunner webmail access to look at emails. Don't know.
    02-25-12 07:18 PM
    In Email, swipe down to get the menu, Settings, Display and Actions, set "Confirm Delete" to OFF. Now you can do one touch delete.

To delete a lot of messages, again, swipe down, "Select" ..... then delete.
    02-25-12 07:18 PM
    ^this. Now its a one touch delete. Easy cheesy
    02-25-12 07:22 PM
    Awesome, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
    02-25-12 07:23 PM
    Now if they only had a one touch Netflix I'd be a happy camper too.
    02-25-12 07:24 PM
    Your PB doesn't keep your emails forever. In setting up my account I picked the sync period, 7 days, 24 days, 30 days, etc. I set mine to 30 days so my PB holds my last month of email and beyond that I have to use the Gmail website. Email doesn't take much space so it's no big deal, and I don't have to deal with deleting anything. Doesn't work for everyone, but don't assume you have to delete.
    02-25-12 07:53 PM
    It will indeed keep it if its kept on your server...

I did discover that if you drag your emails down a bit and let up on them it refreshes them.

Pretty cool!!
    02-25-12 08:12 PM
    Remember that when you search, you can search local email as well as email on the server.

Quite nice.
    02-25-12 08:19 PM

2. pick Select
    5. release both fingers

--
    you don't have to release both fingers for the scroll select, just keep one finger on near the bottom of the screen and keep panning down (or flicking the finger towards the top of the screen)

Or you can select them one by one, instead of using the two finger range selection. Once selected they can be marked as read or deleted.
    Just want to say thank you. Posts like this balance out the whiners, haters and trolls.
    PlaybookPlayboy likes this.
    02-25-12 08:40 PM
    In Email, swipe down to get the menu, Settings, Display and Actions, set "Confirm Delete" to OFF. Now you can do one touch delete.

To delete a lot of messages, again, swipe down, "Select" ..... then delete.
    Just tried it, thank you.
    PlaybookPlayboy likes this.
    02-25-12 08:47 PM
    One thing that sucks. Is that when you delete an email it deletes it from the server. Even though I have it set to keep on server. Big problem. Hopefully rim will fix this soon.
    02-25-12 09:32 PM
    One thing that sucks. Is that when you delete an email it deletes it from the server. Even though I have it set to keep on server. Big problem. Hopefully rim will fix this soon.
    Just uncheck sync email in each account settings.
    02-25-12 09:45 PM
    Just uncheck sync email in each account settings.
    Where do I find that.
    crabbitoldgit likes this.
    02-25-12 09:57 PM
    Stars?

Posts like this help those of us who didn't read the OS2 users manual.
    02-25-12 10:38 PM
    CB.com IS the manual!
    02-26-12 11:12 AM

2. pick Select
    5. release both fingers

--

I don't get it. When I swipe down while in email, I don't get an application menu. All I get is "email font size".
    03-05-12 01:44 PM
    Here is a scrrenshot of what I see when I swipe down.
    03-05-12 01:53 PM
    I don't get it. When I swipe down while in email, I don't get an application menu. All I get is "email font size".
    That's Bridge. This is talking about the native email in OS 2.0.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-05-12 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD