While the PlayBook is Bridged to your BlackBerry, you get this notification on your PlayBook when you have an incoming call on your BlackBerry.

I thought this was pretty cool and figured I'd share
    PDSchofield likes this.
    04-19-11 03:04 PM
    That is pretty cool - someone call me! lol
    What other goodies can we find today?
    04-19-11 03:08 PM
    Just called myself...sure do!
    04-19-11 03:10 PM
    While the PlayBook is Bridged to your BlackBerry, you get this notification on your PlayBook when you have an incoming call on your BlackBerry.

I thought this was pretty cool and figured I'd share
    has anyone heard if there are plans for it to actually be used with the phone app? ie, make and answer calls from the PB when bridged?
    04-19-11 03:10 PM
    has anyone heard if there are plans for it to actually be used with the phone app? ie, make and answer calls from the PB when bridged?
    Not sure, but that would be a good idea.
    04-19-11 03:23 PM
    bump for awesomeness!
    04-19-11 04:06 PM
    Blackberry Bridge brings so many new options to the Tablet world, they said this implementation was a transition feature, I hope they mature and keep it as a unique feature to the system.

Bluetooth on Blackberry phones has been given a face lift and amazing legs given to Blackberry Bridge.
    04-19-11 04:11 PM
    Blackberry Bridge brings so many new options to the Tablet world, they said this implementation was a transition feature, I hope they mature and keep it as a unique feature to the system.

Bluetooth on Blackberry phones has been given a face lift and amazing legs given to Blackberry Bridge.
    it is great... even if i take my phone away from the playbook, when i bring it back, it automatically connects to it... i never have reconnect..just password ... so what I shortened my password to 4 chars... to make the process faster.
    04-19-11 04:21 PM
    it is great... even if i take my phone away from the playbook, when i bring it back, it automatically connects to it... i never have reconnect..just password ... so what I shortened my password to 4 chars... to make the process faster.
    Which in the future I wouldn't mind trading a password to a swipe pattern a la Android...but that's just wishful thinking haha. So where can we start submitting user opinions to RIM developers that care about UI experience.
    04-19-11 04:23 PM
    That is so cool, I am like a kid in a candy store. My wife thinks I am nuts!!!
    04-19-11 04:29 PM
    04-20-11 11:30 AM
    Works with calendar appointments, too. Pops up.
    04-20-11 11:32 AM
    Cool, good call with the calendar. I haven't noticed that yet.
    04-20-11 11:37 AM
    That's nice, so if you put your BlackBerry on silent, you'll notice it on your PB. Given that you're running BlackBerry Bridge at that point.
    04-20-11 11:38 AM
    and while you're on a call, you can still access your bridged data
    04-20-11 11:43 AM
    and while you're on a call, you can still access your bridged data
    My understanding is that you can access it, but you can't get anything new while on a call. Say an email comes in while on a call, it won't update on the PlayBook until you hang up. Same with BBM.

Of course, this is only with Verizon, Sprint, and other CDMA carriers.
    04-20-11 11:45 AM
    My understanding is that you can access it, but you can't get anything new while on a call. Say an email comes in while on a call, it won't update on the PlayBook until you hang up. Same with BBM.

Of course, this is only with Verizon, Sprint, and other CDMA carriers.
    correct

10char
    04-20-11 11:55 AM
    i'm connected with bridge right now and i just tried calling myself and i don't get that notification pop up on my PB.
    04-20-11 04:14 PM
    i'm connected with bridge right now and i just tried calling myself and i don't get that notification pop up on my PB.
    Me niether. I get no notifications for calls or sms ans no glowing corner for e-mails.
    04-20-11 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD