I'd like to throw my suggestion out there for consideration. Windows 8.

Not the Windows RT tablets, but a full Win8 OS tablet.

In a tablet ecosystem currently driven by the desire for apps, I think we have forgotten the power of a desktop OS
    in a mobile environment. It is with this idea in mind, that I considered a Windows 8 tablet.

Here's what I did:

I picked up an Asus Vivotab Smart 64G, and I am very pleased with it. I originally considered an Android
    tablet (no iPad for this guy), but I still want to do more with it than simply run apps. For me, the Asus was
    the way to go...here are some of my reasons (top 10):

1. Full Win8 OS means I can run Windows programs on it, connect it to my tv or another monitor via HDMI, and bluetooth
    a keyboard to it.
    2. It can run Windows apps and Windows programs...it's the only OS that has this ability. So, if I want to run a Windows App, I
    can do so in a tablet environment...if I want a Windows program, I can use it in place of a laptop. Great versatility, in my opinion.
    3. So far, it seems pretty stable...browsers don't crash, and the speed is great. I've run my music editing software on it, watched Netflix,
    Skyped, and done all sorts of other things I can't do on other tablets.
    4. Similar swipe gestures (not exactly the same, though) to the PB...so, it's a matter of getting used to what each gesture does, and that didn't
    take very long at all.
    5. Solid build, yet feels light to carry around.
    6. The larger screen is a bonus, so for my work needs, it's going to be a dream.
    7. Customizability - one of the main reasons I stay with Blackberry is that I can customize my experience to whatever works for me...not
    like the other fruit that shoves down my throat the experience IT wants me to have. This OS gives me the same feeling. Yes, I'm a control freak.
    8. Expandable memory - always a bonus.
    9. Networking and remote access to my home and work computers is a dream when I am on the road - so, accessibility to my server is not
    an adventure.
    10. Price point - I picked this up for around $450 from Visions Electronics. The cheapest Microsoft Windows tablet running Win8 Full is considerably
    more.

All in all, this is my alternative tablet (and may become my main work tablet soon), and I'm very pleased with my choice.

Maybe this helps a few people decide on a new tablet...maybe it doesn't.
    07-10-13 10:21 PM
    HP Envy X2 is a pretty sweet device and the price for 64gb is $599. I set one up for a friend about 2 weeks ago and fell in love, will be picking myself up one here soon.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:28 PM
    HP Envy X2 is a pretty sweet device and the price for 64gb is $599. I set one up for a friend about 2 weeks ago and fell in love, will be picking myself up one here soon.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good choice as well...I considered that one, but price point was an issue for me.
    07-10-13 10:44 PM
    I think it depends on what you want to do with a tablet. Windows8 tablets are full computers. While it is good to be able to run Windows programs, they are more expensive, heavier, have less battery run time, and run hotter. If you want to use your tablet as a web surfing / media consumption device you might be better off with an Android / iOS / WindowsRT tablet. The good thing is there is so much choice.
    Tim1131 likes this.
    07-11-13 06:52 AM
    And feel free to send me your old playbook when you make the switch. I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
    CobaltTiNor likes this.
    07-11-13 08:52 AM
    I think it depends on what you want to do with a tablet. Windows8 tablets are full computers. While it is good to be able to run Windows programs, they are more expensive, heavier, have less battery run time, and run hotter. If you want to use your tablet as a web surfing / media consumption device you might be better off with an Android / iOS / WindowsRT tablet. The good thing is there is so much choice.
    I agree about the expense, but I've had great battery time, and it doesn't run any hotter than any other tablet I've tried. As for the weight, it's lighter than my PB.

Thankfully, there are many choices out there.
    07-11-13 02:24 PM
    And feel free to send me your old playbook when you make the switch. I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
    Not a chance! Still love my PB's and will continue to use them.
    07-11-13 02:24 PM