Anyone having the issue of iGoogle displaying as a mobile page on the PB? this is new for me as of today. Any ideas of a way aroud this?
    05-04-12 05:36 PM
    I know I get google.com looking like the bb, when I tether. And normal looking with the wify.

Maybe that helps...
    05-04-12 06:38 PM
    At the bottom of the page in small letters choose Preferences...

Then at the bottom of Preferences page it says:

View Google in: Mobile  | Classic

Select Classic.

That will allow you to view regular mode again.

Works on your cellphone too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-04-12 07:35 PM
    I had igoogle as my start Page it doesn't even load anymore just get a blank white screen. Even if I do a Google search for it Google then click on the link I get the same blank screen. Any ideas? Just started a couple days ago. Reset my start Page to regular Google and no probs.

Weird...
    05-04-12 09:08 PM
    even going to classic view, it still switches to mobile. (shakes fist at Google)
    05-04-12 09:22 PM
    I have this issue also.

Resetting to Classic only works for current browser session. When the browser is re-started defaults back to Mobile.
    05-04-12 09:24 PM
    Okay. Just cleared cache,history etc and can pull up the Site but my customizations are gone and don't see options to personalize. Hmmmm......
    05-04-12 09:38 PM
    Anyone having the issue of iGoogle displaying as a mobile page on the PB? this is new for me as of today. Any ideas of a way aroud this?
    Same here!
    05-04-12 10:34 PM
    I am having the same thing happen to me. It is pissing me off!!!

I noticed a message from Google when I was looking at the Page and it said something to the effect of "your browser is not compatible with iGoogle, please use ie, chrome, firefox safari"

Not cool Google...
    05-05-12 01:41 PM
    Same Igoogle problem, same outrage! This is recockulous!
    05-05-12 05:37 PM
    At the bottom of the page in small letters choose Preferences...

Then at the bottom of Preferences page it says:

View Google in: Mobile |Classic

Select Classic.

That will allow you to view regular mode again.

Works on your cellphone too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app

That only works for Google page NOT IGOOGLE which has everything I want in one single page (weather, bookmarks, RSS, news). It worked fine a few days ago...
    05-05-12 10:27 PM
    I do not fault the PB on this, it is a Google issue as nothing has chenged on the PB
    05-06-12 09:42 AM
    Has anyone tried using either SimpleBrowser+ or SecureBrowser where you can change the user agent?

It would appear Google is trying to force people to use Android devices.
    05-06-12 10:59 AM
    this just pisses me off
    05-09-12 12:01 PM
    I stopped using iGoogle on my 9810 because of this issue.
    05-09-12 05:24 PM
    Google po's me off period.
    05-09-12 05:26 PM
    I, too was having this new issue using the Playbook standard browser on a WiFi connection. As of yesterday (5/14), I cannot display either the Google or iGoogle websites. Since iGoogle is my default home page, I thought that there was an issue with my Playbook (only a blank screen, not Mobile) but upon further examination, I found that I can select bookmarked sites, or enter other (non Google) URLs, with no problem.

Using Simple Browser, I can access Google and my iGoogle homepage fires up in Classic (not Mobile) display.

My BB9700 does allow access to Google and iGoogle. If I disable the Playbook WiFi, bridge to BB9700, use the browser, I can access Google, but not iGoogle

Any one else? Any solutions or opinions on what's going on here?
    05-15-12 10:46 AM
    I don't igoogle. I don't know what that is.
    Lately my google search page has been defaulting to mobile even on wifi. I found that clearing all in the browser fixed it. Clearing just the cookies may have been enough.
    05-15-12 11:20 AM
    The same thing happened to my playbook with iGoogle going to the mobile site. All I did was to load up the classic site, copy the url from the url box and set that as my home page. Volia! Worked again.
    05-15-12 12:10 PM
    I don't igoogle. I don't know what that is.
    Lately my google search page has been defaulting to mobile even on wifi. I found that clearing all in the browser fixed it. Clearing just the cookies may have been enough.
    FYI ... iGoogle is a customized space where news and other items of special interest may be configured.

The same thing happened to my playbook with iGoogle going to the mobile site. All I did was to load up the classic site, copy the url from the url box and set that as my home page. Volia! Worked again.
    Have you tried to load Google or iGoogle in the past couple of days? I get a blank screen. Even if I put the URL in the address bar.
    05-15-12 01:15 PM
    FYI ... iGoogle is a customized space where news and other items of special interest may be configured.

Have you tried to load Google or iGoogle in the past couple of days? I get a blank screen. Even if I put the URL in the address bar.
    I load up iGoogle everyday as it is my home page on the playbook. However, it is google.ca and I don't know if it makes a difference.
    05-15-12 11:02 PM
    I load up iGoogle everyday as it is my home page on the playbook. However, it is google.ca and I don't know if it makes a difference.
    I gave that a try but all I get is a redirect to the standard Google page. I'd be curious if you can still get load iGoogle today from google.ca.

I had to flush my cache and clear all my settings to even get that. Is this a Google of Playbook browser issue? I can get the iGoogle page using either the Simple Browser or Maxthon Browser.
    05-16-12 09:06 AM
    I gave that a try but all I get is a redirect to the standard Google page. I'd be curious if you can still get load iGoogle today from google.ca.

I had to flush my cache and clear all my settings to even get that. Is this a Google of Playbook browser issue? I can get the iGoogle page using either the Simple Browser or Maxthon Browser.
    I was able to load up iGoogle today. As a matter of fact, it has been working without any problem since I discovered the fix and updated my home page url to the much longer address. I don't know whether that was a google or playbook problem. I had done soft and hard restarts after the fix and it still works.
    05-16-12 11:55 AM
    I was able to load up iGoogle today. As a matter of fact, it has been working without any problem since I discovered the fix and updated my home page url to the much longer address. I don't know whether that was a google or playbook problem. I had done soft and hard restarts after the fix and it still works.
    That seems to work. I'll try a few more times. Is there a way to copy an URL without writing it down and re-typing into the "Home" settings? I can highlight but don't know the secret to select and paste.
    05-16-12 12:32 PM
    That seems to work. I'll try a few more times. Is there a way to copy an URL without writing it down and re-typing into the "Home" settings? I can highlight but don't know the secret to select and paste.
    After highlighting, tap and hold on the address again and wait for the dialogue box to show up which will allow you to copy the link.
    05-16-12 04:44 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD