for $20 txt chat with voice chat for skype but no video chat, who needs it? i need ym capable of video chat at msn too, thats all, for now i will not buy this app
    10-31-11 07:39 AM
    I thought the devs set their own prices. If i'm right your title is wrong
    diegonei likes this.
    10-31-11 07:43 AM
    Thanks for your update...
    10-31-11 07:43 AM
    Yea.... yelling at RIM for an app they don't even make will do you a lot of good. That's good you finally convinced the person holding the gun to your head, forcing you to buy the app, to let you go though.

Also...
    mud314 likes this.
    10-31-11 07:47 AM
    Whoever said it was 19.99 in the other thread was blowing **** out their ***. You could have jumped on AppWorld and found out its only 9.99...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Thomasrox3; 10-31-11 at 07:53 AM.
    10-31-11 07:48 AM
    Yes, shows as $9.99 in App World, but when you click to purchase it comes up as $19.99...
    10-31-11 07:56 AM
    its 19.99, try to buy, then you will see
    10-31-11 07:57 AM
    i will buy this app for $0.99, since all you can do is txt chat and voice chat for skype, or i'll just login to
    imo.im
    10-31-11 08:22 AM
    tried buying it too... advertised at 9.99 but purchase price is 19.99.....wth?????
    10-31-11 08:28 AM
    for $20 txt chat with voice chat for skype but no video chat, who needs it? i need ym capable of video chat at msn too, thats all, for now i will not buy this app
    From what i have been told you can only listen to your skype contacts, on top of that.
    Got that gang? They can sit and talk to you and you can do all the listening you want!

Job well done on this device rim. You have stepped from the sublime to the totally comical!

playbookpieceofshit and Maine like this.
    10-31-11 08:31 AM
    Alright, I sent an email to Shape asking about the true price. I also asked them about future upgrades and video integration and Twitter. I will keep you posted.
    10-31-11 08:35 AM
    From what i have been told you can only listen to your skype contacts, on top of that.
    Got that gang? They can sit and talk to you and you can do all the listening you want!

Job well done on this device rim. You have stepped from the sublime to the totally comical!

Again how is this RIM's fault? Shape sets the price, Shape developed the app, Shape will further support the app. Your blame game on RIM is what is comical.

PS: RIM's got plenty faults to pick out no need to start making up extra ones.
    tsells and mud314 like this.
    10-31-11 08:35 AM
    Alright, I sent an email to Shape asking about the true price. I also asked them about future upgrades and video integration and Twitter. I will keep you posted.
    I am going to laugh if they reply like gameloft and say "sorry we dont support the blackberry playbook"

10-31-11 08:38 AM
    I think somebody needs a timeout.

mysticmeg likes this.
    10-31-11 08:47 AM
    not worth to buy..
    mickrg123, beamolite and morfy50 like this.
    10-31-11 09:12 AM
    Everyone,

Here's what happened today:
    $19.99 was the price of IM+ for PlayBook when the app was submitted to BlackBerry App World back in May. Today, prior to release, the price has been changed to $9.99 in BlackBerry App World publisher administration panel. We figured out that we need to give it some time for the price to change, so we waited a couple of hours to make sure that the price changes everywhere: in publisher administration panel, on BlackBerry App World website and in BlackBerry App World application on PlayBook. And then we released IM+ for PlayBook.

When it became clear that the application is sold at $19.99, we warned our followers on Twitter:
    Twitter / IM+: Attention those who are wi ...
    Twitter / IM+: We expect BlackBerry App W ...
    our Facebook subscribers:
    https://www.facebook.com/plusim/posts/10150427815681005
    and we contacted RIM.

Response from RIM's Alec Saunders (@asaunders) came a few hours later, here it is:
    "Apparently you accidently priced it at $19.99 to start? Price updates happen once per day. $9.99 will show tomorrow."
    Twitter

Which basically means that the actual price may be different from what we (as publisher) see in BlackBerry App World administration panel and you (as customers) see on BlackBerry App World website / BlackBerry App World app.

We think that RIM should definitely put some thought into BlackBerry App World development and tweaking, as current publishing process is definitely misleading for both publishers and BlackBerry App World customers.

