Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-27-12 at 09:27 AM.
    12-01-11 06:07 AM
    Why didn't she just use the iPhone to look up the info? Would have been way faster than the PB. Why would it have been uncomfortble? I'm really impressed with the iPhone browser and the screen size is great.
    12-01-11 06:20 AM
    It just goes to show you, when it comes to the Playbook, size really does matter.
    12-01-11 06:33 AM
    Depends on what you're looking up or doing. Some things are just way better on a larger screen at least for me. Even with my new 9850 with a little bit larger screen then the iphone I find too small for a lot of things.

But yes you can do it on your phone unless it needs flash then on iphone you have to have an app and of course android has flash.
    12-01-11 06:33 AM
    I was out with a friend last night at a bar. She has an iPhone but, as far as I know, not an iPad. We were talking about something it would have been nice to know more about. I had my BB on the table but I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out my PB. She didn't know what it was at first because it was in the sleeve. I pulled it out and woke it up. The bar did not have public WiFi or a hotspot so I opened Bridge Browser, Google and gave it to her. She proceeded to look up what we wanted to know. After she picked her jaw up from the table where it had fallen, she said "wow that is fast". Later I was talking about my hobby so I pulled up pics on the PB from my phone using the Bridge Files app.

The PB was not the topic of conversion, it just enhanced the conversation we were having. Because it is the perfect size, it did not dominate the table and when not needed it went back into my jacket. Yes I could have done this stuff on my phone or she on her iPhone but it would have been uncomfortable.

Later I used the camera flash (in vid mode so it stayed on) on my BB to light a path in a park. Yes I know the iPhone finally has a camera flash but hers does not. Overall, the BB devices did what they are supposed to do, enhance my activities.
    enjoyable read. not insulting and well written! lol, glad to here you are enjoying your playbook!

peace
    12-01-11 06:34 AM
    Yeah, bigger the screen the more comfortable on the eyes for sure. I loved my 4.3 inch Android screen for browsing but was seriously considering a PB for a few extra inches of screen. Makes a difference, especially for longer periods of browsing.
    12-01-11 06:36 AM
    I really was just curous. Anyway, I don't think I am now. Lol. Thanks guys and have a good day! If my Office Depot has a 16 PB I'm getting one today!
    12-01-11 06:47 AM
    I really was just curous. Anyway, I don't think I am now. Lol. Thanks guys and have a good day! If my Office Depot has a 16 PB I'm getting one today!
    As a lover of all technology, not just Blackberry, I really think you will like it. For $200 it is the best tablet on the market (other than Kindle Fire).
    12-01-11 06:50 AM
    I'm hoping to use it to pick up iPhone using men at bars!

(That was joke, don't call me a troll again).

The Kindle Fire is another I'm looking at, but the bridge might be the winning factor.
    12-01-11 07:04 AM
    My dear, good on ya !

Dont forget, and it is easy to, if you look up a bit (above CB logo) there are choices to visit, android, windows, apple.

Not unlike Manhattan, the true melting pot of diversity and learning to live among differences, people peruse this site and bounce around accordingly.

People that never look up, will see themselves enclosed in a box of their own race, um device - weve seen this before many times in our history havent we.

Others who welcome diversity, will welcome all

Ahhh, such is life isnt it

Enjoy my dear
    12-01-11 07:08 AM

The Kindle Fire is another I'm looking at, but the bridge might be the winning factor.
    You mean pick up men using iphone....

Dont be embarassed, I pick up men using anything on hand
    !
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-01-11 07:10 AM
    what have i learned this morning?

three things - it is better not to be mean to people, all types of cheerios are good, and don't eat lifesavers candy before breakfast

buck out, peace
    brucep1 likes this.
    12-01-11 07:23 AM
    i am just sick of always seeing somebody feel a need to chime up, even in a positive thread about a device associated with the forum

maybe i over reacted with this chrisy person, but - whatevz, i am sure they'll still get paid on paydays and live another day, what i said isn't really the end of the world
    Last edited by buckwylder; 12-01-11 at 07:54 AM.
    12-01-11 07:51 AM
    should i think twice before posting? maybe, lmao
    12-01-11 07:56 AM

ya, lol

i will try not to call you a troll again, if you buy a blackberry playbook, psyche

hahahahaha, peace

sometimes i can be mean, i guess maybe this time i shouldn't have, it just seemed odd to me when i read your reply because of a lot of other similar situations in the crackberry forums, i'm over it, lol
    have a good day!
    Last edited by buckwylder; 12-01-11 at 08:02 AM.
    12-01-11 07:58 AM
    I was out with a friend last night at a bar. She has an iPhone but, as far as I know, not an iPad. We were talking about something it would have been nice to know more about. I had my BB on the table but I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out my PB. She didn't know what it was at first because it was in the sleeve. I pulled it out and woke it up. The bar did not have public WiFi or a hotspot so I opened Bridge Browser, Google and gave it to her. She proceeded to look up what we wanted to know. After she picked her jaw up from the table where it had fallen, she said "wow that is fast". Later I was talking about my hobby so I pulled up pics on the PB from my phone using the Bridge Files app.

The PB was not the topic of conversion, it just enhanced the conversation we were having. Because it is the perfect size, it did not dominate the table and when not needed it went back into my jacket. Yes I could have done this stuff on my phone or she on her iPhone but it would have been uncomfortable.

Later I used the camera flash (in vid mode so it stayed on) on my BB to light a path in a park. Yes I know the iPhone finally has a camera flash but hers does not. Overall, the BB devices did what they are supposed to do, enhance my activities.
    and, and?........
    12-01-11 08:03 AM
    Did this girl have any concerns that it was only 7 inches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-11 08:09 AM
    Hey bucky it's OK. It's best if you think someone is a troll to let the mods know and handle it and it is understandable because there are or seems to be many trolls here. Another good thing to do is check out their profile and previous post.

You are forgiven as long as you get on your knees and beg her forgiveness! Now I'm just kidding here

As for defending her I do that for people I consider a friend when my friend is being wrongly accused of something.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-01-11 08:09 AM
    A sore tooth is the first sign that you will defect to Android, the second is an unhealthy obsession with cheerios.

Followed by uncany love of all things multi grain.

Better get yourself to South America and see an exorcist
    LMAO - i am an exorcist

cheerios are good for me

and it would be impossible for me to defect!

too funny, lol
    12-01-11 08:24 AM
    Hey bucky it's OK. It's best if you think someone is a troll to let the mods know and handle it and it is understandable because there are or seems to be many trolls here. Another good thing to do is check out their profile and previous post.

You are forgiven as long as you get on your knees and beg her forgiveness! Now I'm just kidding here

As for defending her I do that for people I consider a friend when my friend is being wrongly accused of something.
    lol, thanks, hahahahaha!

sorry for being mean to chrisy, she's officially not a troll, lol - my friends call me flexo!
    lol

i know i'm strange! lol!

and ya, it is bad of me to have said something about you defending your friend, i would do the same!

peace! (especially in the middle east, PLEASE)
    Last edited by buckwylder; 12-01-11 at 08:38 AM.
    pkcable and Chrisy like this.
    12-01-11 08:26 AM
    Nerd alert!
    12-01-11 08:31 AM
    Nerd alert!
    LOL, if you're talkin' about me, you're spot on! i am definitely a nerd!

thanks for noticing!
    12-01-11 08:34 AM
    Nerd alert!
    you're only two posts away from ranking up! good show
    12-01-11 08:36 AM
    Did this girl have any concerns that it was only 7 inches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

If you hafta ask.......

Im so deeply sorry, you poor baby..
    12-01-11 08:41 AM
    You guys are TOO much REALLY! And enough with the troll talk! And yes some posts were deleted. I promise no bunnies were harmed!
    12-01-11 08:52 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD