WTF! I just got my PB and have been waiting for it to bootup. It just hangs on the startup screensaver thing. anybody got any bright ideas??
    04-19-11 12:12 PM
    04-19-11 12:13 PM
    great...now even if I hold the power button. it won't even re-start.
    04-19-11 12:18 PM
    just exchanged my PB. working fine now and updating. hopefully it wont do the same thing post-update.
    04-19-11 01:12 PM
    Hold down power button for 10-12 seconds not a couple make sure its for 10-12 seconds so it can do a hard reboot
    04-19-11 01:20 PM
    I had the exact same issue except this was happened during the boot up after the initial software update.

I got so excited when I first got the thing that I didn't bother charging it first. I just proceeded with the setup.

After almost 3 hours of messing with it (rebooting, holding the volume down and power button) it still would not finish with the boot screen. I called Blackberry technical support and they had me plug it into the wall charger. After about 30 minutes the dancing lights went away by themselves and brought me back to the wi-fi setup screen and gave me a message about it not being able to connect.

I had it plugged into my computer via USB for about an hour but I guess it just wasnt providing it enough juice.
    04-19-11 01:42 PM
    SO, keep it plugged in during this all? Makes sense.
    04-19-11 01:45 PM
    Mine won't boot either!! Been stuck on the loadup saver screen for over 10 mins what do I do!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 02:30 PM
    Mine won't boot either!! Been stuck on the loadup saver screen for over 10 mins what do I do!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    power off the device (hold the power button till the screen turns off)

plug your device into your computer in which you use your desktop software

eventually desktop manager should get you a popup window that lets you retry or update

click update, and it should start downloading a module that fixes it
    you'll see 'debrick'
    04-19-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD