Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By world saviour
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Incredible browser speed...Tips.

Hey peeps,

Just thought I'd share a few tips to help with browser speed.

So I was incredibly frustrated with the video playback on nba.com. The download speeds became extremely slow, and choppy. In fact all streaming video became like this. I decided I had enough of this stupid device, and checked out other tablet options. I tested out several Google/Samsung tablets, a Sony, and ipad. Out of them all the ipad performed the fastest, but didn't have flash support. I didn't buy anything so my PB lived for another day. Got home, went to bed early, woke up early and checked the nba scores. Still freaking choppy. I decided to log into the router remotely and tinker with the settings. I set the frequency to 40hz, restarted the router, set my browsing to private, and now my PB is loading sites just as fast as the ipad3 and this is with flash and javascript enabled!!!! Also the video playback on nba.com is now what it used to be. Crackberry loads way faster, and there is less checkerboarding.

So I just want to say that not all browser performance issues are related to the PB. Please adjust your wifi settings on the router itself.

Maybe RIM should look into optimizing the PB for these different frequencies better?

*edit -. My PB is dropping the wifi connection more frequently...but it's something I can forgive with the speed increases.
    Thanked by:
    Techno-Emigre (12-24-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip...I may have to try that out. Also, I've noticed and seen others experience WiFi dropouts since upgrading to. .1314, that may be the cause for your problem there.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by leedium View Post
    Hey peeps,

Just thought I'd share a few tips to help with browser speed.

So I was incredibly frustrated with the video playback on nba.com. The download speeds became extremely slow, and choppy. In fact all streaming video became like this. I decided I had enough of this stupid device, and checked out other tablet options. I tested out several Google/Samsung tablets, a Sony, and ipad. Out of them all the ipad performed the fastest, but didn't have flash support. I didn't buy anything so my PB lived for another day. Got home, went to bed early, woke up early and checked the nba scores. Still freaking choppy. I decided to log into the router remotely and tinker with the settings. I set the frequency to 40hz, restarted the router, set my browsing to private, and now my PB is loading sites just as fast as the ipad3 and this is with flash and javascript enabled!!!! Also the video playback on nba.com is now what it used to be. Crackberry loads way faster, and there is less checkerboarding.

So I just want to say that not all browser performance issues are related to the PB. Please adjust your wifi settings on the router itself.

Maybe RIM should look into optimizing the PB for these different frequencies better?

*edit -. My PB is dropping the wifi connection more frequently...but it's something I can forgive with the speed increases.
    I would love to try this. Could you give a step by step?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

40hz? Yes, I would love to see that too.