We are sorry for any financial losses this caused to some of you and are willing to make it up to you with free license codes for applications offered by SHAPE Services.
    With any questions, please contact our support team by submitting support request from IM+ on your PlayBook.
    chi-town311 and pkcable like this.
    10-31-11 11:03 AM

Perfect - I wont have to take a shower just to talk to people on skype...nor look at their ugly faces...lol
    10-31-11 11:12 AM
    We think that RIM should definitely put some thought into BlackBerry App World development and tweaking, as current publishing process is definitely misleading for both publishers and BlackBerry App World customers.

We are sorry for any financial losses this caused to some of you and are willing to make it up to you with free license codes for applications offered by SHAPE Services.
    With any questions, please contact our support team by submitting support request from IM+ on your PlayBook.
    Thank you for your informative post. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to provide free license codes to cover for any financial losses. Hopefully RIM will also provide you some financial support as an apology for their own incompetency. Dont hold your breath on that one though.
    10-31-11 11:18 AM
    Thank you for your informative post. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to provide free license codes to cover for any financial losses. Hopefully RIM will also provide you some financial support as an apology for their own incompetency. Dont hold your breath on that one though.
    Please explain where RIM's incompetency is?
    10-31-11 11:21 AM
    Please explain where RIM's incompetency is?
    Read's Shapes response as to how the tools of App World works. Read the history of how RIM has treated this particular developer over this particular app on the Playbook. Or simply do a search on the many threads here to see examples, too numerous to list, of poor decisions that RIM has made concerning every aspect of the Playbook.
    10-31-11 11:28 AM
    ... when the app was submitted to BlackBerry App World back in May ...
    So that's how long it takes to get an app approved??
    10-31-11 11:32 AM
    Read's Shapes response as to how the tools of App World works. Read the history of how RIM has treated this particular developer over this particular app on the Playbook. Or simply do a search on the many threads here to see examples, too numerous to list, of poor decisions that RIM has made concerning every aspect of the Playbook.
    Again Shape originally submitted $19.99. Which is the same as their premium app for the BB phones. Every time I read Shape stuff they are the ones that originally submit stuff wrong.

Very good suggestion to RIM to tweak app world submission and I'm sure Alec will take under advisement because he seems a million time better than the previous guy there. But if they wanted $9.99 originally submit as 9.99 or Change the price before the day your app is to be released. People posted Friday that app had passed approval change the price then instead of procrastinating.

PS: To Shape I happy you finally got you app through I know the long history of this and I hope it sells well. But I do believe my points are valid knowing the history and reading all your posts regarding this playbook app.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 10-31-11 at 11:56 AM.
    grover5 likes this.
    10-31-11 11:49 AM
    Again how is this RIM's fault? Shape sets the price, Shape developed the app, Shape will further support the app. Your blame game on RIM is what is comical.

PS: RIM's got plenty faults to pick out no need to start making up extra ones.
    Your response to my post isnt comical, its rediculous. Did i say one thing about price? Support?

No, your own fellow apologists say its rim's fault for "not releasing the tools to access to camera or microphone". I would suggest you guys get together and compare notes so at least your stories match. Adds an air of at least continuity.

10-31-11 12:11 PM
    Your response to my post isnt comical, its rediculous. Did i say one thing about price? Support?

No, your own fellow apologists say its rim's fault for "not releasing the tools to access to camera or microphone". I would suggest you guys get together and compare notes so at least your stories match. Adds an air of at least continuity.

How am I a RIM apologist in my reply I even say they got problems hence the "PS"

But to be fair pointing out the Price was to the OP not you. Now what I meant by support it is Shape's job to upgrade the app.

10-31-11 12:24 PM
    How am I a RIM apologist in my reply I even say they got problems hence the "PS"

But to be fair pointing out the Price was to the OP not you. Now what I meant by support it is Shape's job to upgrade the app.

How can it be Shape's.fault if rim wont release the tools to access the mic and camera?

By apologist i mean trying to remove blame from rim when it clearly and obviously is theirs.

Anyway, point made, i wont detract from the thread any further.

10-31-11 12:32 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD