Under Browser Options -> General, there's a Search Engine option where you can choose Google, among others.

Then, in the browser's URL (web address) window, if you type something other than a URL, it automatically invokes the chosen search engine with that search term.

(Sorry if this is obvious or was mentioned before. I just discovered it today and thought I would share!)
    01-24-12 03:01 PM
    LOL.

got ya

Einstein

just teasing
    01-24-12 03:06 PM
    LOL, I noticed the option shortly after I got my PB two months ago, but never found any way to actually search in the browser---so figured the option was just a hook for some future enhancement. Never thought of just typing words in that window
    01-24-12 03:14 PM
    works the same as IE and FireFox ..
    01-24-12 03:21 PM
    This is the best way to do it! Don't need to wait for any page to load, but still have instant Google search plus all your bookmarks right there.
    01-24-12 03:35 PM
    Under Browser Options -> General, there's a Search Engine option where you can choose Google, among others.

Then, in the browser's URL (web address) window, if you type something other than a URL, it automatically invokes the chosen search engine with that search term.
    Post this in
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/ it will help others.
    01-24-12 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD