well, if for some reason you just cannot use your playbook anymore.. why tablet would you choose today, apple or android? and why?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 03:45 PM
    I would would give up on life because I'd be bored.
    05-05-12 03:52 PM
    well, if for some reason you just cannot use your playbook anymore.. why tablet would you choose today, apple or android? and why?

Definitely Android. Not that the Android OS is better than iOS, but more interesting and I have a cargo boatload of apps collected for Android.

I tried and tried to buy an Android tablet before discovering the PB. I'm glad I have the PB. If it was a real choice between the PB, iPad or Android tab now I would go for the PB every time. It's better in every way.
    05-05-12 03:55 PM
    Sorry, my previous post was in reference to another thread and couldn't help it

No other tablet out there serves my needs, at work or home better than a PB, so I would probably wait for and try a Windows8 7" tablet. I have had both other OSs you mention and I personally care for neither. Plus Windows would integrate into and work more seamlessly with Enterprise than iOS or Android.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-05-12 at 04:07 PM.
    05-05-12 03:59 PM
    I would just buy a new PB. If they was not around any more I wouldn't have a tablet any more.
    When I say I don't like the other ones I actually mean that. That's why it took me nearly a year to get a PB. And only then because my wife insisted. Blackberry offered a different UI.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 05-05-12 at 04:10 PM.
    llllBULLSEYE and recompile like this.
    05-05-12 04:07 PM
    I don't want any other tablet.

Like 13echo4, it took me alot of rearch and contemplating to pick the best tablet for ME.
    I prefer the Blackberry UI and the security of the BB Brand.

I have enough devices with windows and don't want anymore of those.
    05-05-12 04:11 PM

It would be android because I'm penny wise. Hopefully I'll never have to.
    05-05-12 04:15 PM
    Sorry, my previous post was in reference to another thread and couldn't help it

No other tablet out there serves my needs, at work or home better than a PB, so I would probably wait for and try a Windows8 7" tablet. I have had both other OSs you mention and I personally care for neither. Plus Windows would integrate into and work more seamlessly with Enterprise than iOS or Android.
    I agree with you, i already have a playbook and i LOVE it, its simply amazing, the reason i asked this is because im a medical student and i would really like to have a bigger display to read my books and stuff( i need to read a lot ), im happy with my playbook, but having a bigger display would help me a lot, i think im gonna wait to see what windows 8 has to offer.
    05-05-12 04:17 PM
    If My playbook was destroyed in a devistating fire, and i somehow managed to survive the desperate attempt to enter the burning building to retrieve it, and playbook sales were now illegal and i could never get another one.... id get the Acer Iconia W500. and Just have a windows tablet. windows is on my PC and my Laptop. it would be fully compatible and do everything i needed, when i needed. Androids too unreliable, and apple is too unusable for those who are more than the most casual of users..
    05-05-12 04:32 PM
    I agree with you, i already have a playbook and i LOVE it, its simply amazing, the reason i asked this is because im a medical student and i would really like to have a bigger display to read my books and stuff( i need to read a lot ), im happy with my playbook, but having a bigger display would help me a lot, i think im gonna wait to see what windows 8 has to offer.
    Most people can't read very long on the ipad out and about because it just gets ackward. Not really heavy it puts your arms in an uncomfortable postion for long stretches of time. The PB in landscape is ideal at the park on the bench or on the front porch in a bench swing kicked back. That where I read my gun and tractor mags on my PB. Inside the house? Well let me tell you, that's a different story. Hdmi to 57" lcd. There's nothing on this planet like it. Well minus jarvis of course.
    05-05-12 04:33 PM
    No playbook I would have to go back to a netbook computer
    05-05-12 04:35 PM
    Unless you need to read on the move, you ever think about HDMI to a computer monitor or TV to get your bigger screen for reading? long enough cable you can sit back, Playbook on your lap, absent mindedly flicking its screen to turn the page while you read on the bigger screen, and OH, gotta go out RIGHT NOW, unplug the cable, and off you go with an ultra portable ereader and your book right where you left off
    05-05-12 04:38 PM
    It would be a Windows based tablet. That wouldn't even be much sacrifice.
    05-05-12 04:48 PM
    There isn't any other viable alternative. With the exception of the PlayBook, there isn't a 7" pro-grade, superbly built, tablet computer available; so I guess I would have to do without.
    05-05-12 04:57 PM
    Windows... Maybe... That is a huge maybe... I survived without a tablet before, so I am sure I can do it again. I just know I definitely don't want to be sucked in to Apple World or Droidland. I've met lots of people from both places. They are nice, (friendly and all) but they are never the same again. I do not like having some corporation telling me what kinds of things/apps I can use my device for. That's one of the reasons I bought the PlayBook. I can surf with very few limitations. If I do get stuck for some reason, I just link to my computer and then go again. Freedom, baby - priceless.
    05-05-12 05:07 PM
    Quite honestly i think i would go without. I would hope the BB10 phones could fill the horrible gap but i know nothing else would.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-05-12 05:30 PM
    One of the reasons I bought the PB is for the bridge features. It saves me $20/month from Mobile Hotspot and will be paying for itself by the end of the year.

If there wasn't PlayBook, I would still be using tether and a less portable laptop.
    05-05-12 05:49 PM
    Neither. I'd go back to Dell laptop only. I don't have home wifi. I bought the PlayBook for the size and bridge feature. I don't want to spend another $30-$80 a month for tablet data.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-05-12 05:57 PM
    Until the BlackBerry PlayBook was announced I had dismissed tablets as unnecessary for me. So in the absence of the BlackBerry PlayBook I would not have discovered this amazing tablet.
    Marty_LK and alnamvet68 like this.
    05-05-12 06:14 PM
    I think I'd just ride it out with my Torch.
    05-05-12 06:25 PM
    I think I'd just ride it out with my Torch.
    I'm with you on that one, I call it my little itty bitty playbook
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-05-12 06:34 PM
    Neither. I'd go back to Dell laptop only. I don't have home wifi. I bought the PlayBook for the size and bridge feature. I don't want to spend another $30-$80 a month for tablet data.
    No wifi...gee, you must live in the Everglades.
    05-05-12 06:37 PM
    1. ASUS Transformer(TF101)/Prime(TF201)/TF300 with Dock and wait for Ubuntu-for-Android.
    2. ASUS Padfone with Dock and wait for Ubuntu-for-Android.
    3. Win8 (with Dock). i.e. HP Slate 8.
    4. Win8 Hybrid (Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga).

That is all.
    05-05-12 06:38 PM
    Output via HDMI from the PB to a smartTV/monitor?

Or output via HDMI from PB to this:

HMZT1 | Personal 3D Viewer | Sony Canada
    05-05-12 06:47 PM
    I would take an Android simply because it is the closest thing to my PlayBook that isn't an apple.
    05-05-12 06:47 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD