Are you serious? Everyone raved about the screen a year ago.
    That was a year ago...

1) Open browser to any full (non-mobile) web page. Try to read text without zooming in.
    2) Do that on a Nexus 7
    3) Do that on an iPad3

Come back and make your case again...

Hey, I'm not trying to be inflamatory here, but seriously, they *just* released their latest version of the PB (4G) with the same 1024x??? screen, and it costs more than the Nexus7 (which is coming out in a 32gb model in 3 weeks) with a 720p HD display. At least *try* to keep up with the competition... not be one or 2 steps behind constantly.

TRJB
    sqiub23 likes this.
    10-10-12 11:38 AM
    Can't don't have either. I can read fine on mine. Reading this full site page now with no zooming.
    10-10-12 11:54 AM
    I would appreciate a slightly bigger screen size and also a speedier browser
    10-10-12 12:13 PM
    Just one?

The thing that I find cheeky is that the quick charger should have been standard, not an extra purchase.
    10-10-12 01:58 PM
    Why can't you?
    I know how to swipe up to where its a smaller window but that's not what I'm talking about. I want the thing gone from view but still loaded into memory. I've tried leaving them open but I invariably end up closing them on accident-- and its not as pleasant as what I'm used to with Windows or Blackberry OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    10-10-12 03:28 PM
    I would simply like the video player to remember where I stopped a movie so I didn't have to scroll and find my place every time. Now that would make me a happy camper...
    Try AutoPlay Videos said the developer :-p
    10-10-12 07:08 PM
    The absolutely terrible way it handles pictures, from the disorganized folder, to the inability to directly send a pic you are viewing, to the inability to rotate a pic sent from a bridged phone... I love my PBs, but man, the photo handling is awful.
    10-10-12 10:50 PM
    enable USB OTG ... this would allow SD card adaptors, thumb/flash drives to be read by the device. It would, in my opinion raise the usefulness massively.

My mobile phone already has this feature and it's fantastic, it will even connect to keyboards and mice which allows the phone to deliver content in presentations via its hdmi socket. Being able to do this on the playbook would be awesome.

Oh and while we're at it a powerpoint player that plays the animations in the presentation! At present I get around this by copying the presentation to google docs then running it from there. Surely if googles webpage can run a presentation properly then RIM's OS should be able to

---------- Post Merged at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:18 AM ----------

I would put the iPad evernote app on it

If that doesn't count because it isn't directly playbook, then I would just add RAM
    evernote already have a playbook app
    Last edited by slparry; 10-11-12 at 06:37 AM.
    10-11-12 06:26 AM
    If RIM was to change a few things on the Playbook what would u want changed? Me personally I would want a MicroSD slot, that's the only reason I would consider buying a new Playbook, Thinner faster and lighter are boring upgrades, am happy with the speed size and weight. Not worth spending the money for a faster tablet, but an SD with an extra 64G would be worth it. It is
    crazy that they left it out
    That would be number 1 for me a sd slot or to open up the usb port for card readers/writers.and a thinner bezel for a little more screen space.
    10-11-12 08:12 AM
    A swappable battery. Not very many tablet have this ability. As much as I use the PlayBook in a day this would be very helpful.
    Do a search for Item number: 221082169803 on ebay. I bought one and it's excellent for doing a recharge on the playbook as it has a built in cable with the same connector plus an extra two usb slots to take cables to charge other devices
    10-11-12 10:30 AM
    External SD card slot.
    nappp likes this.
    10-11-12 11:52 AM
    Native ad-blocker for the browser. Also, RIM needs to add the question mark key "?" to the main keyboard page, and remove the globe icon thats on the left side of the space bar. Doesn't need to be there and wastes space that could be used to extend the space bar.
    10-11-12 07:58 PM
    Better YouYube app (either by Google or just completely remade so that it actually is useable; site isn't optimized for tablets and can be bothersome to use at times)
    I typically use the full Youtube site, which I find works well for me, but have you tried YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. or YouTube - Leanback ?
    10-12-12 10:20 AM
    Sync between phone contacts and PlayBook.
    10-12-12 10:51 AM
    If I had to restrict myself to one single thing, I would have to say improved Scrapbook app, meaning more themes and downloadable content, better integration with camera/photos, more sharing options, and better "social".

To me, I love the Scrapbook app because it is fun, graphically appealing, and a great way to share photos you've taken. The core function of piecing your photos together into an interesting collage works great. There are similar apps on other platforms, but none come stock on the device and this is something that differentiates the Playbook from other offerings out there. I hope they don't nuke it in the BB10 release for PB.

Unfortunately, even though it is easy and enjoyable to actually create a scrapbook picture, a tablet is not a good photography device so getting the photos you want into the scrapbook is inconvenient at best. Then, there are only a few theme packs that are appealing to any one person, and there is no third party repository for themes that I know of, so you don't have fresh scrapbook looks available all the time to keep you coming back.

Second, the simple photo gallery on the Playbook makes it hard to find the photos you want, and you can't do things like take a photo from within the app (like you can in Instragram for example).

Finally, sharing your finished scrapbook isn't a smooth process; this should be the easiest thing you can do in the app!
    10-12-12 10:56 AM
    Definitely microSD!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-12-12 11:25 AM
    Gps function same as tomtom
    fm radio
    satellite phone
    car recorder front and rear same time
    10-13-12 04:34 AM
    Support Exchange tasks through Active-Sync.
    10-13-12 08:36 AM
    One last thing, apart USB OTG, printer drivers, easy external HD backup or replaceable battery:
    a graphic copy & paste.
    Really.
    We want to be pros, we want getting that image there and putting it here.
    10-16-12 07:59 AM
    I wish the case was made of wood. A dark hardwood.
    10-16-12 08:37 AM
    I'd wish the edges were round like the iPad. I know it's silly, but that's what I'd like.
    10-16-12 09:24 AM
    zoom on video recording
    10-16-12 12:06 PM
97 ... 234