I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and he has an iPad. I just got my PlayBook a week ago, so the debate I feel is imminent. I know the basics of advantages, but you guys care to arm me with any additional knowledge that may keep him at bay?
    09-15-11 09:03 AM
    There's never going to be anything that either of you can say that will convince the other, so there's no real point. Perhaps in lieu of finding "ammo" you should just talk about the things you talked about before you bought a PlayBook and he bought an iPad.
    Last edited by Economist101; 09-15-11 at 09:45 AM.
    Anonymous94587689 and moe1up like this.
    09-15-11 09:07 AM
    Perhaps in lieu of finding "ammo" you should just talk about the things you talked about before you bought a PlayBook and he bought an iPad.
    thats not likely as he is die hard apple, but i can hope for the best, but i'm prepared for the worst.
    09-15-11 09:11 AM
    thats not likely as he is die hard apple, but i can hope for the best, but i'm prepared for the worst.
    Okay, but if he's going to be a ****, what's the point?
    09-15-11 09:13 AM
    There's never going to be anything that either of you can say that will convince the other, there's no real point. Perhaps in lieu of finding "ammo" you should just talk about the things you talked about before you bought a PlayBook and he bought an iPad.
    Greeat advise - It is pointless to 'debate' such a thing
    09-15-11 09:14 AM
    Trying to be as objective as possible. (I own Touchpad, Playbook, and iPad 2)....actually going to resell the TouchPad to my neighbor for at cost pricing I got during firesale since I don't need 2 10 inch tablets.

The iPad 2 is the better device right now. Apple has the right software and apps to make 80-90% of people who are considering a tablet go with Apple.

The arguments for owning the playbook are this:

1. For a NON-ATT Blackberry user (ATT greedy), buying a Playbook lets you essentially get free internet for the playbook via the Bridge.

2. Size. 7 inch tablet is fine to browse internet with and much more portable. I can throw it in my briefcase. My wife can put it in her purse.

3. Adobe flash

4. The playbook UI is very fluid and fast. If you've used Android Honeycomb, TouchPad, iPad, and Playbook. Many people will be surprised how fast the playbook performs.
    09-15-11 09:50 AM
    Trying to be as objective as possible. (I own Touchpad, Playbook, and iPad 2)....actually going to resell the TouchPad to my neighbor for at cost pricing I got during firesale since I don't need 2 10 inch tablets.

*waving* Hey neighbor!!!

Seriously, OP... relax...
    09-15-11 10:01 AM
    He's already better armed but you can use that, too. His ipad is bigger and heavier so he is better armed at slamming you with it. But that's an advantage of the pb - it is smaller and lighter making it more convenient to tote around. Enjoy lunch.
    09-15-11 10:12 AM
    He's already better armed but you can use that, too. His ipad is bigger and heavier so he is better armed at slamming you with it. But that's an advantage of the pb - it is smaller and lighter making it more convenient to tote around. Enjoy lunch.

you know.. the ipad can also be used as an ax. i'd suggest just running.

lol.

goto

wechoosethemoon.com
    09-15-11 10:18 AM
    bring your playbook, and see if he brings is ipad. if he doesn't have him show you something, he won't be able too because he wont have it on him. then do something on the playbook like bring up a web page. and say see that's something your ipad can't do. he might say it can and ask him to show you. I hope you get what I was going for. the device is useless if you don't have it one you. but he may be a dork and have it in a backpack, and then my argument is moot
    Last edited by bbaleno; 09-15-11 at 10:31 AM.
    09-15-11 10:29 AM
    then go to facebook.com everyone has that... and upload some pictures from the web... then go to a free downloading site and download something... then open a game and something else and switch back and forth take some pictures and compare... etc... innocent fun... wont change his mind but it will be fun.. may the force be with u
    09-15-11 11:00 AM
    I was just thinking of the advertising commercials "There is an app for that" shouldn't have been "you need an app for that"?
    09-15-11 11:08 AM
    lunch came and went....he wants a playbook now...the file upload/download...flash and bridge were all things he said were useful...he didnt even have his ipad with him...he said that he is more productive with his macbook...which he had. i showed him bridge and he said "oh i can create mobile hot spots with my iphone, but the data plan changes...how much is it with the blackberry?" i told it him its not a mobile hot spot and that was the icing on the cake.

i never meant like a real debate...i knew it would be like a fun conversation.

i also told him the downsides to it...no fun apps...no skype...no netflix, but he's not into that stuff anyway...he liked it simply for the productivity and bridge.
    JR A likes this.
    09-15-11 11:14 AM
    lunch came and went....he wants a playbook now...the file upload/download...flash and bridge were all things he said were useful...he didnt even have his ipad with him...he said that he is more productive with his macbook...which he had. i showed him bridge and he said "oh i can create mobile hot spots with my iphone, but the data plan changes...how much is it with the blackberry?" i told it him its not a mobile hot spot and that was the icing on the cake.

i never meant like a real debate...i knew it would be like a fun conversation.

i also told him the downsides to it...no fun apps...no skype...no netflix, but he's not into that stuff anyway...he liked it simply for the productivity and bridge.

An angel just got its wings...
    black hole likes this.
    09-15-11 01:21 PM
    ipad = itoy

PlayBook = Professional Tablet
    09-15-11 02:29 PM
    ipad = itoy

PlayBook = Professional Tablet
    That is a hefty bag of troll bait you threw out there for the taking. Trollism is imminent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 03:06 PM
    Run (from the lunch)!
    09-15-11 04:20 PM
    I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and he has an iPad. I just got my PlayBook a week ago, so the debate I feel is imminent. I know the basics of advantages, but you guys care to arm me with any additional knowledge that may keep him at bay?
    End your friendship, problem solved. That route is actually easier than convincing one way or the other.
    09-15-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD