My neighbour's daugher didn't even want it...once she saw how limited it was..
    lol..some people....

why don't you stop whining about you don't like and have already given up on.

go check out android forums and make your new tablet more useful. I wish admins close this thread now.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-27-12 12:18 PM
    Just ignore. Many malcontents try to resurrect their forgotten threads because they feel the need to spread their misery with life. Obviously someone is still bored, which means still no wonder tablet

Edit: I just realized I must be bored also, to have actually read and posted to this thread
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-27-12 at 03:06 PM.
    Marty_LK and hpjrt like this.
    05-27-12 03:02 PM
    Lol! Guess we had nothing better to do than resurrect this ridiculous thread. How sad....
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-27-12 03:47 PM
    I stop using playbook since I got Diablo 3..

in fact...I stop using anything after I got Diablo 3... LOL....
    OniBerry likes this.
    05-27-12 03:57 PM
    Uhggg Anything using flaky Android does not impress me. PB OS 2 is far superior and will get even better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-27-12 04:06 PM
    I just bought a Playbook yesterday. I also live in Edinburgh so would have been interested to see how much you were selling it for.

I'm not expecting a tablet to do amazing things like some people, I'm quite grounded with tech, and all I really expect out of it is a device to read comics with a low power draw.
    You just have to keep yourself grounded, When tablets first arrived, so many customers I served thought it'd change their lives forever, but in the end, a Tablet is usually just a distraction if you're not using it for a specific purpose or business, and that's why most people get bored of them in the end, they get distracted.
    Last edited by hobo_sol; 05-28-12 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Realised OP doesn't own a playbook anymore.
    05-28-12 05:09 AM
    hobo-sol

Welcome to the boring or NOT world of Playbook (pb).
    05-28-12 09:02 AM
    Before I just sell it, has anyone any ideas about new and interesting things I can do with the PB? I even got bored with its cameras as my phone is better (:
    I use mine as a reader. It has replaced my Sony Reader.

Can also play several games on it, and yesterday side-loaded a Playstation emulator. I'm sure there's a lot more I can do with it, but mostly like the reader aspect of it - though it would be nice not to have to re-enter the the Kindle information and re-load books every couple of days.
    Last edited by jegs2; 05-28-12 at 09:28 AM.
    05-28-12 09:23 AM
    I use mine as a reader. It has replaced my Sony Reader.

Can also play several games on it, and yesterday side-loaded a Playstation emulator. I'm sure there's a lot more I can do with it, but mostly like the reader aspect of it - though it would be nice not to have to re-enter the the Kindle information and re-load books every couple of days.
    Don't waste your time and energy and kindness here. The OP supposedly already gave it away to his neighbor's daughter who didn't want it when she saw how limited it was - ROTFLMAO!!!
    05-28-12 12:58 PM
    I'm bored with my life, so I'm going to get a better, more responsive and exciting one - with more apps. I tried to give my existing one to my neighbour's kid, but she declined. (What a stupid thread.)
    05-28-12 02:43 PM
    The sound of the email client, pinging my emails just pissed me off, so I unsynced it.

I DID like watching movies on the PB - after the Feb update it seemed that all my mkvs just played fine..and the PB does have great speakers and a pretty good screen..

And I did buy Book Reader which is a good ereader app, and while I was sat down somewhere reading I had no problems with the PB...but I do most of my reading in bed and either a 3.5" device - my iPod - or my phone is much better suited to this.

I got tired of connecting the PB to my netbook, tired of opening the documents folder and dragging and dropping the individual epubs...then tired of opening up Book Reader and importing them.

iTunes is actually a lot faster. And my experience with Stanza much better..it has been around a number of years.

Music? You're joking surely..the PB isn't good for music - it's inbuilt player is crap and severely lacking.

This thread should have never made it to 21 posts, but the above quote should have ended this otherwise whiney, miserable, negative, nonsensical trollery thread.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-28-12 05:09 PM
    I love how three quarters of these posts seem to speak for the need to boost a post count or hear themselves speak in cyber space. Why not offer valid suggestions instead of 7 pages of crap comments. Can't read half these threads anymore as they get bogged down with the ever so imaginative troll or stupid thread comments. Amazing how hmm, should I say "berry"-retentive or better yet inbred this is becoming. Hope some of you can become a bit more original or add something to the thread more becoming of Crackberry and what typically is a helpful site.

The OP expressed a question of which a few peeps gave good valid responses. These are real issues with tablets. Point blank. A lot of folks purchase these without understanding a few sacrifices need to be made if you are going to use a tablet full time beyond an entertainment machine. Might be nice to add how you are using it beyond movies and games. I am always interested to hear what others are doing with them.

I travel to Asia often and I watch how some of my co-workers have dropped their laptops and been able to use their tablets full time instead of just using it as a movie, audio, e-book reader. I waver back and forth between my laptop and tablet. Sometimes my tablet does sit and collect dust just because I get hooked on the keyboard.

Seems that if you have a device with a keyboard it makes adoption of a tablet as your full time device that much more difficult. I see a number of folks without laptops making the jump into full time tablet use and the adoption sticking. This trip I left my laptop at home to try it out and so far and finding my tablet much more useful and actually using it to much more fuller capabilities. Still wish a better stylus program would be developed as I haven't quite found a fantastic note taking program. Love being able to jump into a presentation and move through it easily. Also, being able to output it to TV and projectors is a breeze.

Being able to turn on instantly and having the battery life of a tablet is what is hooking me more and more for work. Haven't used a netbook to know if it is much the same but I do love having the screen real estate vs a netbook.

Kind of think you have to dedicate yourself to a device and make a concerted effort to make it work for you otherwise you will end up having an expensive paperweight.
    05-28-12 05:37 PM
    I'm bored with the internet... Somebody make a new one.
    05-28-12 06:17 PM
    My God this thing lasted 8 pages because some 12 year old got bored? Put the device down for a few weeks and read a real book, go to a movie, or better yet kiss a girl.
    Simply right but no some has to defend junior by pointing out forum members made jokes and did not help him? WTF! Someone please close this thread.
    What's next I'm bored with PlayBook because it's rectangular?
    05-28-12 06:37 PM
    This thread should have never made it to 21 posts, but the above quote should have ended this otherwise whiney, miserable, negative, nonsensical trollery thread.
    You bolded that like you were saying it's wasn't true....you're not saying that, are you? Because it's 100% true the music player is terrible and I've never seen anyone defend it, most people would take a better app if it came.
    05-28-12 06:44 PM
    Wow, I'm bored with this thread!

Not very constructive.
    05-28-12 07:05 PM
    This thread delivers!

+1
    05-29-12 12:30 PM
    Yeah, it delivers alright....if you like a regular dose of the clap.
    05-29-12 01:23 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD