There's an old expression that If you're not growing, you're dying. Playbook is dying. It's all swell and good if you want to read the web, send email, video chat with other berryheads, and do the other things that Playbook can do today. The point is that the Playbook of tomorrow will do no more than it can do today. There will be no significant app development for this device. There will be no growth, only a certain death. Unless, of course, your needs and desires of tomorrow do not grow. Mine surely will.

I know some will so "but, eh, we can sideload Android apps". That's true, kinda, sorta. Whoopee! There are two Playbooks in my house and I convinced a couple of friends they needed one also. I don't think there will any more Blackberrys for me. There's just not enough mass to swim the tide.
    07-11-13 03:51 PM
    another post like that...
    07-11-13 04:00 PM
    They're two year old tech. it's no surprise that they won't see much if anymore innovative features.

But they're still great at the stuff they were capable of before, aren't they? Or did the browser suddenly stop working somehow?

Posted via CB10
    BerryGuy4040 likes this.
    07-11-13 04:03 PM
    mine must be special, it's still working, and I'm still using it everyday.
    axllebeer, NaijaBerry and raremage like this.
    07-11-13 04:23 PM
    Look into the Samsung Apex to replace your playbook. Good video of the device on YouTube you should check it out

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-11-13 04:25 PM
    Since my forehead and waistline are both growing does that mean i'm not dying?
    07-11-13 04:33 PM
    If you're not growing you're dyeing? I've been stuck at 5'11" for quite some time.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 04:47 PM
    Blah blah blah. My PlayBook library is growing. So I guess it's not dying then.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 05:07 PM
    My Playbook still connects wirelessly across my home network and downloads tv recordings from our Humax Satellite recorder so I can watch tv using Kalemsoft on the commute to work.
    Faultless connection to my MIFI connection so I can access email and internet
    Great silent camera so I can take photos off the ****** with their feet on the seats!

Yes I continue to find my 7" Playbook useful and my poor Samsung netbook and Kindle are gathering dust.

For commuting or a quick look at emails / internet at home the Playbook is perfect. And if it died, I'd probably buy another small tablet. But I am not really missing much.
    FF22 and axllebeer like this.
    07-12-13 03:56 AM
    If you are not spending money on a new device, you are helping corporations die. That really is the end result!
    07-12-13 09:16 AM
    excuse me but I've talked to several devs who said they plan on supporting the playbook native apps they have and also will still continue to support the playbook android runtime as well regardless if the android equivilant has versions for android 4.0 and above
    07-12-13 09:27 AM
    As I'm in my 30's now I'm pretty sure that I'm not growing anymore. Does that mean I'm dying?! I'd like to think that I'm still pretty darn useful.
    07-12-13 10:06 AM
    If you are not spending money on a new device, you are helping corporations die. That really is the end result!
    My foremost concern as a customer should, however, not be if a company survives. Or am I once more missing the point completely?
    07-12-13 10:08 AM
    Growing is actually dying. It's the circle of life. Cue music!
    NaijaBerry and axllebeer like this.
    07-12-13 10:37 AM
    My foremost concern as a customer should, however, not be if a company survives. Or am I once more missing the point completely?
    In general, you want to work with vendors that provide quality products, partner with you to meet or exceed your business requirements, care about you as a customer, and are financially viable so they can continue to provide you with support. It's without question in your best interest long term to build a relationship that is profitable for both parties.

If you constantly negotiate every deal to the nub, you're screwing your vendors and eventually that hurts you almost as much as the vendor.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:09 AM
    True, but if a hypothetical company isn't able to deliver anymore, the customer shouldn't stick around solely out of charitable intent...
    FF22 likes this.
    07-12-13 11:15 AM
    mine must be special, it's still working, and I'm still using it everyday.
    Ditto!!
    07-12-13 12:07 PM
    Why can't I just resist answering such posts, especially when this is the OP's very first post? The "T" word does come to mind.....
    07-12-13 12:10 PM
    True, but if a hypothetical company isn't able to deliver anymore, the customer shouldn't stick around solely out of charitable intent...

No charitable intent needed. There are still lots of decent apps for many of us PB users to have fun with our adult toy. Load them up now. I won't need an app that can read fingerprints, or eye irises, or trigger a soda pop vending machine, or pay my utility bills. There's still a lot going for the old-fashioned way of doing things.

Smartphones the future thing? Their screens will get larger and larger and presto! A tablet is reborn.
    07-12-13 01:45 PM
    As I'm in my 30's now I'm pretty sure that I'm not growing anymore. Does that mean I'm dying?! I'd like to think that I'm still pretty darn useful.
    Every day you are one day closer to your unknown termination date. Make the most of each remaining day.
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-12-13 01:55 PM
    @312Lorden
    You write this as if you're contradicting me. I deliberately made my remarks about a hypothetical company to address my belief that I do not owe any company my loyalty anymore once they start to fail to deliver... I never even mentioned the poor old PB once (in this thread - until now).
    07-12-13 01:58 PM
    Shall we vote on that?
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-12-13 02:34 PM
    Depends on your perspective. Stock holder? Warranty or parts for repair? Competition (if the company continues to produce anything worth considering) and additional choices. No, as a simple customer, other than warranty issues, you have no need to consider company survival. Oh, yeah, nostalia - I saw an Oldsmobile Cutlass the other day, first Olds I've seen in years and got wistful over my mom's car which I learned to drive on and use during my college years.
    07-12-13 02:38 PM
    Shall we vote on that?
    Would you think less of me if I voted against myself
    FF22 likes this.
    07-12-13 02:53 PM
    excuse me but I've talked to several devs who said they plan on supporting the playbook native apps they have and also will still continue to support the playbook
    And if you talk with Blackberry they say they are still supporting the Playbook.
    07-12-13 03:11 PM
41 12