Greetings and salutations from South Africa - the land of much BB popularity (No really, BBs outsell Apple and Droid here like its a joke).

I have had my PB since shortly after the launch, and thus far have really enjoyed it. Sure one can gripe over the lack of updates which were meant to be, but I figure that time will pass and these promises shall eventually come to pass.

That said, my biggest frustration is the complete lack of IM applications and functionality. I have tried many web based applications such as Trillian, IMO, and Mibbit, but they all end up failing in some or another way. Can anyone advise of something which is stable, working well, and doesn't require work around patience?
    07-12-11 03:33 PM
    Nope no IM services. I am pretty sure someone will cry bridge here in a moment.
    07-12-11 03:47 PM
    bridge!!!! lol jk. ya i havnt noticed anything good
    07-12-11 03:49 PM
    Nothing, except web based IMs right now.

Sorry.
    07-12-11 03:58 PM
    Nope no IM services. I am pretty sure someone will cry bridge here in a moment.
    Clearly you have no clue what bridge does, theres no connection between IM services and bridge besides BBM.

Now on to the op's question as others stated at the moment the best solution is to use a web based im program like http://imo.im or other sites. Shapeservices have submitted a instant messaging client, IM+ to Rim for approval. Its been submitted for quite some time so we really don't know when we will see a standalone yet but hopefully soon.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    07-12-11 04:08 PM
    Clearly you have no clue what bridge does, theres no connection between IM services and bridge besides BBM.

Now on to the op's question as others stated at the moment the best solution is to use a web based im program like http://imo.im or other sites. Shapeservices have submitted a instant messaging client, IM+ to Rim for approval. Its been submitted for quite some time so we really don't know when we will see a standalone yet but hopefully soon.
    It was a joke Jeniousy.
    07-12-11 04:48 PM
    Actually, I will cry "Phone Remote" - it's an app that lets you do most anything your phone will do, by showing your phone screen on the Playbook and giving you controls to pass text and phone controls to the phone. So, you can SMS, access phone apps - whatever. And it just got a makeover by Visuality, so it's pretty now and every upgrade has made it faster..

The only hitch is it only works with wifi, bluetooth will be coming as soon as RIM allows it.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-12-11 at 05:26 PM.
    07-12-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD