And yes, including those like this one, stop viewing and posting to them, including responding to posts of the same subject matter. Ignore them and respond to the OP's thread.

I know it's tempting, having the morbid curiosity humans do, being attracted to things we hate or dislike, but it works. I also know getting a group like this, even a small majority, to work together on anything is like herding cats. Of course there will be the usual suspects trying to keep them alive, as well as those who can't help but get into the fray. But I have watched unpopular threads disappear quickly, even when a small group try to keep them active. I think the majority of us are tired of the tablet comparisons and polls and would like to get back to the business at hand and what this forum is for, the PlayBook.

This has come to a head with me, as today I was informed by a co-worker that she was trying to research a problem and had gotten frustrated with all the iPad threads and posts. She said she was going to try another forum. I had talked her into researching this forum to get her up to speed on the PB.

If you agree, all I ask is that you try to ignore them and keep this thread alive until as many as possible have read it.

There will be of course negative, troll or detracting responds to this thread, but please ignore those as well.

Thank you
    03-08-12 12:55 AM
    Here here!!! 100% agree, how about a separate forum for these threads mods?.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-08-12 05:44 AM
    Here here!!! 100% agree, how about a separate forum for these threads mods?.
    I agree; and may I suggest a name(s) for such a forum:

* The Bilge
    * The Septic Tank
    * The Trash Bin
    * File 13
    * The Vomitorium

Feel free to add your suggestions.
    03-08-12 05:58 AM
    Feel free to add your suggestions.
    The General Discussion forum.
    03-08-12 06:03 AM
    The General Discussion forum.
    That would have worked, but we already have a sub-forum with that name.
    03-08-12 06:08 AM
    Thanks for this thread, I am sooooooo tired of these PlayBook vs the world and BlackBerry vs the world threads. It's time to ignore them and move on to business at hand........enjoyment of my BlackBerry products
    03-08-12 06:15 AM
    Perhaps it would be helpful to expand a bit on the "PB vs (other device)" threads. For example, I haven't yet seen a "PB vs garden rake" or "PB vs coffee cup" thread. These could be very informative; imagine a definitive test showing whether or not a Playbook can hold more peaches than a bushel basket, or whether a Playbook can move a larger volume of snow than my 32" Mastercraft snowblower.

Of course, we'd need detailed specs of the comparison device, and a comprehensive testing process to prevent cheating. I've already observed that my dog uses minimal bandwidth, but I can't play Tetris on him. My leatherman knife is much better for peeling potatoes than my Playbook, but the PB is a hands-down winner for mashing them (the secret is taking a really big swing).

The possibilities are endless, and the data could be very useful.
    03-08-12 06:19 AM
    Heck, I thought that was the reason most were here, to argue one side or the other of those threads. Front Page of CB right now:
    http://crackberry.com/new-ipad-vs-as...ry-playbook-20
    cleveland216 and pri79269 like this.
    03-08-12 06:29 AM
    I heartily endorse the sentiment expressed by the OP. Threads that compare the PB with some other device, or mention some other device by name, should all be put into a bin as a convenience for people who want to read this stuff (maybe to help guide a buying decision).

As well, people who post a legitimate question need to frame it in a way that does not cast an immediate negative pall over the issue. Thread titles of the form �The PB sucks because ????� are not constructive.

Just my opinions.
    03-08-12 07:04 AM
    I agree with all thats been said. I want information on how to make the most of my already awesome device, not endless rants that try to validate it. If I wanted an Ipad or any other tablet I would have bought one. I chose the Playbook for a reason and I'm SECURE and happy with that. All these threads seem to be people trying to validate their decisions/purchase. If you think other devices have more to suit your needs/wants then have at it.
    The Grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    03-08-12 08:50 AM
    Lighten up. Part of the fun of owning a gadget is comparing it to the latest releases by other manufacturers. We've compared the PB to various Android tablets as well.

If your friend used the search function here, she should be able to find the answer to her problems. If she posts, someone will like answer.
    03-08-12 08:50 AM
    Heck, I thought that was the reason most were here, to argue one side or the other of those threads. Front Page of CB right now:
    http://crackberry.com/new-ipad-vs-as...ry-playbook-20
    I am not here to debate, but I understand some are. Since my devices are BB I like Crackberry as a place to learn, share and converse, not argue.

Your point is valid, I am in the middle of a chat with CB asking why my Twitter feed was littered with news about another device. It was soooooo frustrating. We all know that they need a little of this to draw ads but I wish CB would help out a little bit more.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-08-12 09:02 AM
    Lighten up. Part of the fun of owning a gadget is comparing it to the latest releases by other manufacturers. We've compared the PB to various Android tablets as well.

If your friend used the search function here, she should be able to find the answer to her problems. If she posts, someone will like answer.
    I don't need to lighten up. I've expressed my opinion, you yours. And she was searching. What was frustrating to her and many, is reading a thread for information or assistance and then it be sidetracked by tablet comparisons to the point the thread has become a farce. It's very disrespectful and frustrating to an OP who posts a request for assistance or help with a problem, to see it turn into a tablet debate, which escalates into bashing of one tablet or another then negative posts and insults. I'm as guilty as any. It's normal and to be expected on any forum such as this, but it's gotten out of hand now and started to permeate more and more threads. My opinion.
    03-08-12 09:26 AM
    I agree with all thats been said. I want information on how to make the most of my already awesome device, not endless rants that try to validate it. If I wanted an Ipad or any other tablet I would have bought one. I chose the Playbook for a reason and I'm SECURE and happy with that. All these threads seem to be people trying to validate their decisions/purchase. If you think other devices have more to suit your needs/wants then have at it.
    +1 and well said!!
    cbdwolff7 and Willard814 like this.
    03-08-12 09:43 AM
    What gets me is that there's so msny and they are being stsrted by people that doesn't have the ipad3, know how to effectively use both, or compsring em saide by side. Its just ststements to get s rise out of the community.
    Willard814 and alnamvet68 like this.
    03-08-12 09:49 AM
    Agree...enjoy the day..have a coffee..relax...catch up on all the latest news on our "playbooks". Just all be happy we all have choices
    joelled and jafobabe like this.
    03-08-12 09:52 AM
    Brother you are so right.
    03-08-12 10:00 AM
    I'm torn. I love the debates because I'm mature enough to keep away from insults and stick with more facts than anything, with some added opinions. I really love my PB32 and frequent CB for fun.

But lately I've been debating when I will make my last post here. Not because of the trolls, but the mods. There's a such thing as too much intervention from the mods. I say keep the trolls coming, they are fun to read. They're here at CB! I think that's awesome that they waste their time like that. They are sneaky at times but it never goes unnoticed.

I got a slap on the wrist for saying something positive, even added the * myself to the not-so-bad 4letter word. It made me feel like a kid again when I was banned for 2 days. It really P'd me off
    Willard814 and alnamvet68 like this.
    03-08-12 11:01 AM
    I've always enjoyed reading and learning from the Playbook Forums, but lately I've been hesistant to visit the Crackberry site because of all the "Rants" and "iPad" threads that take up so much screen space. I hate having to press the TINY next page buttons on my Playbook! I always have to zoom in just to go to the next page. I'm all for freedom of speech and sharing your thoughts & feelings about Non-Playbook related Products but I would also prefer the freedom to choose where I want to see or hear about all that. I just want a Playbook Sub-Forum where I can go if I want to hear other people
    rant about their Playbooks & iPads instead of having to manually filter out the Playbook Forum by ignoring certain Threads and pressing those TINY next page buttons to find interesting threads that are relevent to improving user experience on my Playbook. In real life, I get to choose where to go to find and do certain things so why should it be any different on the Crackberry Forums. If I went to a playground with my son, I would not want some guy to come up to me just to tell me that his son is faster or stronger than mine. If I went out on the town with my wife, I would'nt want someone to tell me that his wife is better looking or better in bed than mine. If some guy is having a bad experience with his son or wife then he should try to find a way to work it out instead of trying to get me to hate on my family. If he sincerely wants my help then he should just ask; not Rant or make demands...I would be more than happy to assist him. I just simply want to enjoy my time with the people I care about. This is how I feel about the Playbook Forums. People should be able to speak their minds but I feel it should be in a designated area where I can hear them and contribute if I deem necessary. This would be a Win-Win situation for everyone, but I also know that this means more work for the Forum Moderators who would have to enforce and regulate even more just to keep the forums organized. I'm sure people will just tell me to ignore what I don't like to see which is fine with me. It's just that I really really really hate having to press those damn next page buttons!!! Maybe the site developers can make those buttons bigger? This is just my 2 cents...
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-08-12 11:08 AM
    This forum seems to really like trolling and X vs Y threads. Those types of threads get tons of reads and replies. I had posted a problem about using PIN's for Video Chat, making a request for fellow users to test some things and/or offer any insights and it took a few days for anyone to respond. Further, there were very few reads on the topic. For actual usage/help, it seems people migrate more to RIM's official Playbook forum. Unfortunately that forum is mostly full of people just trying to grasp the basics, so it isn't much use for expanding one's usage knowledge of the Playbook. People here tend to test the boundaries more, like rooting.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-08-12 11:25 AM
    Perhaps it would be helpful to expand a bit on the "PB vs (other device)" threads. For example, I haven't yet seen a "PB vs garden rake" or "PB vs coffee cup" thread. These could be very informative; imagine a definitive test showing whether or not a Playbook can hold more peaches than a bushel basket, or whether a Playbook can move a larger volume of snow than my 32" Mastercraft snowblower.

Of course, we'd need detailed specs of the comparison device, and a comprehensive testing process to prevent cheating. I've already observed that my dog uses minimal bandwidth, but I can't play Tetris on him. My leatherman knife is much better for peeling potatoes than my Playbook, but the PB is a hands-down winner for mashing them (the secret is taking a really big swing).

The possibilities are endless, and the data could be very useful.
    That's the best I heard Yet! You had me ROTFLMAO! Thanks I needed that!! We could name a forum the iPile Bucket!
    13echo4 and wcgarette like this.
    03-08-12 11:26 AM
    Where would Crackberry.com be if we all moved to another forum site looking for answers! It would go away very quickly! I'm not asking anyone to do that! I'm just stating! I have posted some slight upset responses also, guilty as charged! I do like to find answers when I need them. We do need a clean "Help the PB Owners" forum, heavily monitored. Let the rest have it! It is cool to see that the various completion comes to the best site of fun all!!! Whoooooo Hooooooo!
    03-08-12 11:45 AM
    I like different devices..if I didn't have a Playbook I might have got an iPad but that isn't really for this forum.

On my PB today I downloaded a bunch of the NFB videos - some in HD - to watch later..don't think I could have done that on another device.
    03-08-12 11:48 AM
    Great thread.. Always wanted to be a cat.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-08-12 12:12 PM
    Yeah but remember what it takes to make that grass green.
    03-08-12 12:28 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD