Every once in a while (every 2-3 days), when I start Bridge applications, the Playbook will freeze and be totally unresponsive to any screen gestures, taps, etc. I am not very patient so after 5-10 seconds I will do a hard reset on the Playbook and it's good to go.

Today I decided to wait and see what happened. After a minute or so, the Playbook seemed to restart - the "Blackberry Playbook" screen appeared, and within 30 seconds of that, the device was ready to go and the bridge was already connected to my Torch. I guess I'm just so used to using Control+Alt+Delete or battery pulls to kill crashing apps that I am impressed that the device fixed itself.
    05-12-11 09:01 AM
    I don't think the device "fixed" itself as much as it just crashed hard enough to reboot. Wouldn't a better "fix" be to simply close down the misbehaving app?
    05-12-11 09:06 AM
    Fair enough. Still impressed that it was able to do this on its own. When my other devices crash (Torch, laptop, etc), it requires user input/action for a hard reboot.
    05-12-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD