No, as a simple customer, other than warranty issues, you have no need to consider company survival.
    It is never - and these forums prove this conclusively - simple to be a customer...
    But I get your point. Stock holders, however, should be excluded from this as they to certain extent have completely different interests from the "mere" customer IMHO...
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-12-13 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I just like editing ;)
    07-12-13 03:23 PM
    And another thing (Columbo style), as I don't want to edit the previous post again:
    Considering the company's survival IS a factor even in my decision making process, BUT it stops being a consideration once the company constantly fails to meet expectations.
    (Again: hypothetically )
    07-12-13 03:38 PM
    Every day you are one day closer to your unknown termination date. Make the most of each remaining day.
    I may already be past my "pull date!"
    07-12-13 05:22 PM
    Every day you are one day closer to your unknown termination date. Make the most of each remaining day.
    Ill take that as good advice and not a threat lol
    07-12-13 11:00 PM
    As I'm in my 30's now I'm pretty sure that I'm not growing anymore. Does that mean I'm dying?! I'd like to think that I'm still pretty darn useful.
    In 10 years you and I, both will be in their 40's lets what happens. We may survive, but blackberry wont.
    If you're not growing, you're dying-closed-out-business-sign.png
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 11:06 PM
    Apple was 2 days away from declaring bankruptcy once upon a time. Rumour has it, they're still in business. BlackBerry still has lots of time to right the ship.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:03 AM
    Your point is spot on in the business world... Despite the failed attempts of many in here to use erroneous analogies. How ironic that it is due to the very same apologetic, "no matter what blackberry does it's good" subsidizing of failure and mediocrity from the customer base that enabled blackberry to perform so poorly that eReaders were produced that outperform it and outsell it . I warned over a year ago that the incompetency displayed by blackberry was going to cost it dearly and I was laughed at and told I would be eating crow soon.

Well well well...
    07-13-13 05:22 AM
    As I'm in my 30's now I'm pretty sure that I'm not growing anymore. Does that mean I'm dying?! I'd like to think that I'm still pretty darn useful.
    We're all dying; it just takes some of us longer.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and axllebeer like this.
    07-13-13 07:37 AM
    The PlayBook has never reached its full potential, with it always being behind the competition. I remember all the improvements that came with the software update a year after launch. The sort of thing the should have been present day 1!! If we are honest it only brought it back to a level playing field until everyone else improved again. I have 4 play books at home. Mine is now a paperweight. My family won't be far behind I expect when they feel it's limitation a in due course. I like the kit but regret buying into it. Unfortunately I believed all the promises of improvements to come etc. So much potential totally wasted from day 1.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-13 07:38 AM
    The PlayBook has never reached its full potential, with it always being behind the competition. I remember all the improvements that came with the software update a year after launch. The sort of thing the should have been present day 1!! If we are honest it only brought it back to a level playing field until everyone else improved again. I have 4 play books at home. Mine is now a paperweight. My family won't be far behind I expect when they feel it's limitation a in due course. I like the kit but regret buying into it. Unfortunately I believed all the promises of improvements to come etc. So much potential totally wasted from day 1.

Posted via CB10
    I agree in general with the feelings here, because I bought a playbook on day one. My patience lasted until the previous regime claimed they'd never made statements or commitments around local PDA apps.

II bought another one when they went on firesale to use as a media consumption tablet, but recently sold that off for a few bucks.

I don't think Thor is completely on the hook on this one personally. The Co-CEO team left him with a pile thay had to be dealt with; he finally has. It's a shame as the PlayBook to me was all about unrealized potential, but to be honest I have just moved on to an iPad Mini. Works great, no issues, supplements my Q10 perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:45 AM
    They're two year old tech. it's no surprise that they won't see much if anymore innovative features.

But they're still great at the stuff they were capable of before, aren't they? Or did the browser suddenly stop working somehow?

Posted via CB10
    It works. It just is slow and checkerboards like crazy and stalls and just goes POOF at times. Other than that it's just great
    07-13-13 07:45 AM
    @312Lorden
    You write this as if you're contradicting me. I deliberately made my remarks about a hypothetical company to address my belief that I do not owe any company my loyalty anymore once they start to fail to deliver... I never even mentioned the poor old PB once (in this thread - until now).
    ________

No contradiction, just disagreement. I assume you are a PB use otherwise you would not be participating in this forum. To me you're advocating "jumping ship" because you perceive BBRY is not delivering. All I am saying, as you may read in my other threads, is that there's still life in the PB, or Blackberry's latest products.

You are perfectly within your right to jump ship. It's a free country (or continent), but I think your decision is rather hasty.
    07-13-13 10:36 PM
    So exactly what part of the word "hypothetical" do you not understand?

This is getting ridiculous: by one part of this community I am being accused of being a fan-boy, not seeing the plight of those hit hardest by the "announcement", while another part claims I advocate "jumping ship". And both sides imply I might not even own a Playbook. Maybe you should all get together and compare notes...
    07-14-13 03:14 AM
    as a bio-chemist and also as a IT guy who donates CPU power for cancer cell decoding, the process of you know you are growing old is this ->
    the muscles in both men and women, change to fat. this process of transformation is called protein fat transformation and the end game is called glycoproteins. and Finally it turns into fat and stored in the tummy region and upper hips.

same with blackberry playbook OS too. due to lack of exercise it grew old, and the muscles of QNX got somehow transformed, its because of adobe and android and security and junk and SOME MORE PATHETIC LIES into JUNKO-glycoprotein. which is why it became tough for RIM/Blackberry to convert OS 10x into the device. Hence its dying and your fat is growing more and more.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-14-13 05:43 AM
    as a bio-chemist and also as a IT guy who donates CPU power for cancer cell decoding, the process of you know you are growing old is this ->
    the muscles in both men and women, change to fat. this process of transformation is called protein fat transformation and the end game is called glycoproteins. and Finally it turns into fat and stored in the tummy region and upper hips.

same with blackberry playbook OS too. due to lack of exercise it grew old, and the muscles of QNX got somehow transformed, its because of adobe and android and security and junk and SOME MORE PATHETIC LIES into JUNKO-glycoprotein. which is why it became tough for RIM/Blackberry to convert OS 10x into the device. Hence its dying and your fat is growing more and more.
    thanks!
    -paul
    Muscles turn to fat?????? Thought was impossible? If you don't exercise muscle can shrink and you can get fatter.....
    07-14-13 07:42 AM
    Muscles turn to fat?????? Thought was impossible? If you don't exercise muscle can shrink and you can get fatter.....
    Lipoprotein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -> well i can explain the bio chemical process but thats off-topic and way beyond the scope of this post.
    already i am being called as a IT geek who speaks geek lingo. What now? people will hate my posts because they will have biology too?
    hehehe. think of those casual readers, have mercy on them. ;-) already an IT geek and now a bio-chem geek, double geekery, people needs fresh air. let them breathe ;-), right F2? Let people speak english. ;-)

thanks!
    -paul
    07-14-13 07:54 AM
41 12