Now that the PB OS 2.0 has these new neat features like e-mail, contacts, etc., I would like to know how do I import the address book on my Curve 8330 to the Playbook. I played with the DM, but couldn't figure out how or what to do first. I just did a full backup and sync of my PB, as well as the 8330.
    02-22-12 12:49 PM
    It can't be done directly. Some people are using GMAIL to sync their phone contacts to and then sync them to the PlayBook. I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

Of course, GMAIL can sync only contacts with email addresses.
    02-22-12 12:58 PM
    You know, when I first set up my PB, I was pleasantly surprised to find that during the setup process, the DM sync'd my iTunes music library to the PB. Nice surprise since my next step was to get some music on board and when I clicked the music icon, there was my library, in all its glory, album covers and all. So, what I'm thinking I'm sayin' is why can't sync'ng my 8330 address book be just as simple?
    02-22-12 01:03 PM
    The absence of synchronization between BlackBerry smartphone and tablet is the only complaint I have about the latest release aside from Adobe Reader. The unified communication experience provided by the native PIM applications and say LinkedIn et al. on the tablet should be available via bridge-mode as well. That is to say, the data on the smartphone should be accessible in the native email and PIM without synchronizing the data; it should just appear while bridged and when not bridged simply not be viewable. I prefer to keep my tablet as an extension of my smartphone as far as email, contacts, calendar, memos, etc. Hopefully, a point release will address such functionality.
    02-22-12 01:08 PM
    RIM released only a developer beta, not a consumer beta. Developers don't have too many entries in their contact lists, and they're all on Facebook anyway.
    02-22-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD