I was pleased to see a full page RIM ad in today's (Feb 16) NY Times stating:
    "Different Mobile Devices. One platform, no compromises." The ad goes on to describe something called 'mobilefusion'.

As a Playbook purchaser from day of release, I had been unhappy with the way RIM had marketed the device. RIM never overcame the bad press. It seems with RIM's new leadership, they are spending more money on proactive marketing.

Relative to the Playbook, what this likely means, they are doing everything possible to make their 'mobile' Playbook "the" most important 7" tablet. Apple already announced they will have a tablet closer in size to the Playbook. Potentially RIM now has the marketing ability to overcome all competitors.
    02-16-12 12:56 PM
    If you've read many of the comment I've posted here on CB, then you know just how I feel about RIM's marketing. It has been among the worst in the entire corporate world. I truly hope they get a clue and clean house in that dept. and start fresh with people who actually have measurable brain waves.
    02-16-12 04:20 PM
    Relative to the Playbook, what this likely means, they are doing everything possible to make their 'mobile' Playbook "the" most important 7" tablet. Apple already announced they will have a tablet closer in size to the Playbook. Potentially RIM now has the marketing ability to overcome all competitors.
    Erm, yeah. Ok.
    02-16-12 04:37 PM
    Having worked in a marketing job, don't be so quick to blame. The problem usually is with the cost accounting CEO who considers advertising as simply expense that must be controlled.
    02-16-12 04:42 PM
    Having worked in a marketing job, don't be so quick to blame. The problem usually is with the cost accounting CEO who considers advertising as simply expense that must be controlled.

True but, Apple does so much advertising that it gives the perception that their products are so good they have no competition.
    02-16-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD