I'm not so sure I would have. Not because it might never get bb10, but because my z10 has basically completely replaced my PlayBook

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    05-25-13 04:36 PM
    Yes because I had lusted after the PlayBook since just before Black Friday 2011 when Staples had the 16GB ones for $199.99 and I had never even heard of BB10.

I have had my 64GB PlayBook since September 2012 and love it every bit as much as I did when I got it, even more actually.
    As I have stated before, it does what I bought it for, not what some magical update sometime in the future might make it be able to so.
    I don't care about Skype or Netflix so not having them doesn't matter at all to me.
    They both were in my laptop when I got it and I have never used them and don't plan on using them.

There are so many people complaining about the lack of BB10 and saying they're giving up on the PB, it makes me wonder why they bought one in the first place. I mean, it still does email very well, web browsing extremely well, is a fine e-book reader, video is tremendous and it has superb audio. In fact it has all sorts of applications and functions and has a great spec. I only got mine at Christmas and I was not anticipating BB10 coming and I still use it every day.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-25-13 04:37 PM
    Yes, though I admittedly don't use it much.
    05-25-13 04:41 PM
    When I bought my playbook I didn't even realize BlackBerry 10 was coming out haha

Posted via CB10
    And the same goes for 90% of us that bought one cheap too if we are honest.
    05-25-13 04:41 PM
    There are so many people complaining about the lack of BB10 and saying they're giving up on the PB, it makes me wonder why they bought one in the first place. I mean, it still does email very well, web browsing extremely well, is a fine e-book reader, video is tremendous and it has superb audio. In fact it has all sorts of applications and functions and has a great spec. I only got mine at Christmas and I was not anticipating BB10 coming and I still use it every day.
    I use my PlayBooks daily. BB10 would be a bonus but I knew what I was buying when I bought them. Who needs bridge when Activesync is tons better?
    05-25-13 04:43 PM
    I don't know. Technically I bought it again. My 16 gig had a short in the charging port. I sold it for parts and picked up a 32 gig. Although I picked up a second PlayBook in hopes that I'd have some BlackBerry 10 action.
    05-25-13 05:02 PM
    yes I would of bought my playbook regaedless, great little tablet qnd I love the bezels
    05-25-13 05:11 PM
    No.. got some use out of it regardless, however, expected it to be fully compatible with the new BlackBerry smartphones' OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:19 PM
    It does not bridge with my BB10 devices so it will start gathering dust.
    05-25-13 05:25 PM
    I do NOT want BB10 on my playbook, I want it to run as smoothly as it does. I would like some kind of bridge functionality, even if I just get texting back that would be nice. I would like to be able to run the BB10 apps, that is all. Also I want kobo to come out on the z10 as the side load variant bites the big one.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    05-25-13 05:29 PM
    Yes but i would not have bought 3 .
    05-25-13 05:31 PM
    Yes but i would not have bought 3 .
    I'm taking donations if your willing
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-25-13 05:33 PM
    Yes, I am 100% sure I would have bouhght as BBOS10 was not even launched at the time of my purchase. Yes, it would be great to have Os10 on our Playbook, but we also have to understand that the PB is a quite old device comparing to the present mobile market and we should definitly not expect to.be updated as fast as the newer devices like z10/q10. I really hope.that BB will show that it is superior to Samsung/Htc were a device gets updates for a limited period of time.. Coming back to the topic: Pb is great anyway, no matter the update .
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-25-13 05:34 PM
    Yes. Absolutely.
    05-25-13 05:51 PM
    Got mine prior to any knowledge of BlackBerry 10. I use it every day and love it. If BlackBerry 10 does not come to the PlayBook, I will continue to use it. If it does, well it'll be like Christmas day.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    05-25-13 05:55 PM
    Yeppers, and I would buy another one if anything happened to any of my PB's even knowing the possibility that BB10 may never come.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-25-13 06:19 PM
    As soon as the Playbook came out I bought one and shortly after that I bought another. This was all before I may have even heard of BB10 possibly going to the Playbook. So yes I would have still bought one
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-25-13 06:26 PM
    You obviously are not a PB owner. The playbook is the complete opposite of your description. People bought it because BBRY promised to make it better.

As I said on other post, show me a satisfied PB owner and ill show you a person with very low expectations.
    05-25-13 06:27 PM
    yup i love my playbook..
    05-25-13 06:29 PM
    You obviously are not a PB owner. The playbook is the complete opposite of your description. People bought it because BBRY promised to make it better.

As I said on other post, show me a satisfied PB owner and ill show you a person with very low expectations.
    not to be insulting... but your an *****.. i am sorry for having to say that.. but just because someone is satisfied with there purchase doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right...i am very satisfied with my pb.. does every thing that i require.. i never bought it to replace a computer.. that would be stupid.. i use it every day... wish the bridge was better now.. but such is life...
    KittyBomb and mnhockeycoach99 like this.
    05-25-13 06:47 PM
    I still would of. At the time I bought mine I was just waiting for 2.0 for the native email. If I were to get BB10 now, it would be purely a bonus for myself.
    05-25-13 06:53 PM
    Been using mine for over two years....so yes.
    05-25-13 07:13 PM
    not to be insulting... but your an *****.. i am sorry for having to say that.. but just because someone is satisfied with there purchase doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right...i am very satisfied with my pb.. does every thing that i require.. i never bought it to replace a computer.. that would be stupid.. i use it every day... wish the bridge was better now.. but such is life...

I'm not insulted. I've been called worse by better I'm sure. I never said [you] were wrong, just low expectations and it wasn't meant as an insult. BBRY promoted the PB as a business tablet, and a business tablet it is not. So If you are satisfied with not having a business tablet, no sustainable application eco-system, and generally a failed product by every measure in the industry that's fine.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    05-25-13 07:26 PM
    I bought mine cause it was cheap. Nothing more. The BB10 upgrade (if its coming) is just a big plus after !
    05-25-13 07:54 PM
    BB10 probably was not a future upgrade when most people got their PB. I don't see the problem. For a �129 tablet, it does good for me. i wonder how many will complain about the functionality of BB10 if it does get to the PB. You just cannot please some people.
    Malcolm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    I bought the PB for full price and didn't have basic features like email and calender for almost one year! People who are trying to justify BlackBerry on PB please think over. BBRY is killing PB! an awesome tablet!
    Last edited by arvind1983; 05-25-13 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typos
    05-25-13 07:54 PM
184 1234 ...