...demo hi-def video that comes with the playbook, especially at the part where the sea turtle swims around. Most of the people's reaction is in amazement.
    04-23-11 11:15 AM
    ...demo hi-def video that comes with the playbook, especially at the part where the sea turtle swims around. Most of the people's reaction is in amazement.
    YUP! i did that last night and peeps were astonished
    04-23-11 11:19 AM
    the bird splashing in water about 3/4 the way through is stunning.
    04-23-11 11:21 AM
    hmph....didnt see any demo pix or vids on my device.
    04-23-11 11:21 AM
    If you look in the video player you don't see anything listed in there? That's kind of strange... Could do a reload from desktop manager and see if it comes back after a new firmware load...
    04-23-11 12:15 PM
    Agreed. Everyone that I have showed that video to was blown away. Most say "oh that's much better resolution than the ipad". Overall everyone that has played around with it, all say that they are impressed....even the ipad2 users

I find that females prefer the smaller size too.
    04-23-11 12:20 PM

I find that females prefer the smaller size too.
    you dont hear that every day

sorry too easy
    04-23-11 12:31 PM
    Do that while playing NFS Undercover at the same time, then they will be truly amazed!
    04-23-11 12:35 PM
    i agree that is a great video and looks great, really shows the screen off
    04-23-11 12:47 PM
    First time I played with a demo unit in store, when I played the video I was just stunned by the quality of the screen
    04-23-11 12:49 PM
    Here's another demo you can try- it's HD and a little wierd, but visually stunning. (I can't get it to play smoothly without heavy buffering over my network, but if someone has great broadband wifi, see if you can play the whole thing):
    Click on the "NFB" app (pre-loaded on the device if you haven't discovered it yet). It's a streaming video app from the National Film Board (Canada, of course.) Click on the HD button and swipe over to page 2 and launch the "Madame Tutli Putli" video. Be patient- it may take a while to load but it's got some amazing animation. The whole NFB site has some really interesting titles-mostly shorts.
    04-27-11 08:28 PM
    The turtle seriously looks 3d. It pops out big time!
    04-27-11 08:36 PM
    Here's another demo you can try- it's HD and a little wierd, but visually stunning. (I can't get it to play smoothly without heavy buffering over my network, but if someone has great broadband wifi, see if you can play the whole thing):
    Click on the "NFB" app (pre-loaded on the device if you haven't discovered it yet). It's a streaming video app from the National Film Board (Canada, of course.) Click on the HD button and swipe over to page 2 and launch the "Madame Tutli Putli" video. Be patient- it may take a while to load but it's got some amazing animation. The whole NFB site has some really interesting titles-mostly shorts.
    You're right. That one is great for showing off the display.
    Certifiably NFB too. Nice catch.
    04-27-11 08:43 PM
    showed it to my aunts techie bf and he was really impressed
    04-27-11 08:49 PM
    Or put it in showcase mode and start the video, start Need for Speed, start the pictures app, a web browser -- minimize all and show them all the apps are still executing in the background. Heh.
    04-27-11 08:55 PM
    I almost always get a verbal reaction when the turtle comes on, like"Wow". someone had a good suggestion in another thread, turn on the front camera and hit record and then switch to the video and hand it to them. You can capture their reaction to the vid and it shows off the multitasking very nicely.
    04-27-11 08:59 PM
    Earlier today, I showed to an Apple fan at work Need for Speed, the HD video and Tetris running at the same time. I showed him that I could still control the car when in thumbnail mode. All this while I was viewing files off the Playbook through wireless He was impressed at its power. All we need now is some polishing and a few killer apps.
    04-27-11 09:05 PM
    Thats a pretty weird film. The people look like they have some skin disease because the detail is just amazing!
    04-27-11 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD