... That Skype have the cheek to show up this ad whilst I'm browsing the PlayBook section of CrackBerry. Fair enough if they don't bring their app to PlayBook, it's their decision, but do they have to rub it in our faces like this?

06-16-12 01:10 PM
    I feel the same way,cant believe they did that
    06-16-12 01:56 PM
    Actually, there was just some tweets going around a couple weeks ago that there was guy or two from Skype at the recent DevCon conference, learning about PB and BB10 development. No promises were made, for sure, but it sounded like an encouraging sign to me..
    DAnklaud and Stewartj1 like this.
    06-16-12 01:56 PM
    Sadists, all of em.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-16-12 01:59 PM
    I *guess* that they're waiting for blackberry 10,if at all .

06-16-12 02:01 PM
    You guys know that it isn't Skype themselves who put the ad there, right? More than likely, the ad got served up by AdChoices since there have been several Skype threads here (of course, lamenting the fact we don't have it).

Skype had nothing to do with this one other than having an ad present that AdChoices could serve to sites that talk about the program.
    MasterOfBinary and kennyliu like this.
    06-16-12 02:26 PM
    Well, they just release Skype 4.0 for Linux as stable and it don't work. LOL
    06-16-12 02:29 PM
    Well, they just release Skype 4.0 for Linux as stable and it don't work. LOL
    Hm. Works fine for me. Did you get it from your distributions repository or straight from skype? If you can /always/ get software from your distro's own repository. They are tested and confirmed to work.
    06-16-12 03:24 PM
    It's the same old PulseAudio problem.
    06-16-12 03:37 PM
    what a fail thread.
    06-16-12 03:56 PM
    Like devhux said, it's not Skype directly. They sign up with ad services companies and those companies place the ads on websites that also use their services.

Here's the thing, it's usually done by keyword, so if people would shut up about Skype around here, we probably wouldn't see the ads...
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-16-12 06:19 PM
    I love this thread. It's hilarious! Or was this intended to be serious outrage?..
    06-16-12 06:44 PM
    Actually, there was just some tweets going around a couple weeks ago that there was guy or two from Skype at the recent DevCon conference, learning about PB and BB10 development. No promises were made, for sure, but it sounded like an encouraging sign to me..
    We want them to make a promise to us! Haha
    06-16-12 07:32 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority cause I really don't care if Skype or netflix come to bb I would never use them anyway
    Hawnz and narci like this.
    06-16-12 10:08 PM
    Haha i actually dont care much about skype as well. All i need is my PB and a good gps app
    Hawnz, jejohnston15 and Sucroid like this.
    06-17-12 12:34 AM
    Ah, not to worry. Keep searching the forums and a *particular* poster says he/she has an insider in RIM who, in turn, claims skype is coming, just waiting for bb10 and some integration issues.

Please tell me you believe it. I need to sell a bridge.
    06-17-12 12:54 PM
    OP et al concerned about skype issues . . . . in addition to this thread post did ya hunt down the contact fields for skype inc. (?), and state your 'outrage' thru that medium also !!

If not and to save ya a few search moments;
    Email: [email protected] !

Yes I'm a bit re; irony they are allowed by crackberry to post their ad as a header on the CB top banner but not so that I'll personally send them a note as ya should . . since in my world lack of skype is not a b*breaker !

imho ,
    doug c
    06-17-12 01:37 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority cause I really don't care if Skype or netflix come to bb I would never use them anyway
    I don't care about them either, but I still think they should be on here because people know that they are not on the PB & are talked out of buying one becuase of it

Also, if I had skype I could talk to my sisters who have left BB
    06-17-12 03:25 PM
    Ah, not to worry. Keep searching the forums and a *particular* poster says he/she has an insider in RIM who, in turn, claims skype is coming, just waiting for bb10 and some integration issues.

Please tell me you believe it. I need to sell a bridge.
    LOL... was it the same poster who promised cash if a particular set of features didn't hit by LAST October?
    06-17-12 03:38 PM
    Yes I'm a bit re; irony they are allowed by crackberry to post their ad as a header on the CB top banner but not so that I'll personally send them a note as ya should . . since in my world lack of skype is not a b*breaker !
    Again, the ones running CrackBerry don't choose these ads - it's all automatically delivered by AdChoices (their ad provider). As the ad itself spammy in any way, they aren't going to request the ad be withdrawn. The more you guys talk about Skype, the more likely the ads are going to show up.
    06-17-12 03:43 PM
    Again, the ones running CrackBerry don't choose these ads - it's all automatically delivered by AdChoices (their ad provider). As the ad itself spammy in any way, they aren't going to request the ad be withdrawn. The more you guys talk about Skype, the more likely the ads are going to show up.
    ...which will lead to more ********... which will lead to more ads...

talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy!
    06-17-12 03:56 PM
    co-signs, I don't care much for either...and I don't use either ...but i'll support the movement either way
    Cracklen likes this.
    06-17-12 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD