Once again the classic misspelling of the name of the compound containing uranium and six fluorines. Blame it on the spell checker?
    12-03-12 10:32 PM
    Is  10 really its new name? Has RIM hired Prince as a consultant?
    LOL you never know! That's a BlackBerry symbol from my phones auto text and while it works well with tapatalk, CrackBerry..not so much
    12-04-12 12:22 AM
    I too am very happy with my PlayBook, I use it everyday. I will not sit here and pretend that all the wonderful native apps that come with BlackBerry10 isn't alluring. Just because I am excited for my PlayBook to get a major overhaul does not mean I do not "appreciate" what I have now....worried about what's next?? Not at all. I know what's next as far as links go, Google is your friend, I'm just a CrackBerry addict.
    kbz1960 and CairnsRock like this.
    12-04-12 12:33 AM
    Maybe I'm being nieve, but doesn't the fact that BB10 OS on Playbook is already listed on HTML5test indicate that RIM is actively testing BB10 OS?

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    12-04-12 01:26 AM
    Can any1 tell me how to use BIS from other phone if I didn't bought for my phone.
    12-04-12 01:58 AM
    Can u please tell me how to connect PlayBook to blackberry phone to access App World on PlayBook.
    12-04-12 02:03 AM
    Omg these threads are getting ridiculous. PlayBook IS getting  10. If someone tells you any different they are not only lying to you but to themselves as well. Its been said TOO MANY times from people who actually are in the know because they work for RIM.
    No one is lying. None of us know for sure.
    Where has it been said by RIM?
    There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to not release BB 10 for the Playbook but that doesn't mean it is definitely going to happen.
    12-04-12 04:46 AM
    Peter, of Battery Guru fame, posted a link to this article in another thread.
    The last question is:

Q: Will you take the battle to tablets too or focus on smartphones for a while?

A: All Playbooks that are out there today are all upgradable to BB 10. We will have to adapt BB 10 to Playbook (Blackberry tablet) and when that is ready, you'll have one platform across the smartphone and across the tablet-a single mobile computing platform. I want to have a value proposition on top of the hardware of the tablet that attracts people and makes them pay for services.
    peter9477 and CairnsRock like this.
    12-04-12 05:29 AM
    As I have said before I would rather RIM supply us with a couple more decent upgrades/updates to the OS we currently have than give us BB10.

If we get BB10 all we will get is a whole raft of new bugs to fix on a nearly dead device. Not a good place to be in with a two year old and not very successful device.

Trust me I'm a Palm Pre2 owner, I know where I'm coming from. Been there.

Better we cut our losses and finish off what we have nicely and move on.

What would be nice is that RIM puts up a list of the top 20 niggles and bugs with the current Playbook and asks us to vote for the top ten that they will then try to fix.
    Bakamushi likes this.
    12-04-12 06:51 AM
    Well, i can't go away because i'm not a troll. And if one goes through your posts over the past few days, one thing is evident -- you are always jumping at me, even if i didn't insult you or anyone else. (isn't it called 'personal attacks' ?) And are you kidding or what? I give people misplaced facts? Then, i request to go through my posts once again. I'm here to know the ins and outs of my device. I don't think, i ever tried to spread hatred against RIM. I have always admired RIM's Playbook and bold 9930 for what they can do (that i own). Yeah, i did say, i was not satisfied with a few features like, i wasn't happy with PB's GPS. And i also miss a few apps and want them in BB10 OS. But i just said, 'i would love to have' and neve attacked RIM for this. Is it because of what you perceive me as a troll ? I'm not sure, what you're basing your opinion on.
    Well the idea that your comments saying
    One thing is certain, (whether people over here admit to it or not) ---- PLAYBOOK isn't going to get a fully fledged BB10 OS upgrade. Maybe, it will get a few features. Mark my words.....
    Where do you get this information? To me and i'm sure others will say, that is pretty trollish to say, especially when you don't know. I have seen PB OS BB10 and it does everything right now that the BB10 Alpha B phones can do. So I really don't know why you would say that. Secondly, your posts come off negatively.
    If BB10 does have skype, I'm going to different platform
    That is construed as I'm leaving if I don't get what I want.

Sure the Playbook has it's failures like the GPS and there are some apps missing that I don't care for, and you have to understand, some people are sick of hearing about things like Skype and other things that are lacking. There is a great feature called search. Probably about a few dozen Skype threads alone. I have my own issues with my Playbook right now, with grey vertical lines every time I take the PB off of standby, very very annoying, but I'm out of warranty and nothing anyone can do about it. Why sit around the internet bashing RIM and the Playbook for this short coming and others?

I haven't personally attacked you, I'm just calling a spade a spade, all the posts I have seen have been fairly negative from you and that is why I called you a troll. So if you truly are a RIM fan, and aren't happy with certain things, so be it, Skype is coming, BB10 OS full OS will be on the Playbook and a whole lot of other awesome features that should keep everyone satisfied for a bit!
    anon(2692400) likes this.
    12-04-12 06:52 AM
    Can any1 tell me how to use BIS from other phone if I didn't bought for my phone.
    Can u please tell me how to connect PlayBook to blackberry phone to access App World on PlayBook.
    BIS (and BES corporate) are Rim/Blackberry exclusives and not available without a bb phone.

Appworld can only be accessed via WIFI. So, a bbphone's Bridge connection will NOT work. Phones that can establish a wifi hotspot can work from what I've read.
    12-04-12 08:39 AM
    I've always seen the potential release of BB10 for the PB more as fan service to those who bought the tablet early and stuck with it more than anything else. As much as I enjoy using this tablet it failed in the marketplace. Unless RIM is going to try again with a newer version, the current Playbooks (that are still being cleared out at a loss) are what they are. It'd be nice if it received the update but if it doesn't so that RIM can focus all of their efforts on the phones I'm okay with that.
    12-04-12 09:34 AM
    Summary to end the confusion:

No one knows for sure.

BB10 will be released for the pb:

If BB10 and bbphones are successful - almost a sure thing.

bb10 bbphones are so-so - probably but .....

bb10 phones are a washout - maybe as a nice parting gesture.
    kbz1960 and peter9477 like this.
    12-04-12 10:56 AM
    No one knows for sure.
    Which means that we know for sure that RIM won't tell. Which is in itself a huge inconvenience for the clients.
    12-04-12 11:15 AM
    Which means that we know for sure that RIM won't tell. Which is in itself a huge inconvenience for the clients.
    Rim can't tell unless they are around to tell. I do hope that bb10 phones are very successful and then Rim releases bb10 for the pb.

I'm sure that rim believe bb10 will be a resounding success - meaning bb10 for the pb will follow.

Here's to their dream. (tips healthy smoothie)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-04-12 11:54 AM
    Rim can't tell unless they are around to tell. I do hope that bb10 phones are very successful and then Rim releases bb10 for the pb.

I'm sure that rim believe bb10 will be a resounding success - meaning bb10 for the pb will follow.

Here's to their dream. (tips healthy smoothie)
    I'll tip an unhealthy one
    12-04-12 12:10 PM
    In this case, you're engaging in speculation, but the truth is that even if BB10 is not a spectacular success it will be at least a few months before we know that for sure. More than enough time for RIM to get the BB10 update out to PlayBook owners.
    It's not time they have to worry about, it's money. You said earlier, "part of the reason it will be delayed a bit after the phone intro is because there will be extra work to optimize the experience for tablet users."

The money spent getting BB10 up on what will be 2 year old hardware that failed miserably in the market could be used elsewhere.
    Examples:
    -Marketing BB10 phones which, most agree, is RIM's Hail Mary pass. How many 30 second Superbowl commercials could they buy instead?
    -Debugging BB10 phones. The engineers which could be used for BB10 PlayBook could be used squashing BB10 phone bugs. Windows 8 phones are getting some bad press about poor battery life and freezing at the home screen. Microsoft will be able to buy their way out of this, but RIM simply can't afford, in both senses of the word, for this to happen to BB10 phones.
    12-04-12 12:46 PM
    I'll tip an unhealthy one
    Sorry, I moved on to my sardine wrap!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-04-12 02:46 PM
    I'm not going to hunt down the links but I saw Frank Boulben tell Johnathan from BGR that PlayBook WILL GET BLACKBERRY10 along with BBM. I also read a tweet from @BlackBerryDev not long ago confirming BlackBerry10 for PlayBook and a beta release before launch. Again here is someone from RIM on the Dev Blog mentioning BlackBerry10 for PlayBook...see attached.
    No one is lying. None of us know for sure.
    Where has it been said by RIM?
    There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to not release BB 10 for the Playbook but that doesn't mean it is definitely going to happen.
    Attached Thumbnails I'm confused, will my PB be upgraded to BB10 OS or not?-img_00000432.jpg  
    12-04-12 07:24 PM
    If QuickSilver has seen this with his own eyes and is 1000 percent positive about all that he is saying then I'm betting on him.

Just saw the link of the tweet above me and so the PB will be getting BB10.

Yall remember that video "BlackBerry 10 in the right hands" or something...well we saw playbooks, laptops you name it.

I'm sure Thor and his team know what they are doing because from what has been shown they are on the right track.
    anon(2692400) likes this.
    12-04-12 08:07 PM
    12-05-12 07:34 AM
    That must be an Old BS 10 video because they said "October" is when the new phones would come out. So surely this video was meaning This October, and well it's December, Lol.
    12-05-12 06:44 PM
    RIM Execs Vivek Bhardwaj & Jeff Holleran Talk BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview
    "Vivek also stressed the BlackBerry PlayBook is still getting updated to BlackBerry 10 in 2013 with a free update that will breathe some serious life into the product...."
    Angus_CB likes this.
    12-07-12 03:55 PM
    The hardware itself is still fine. The way I see it is the playbook is running vista. Works there are glitches and clunky gets the job done more or less. Bb10 will be like win 7 a well oiled great is where we can finally see the potential this tablet should have seen from the start.
    12-07-12 04:11 PM
    Yes, summer-ish.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 09:54 PM
76 1234