Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. shimojunk's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default If the April 10th PlayBook release date holds true....

    pretty much RIM can kiss their a$$es goodbye. A big FAIL releasing this thing in the first place, let alone AFTER the release of the iPad 2. After everyone who wanted a tablet, a luxury item, not a necessity for most, buys the price-reduced iPad or the snazzy iPad 2 at full price or even the more powerful XOOM, the Playbook will be selling about 102 units. All from hardcore crackberry addicts on this forum and maybe one or two company executives.

    My question I pose to you forum memebers:

    In a few years, when RIM is a former-shell of itself and has lost all of it's marketshare to everyone except for a few government agencies and high-security corporations, who do you think will be buying RIM?

    Google? HTC? Motorola?
  2. dsquared2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,033 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,034 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Notice the title of this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/if...s-true-590542/


    why would you make yours the same?
  3. barrist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,235 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shimojunk View Post
    pretty much RIM can kiss their a$$es goodbye. A big FAIL releasing this thing in the first place, let alone AFTER the release of the iPad 2. After everyone who wanted a tablet, a luxury item, not a necessity for most, buys the price-reduced iPad or the snazzy iPad 2 at full price or even the more powerful XOOM, the Playbook will be selling about 102 units. All from hardcore crackberry addicts on this forum and maybe one or two company executives.

    My question I pose to you forum memebers:

    In a few years, when RIM is a former-shell of itself and has lost all of it's marketshare to everyone except for a few government agencies and high-security corporations, who do you think will be buying RIM?

    Google? HTC? Motorola?
    except it isn't more powerful.

    noone is buying RIM because they're doing actually pretty well:
    RIM has roared back despite BlackBerry skeptics -- The Buzz - Mar. 3, 2011
  4. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Oh boy, here we go again. 'Cept this time it's just a big fail, not an epic fail. Whew, that's a relief.

    Market analysts expect RIM to sell 3.5 million PlayBooks this year. Do you know something they don't?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 03-03-11 at 06:53 PM.
  5. andyahs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    10,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,970 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 18to12fitty View Post
    Oh boy, here we go again. 'Cept this time it's just a big fail, not an epic fail. Whew, that's a relief.

    Anyway, your argument is fundamentally flawed from the get-go. If the April 10 release date holds true, the PlayBook will still be out before the iPad 2, which goes on sale April 11.

    Market analysts expect RIM to sell 3.5 million PlayBooks this year. Do you know something they don't?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    March 11th.
  6. lnichols's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,738 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 18to12fitty View Post
    Anyway, your argument is fundamentally flawed from the get-go. If the April 10 release date holds true, the PlayBook will still be out before the iPad 2, which goes on sale April 11.
    The iPad 2 will be out March 11th, not April 11th.
  7. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,898 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    It will be interesting to be in a best buy or circuit city and see which of the two sells better.

    I regret to say it but some of those could have been playbook sales.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. #8  

    Default

    i thought it was 6 million PBs this yet?
  9. Steve Rizla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    592 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shimojunk View Post
    pretty much RIM can kiss their a$$es goodbye. A big FAIL releasing this thing in the first place, let alone AFTER the release of the iPad 2. After everyone who wanted a tablet, a luxury item, not a necessity for most, buys the price-reduced iPad or the snazzy iPad 2 at full price or even the more powerful XOOM, the Playbook will be selling about 102 units. All from hardcore crackberry addicts on this forum and maybe one or two company executives.

    My question I pose to you forum memebers:

    In a few years, when RIM is a former-shell of itself and has lost all of it's marketshare to everyone except for a few government agencies and high-security corporations, who do you think will be buying RIM?

    Google? HTC? Motorola?
    So let me get this straight, be sure to explain it slow, because I get confused when it comes to nonsense...
    If RIM releases the PlayBook in March, you will love them and they will enjoy tons of success going forward, but if they release it a month later they will crumble and eventually get bought out?
  10. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    The iPad 2 will be out March 11th, not April 11th.
    Oops. Ok, come on, pile it on. I deserve this one.

    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.


    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    andyahs likes this.
  11. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,898 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    i thought it was 6 million PBs this yet?
    I imagine they didn't expect this competition and those numbers may have been revised down.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  12. bighap's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,464 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    It will be interesting to be in a best buy or circuit city and see which of the two sells better.

    I regret to say it but some of those could have been playbook sales.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Circuit City? What's that?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,898 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighap View Post
    Circuit City? What's that?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Another retailer like bestbuy and office max, selling simular products.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  14. #14  

    Default

    lmao, CC went bankrupt and is not basically online only. I havent seen a store since they came back.
  15. sleepngbear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    9,127 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,154 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    lmao, CC went bankrupt and is not basically online only. I havent seen a store since they came back.
    Yeah, they're the ones that put Lechmere out of business, and then Best Buy came around and returned the favor.

    So now that it looks like April 10 no longer holds true, can we burp and phart and make totally irreverent and irrelevant commentary on this thread now (because up until now there hasn't yet been any of that)?

  16. bighap's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,464 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighap View Post
    Circuit City? What's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    Another retailer like bestbuy and office max, selling simular products.
    I was kidding. They have been long gone. Figured anybody who followed tech would have known this.
  17. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,898 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighap View Post
    I was kidding. They have been long gone. Figured anybody who followed tech would have known this.
    They still exist and have a website, though they aren't the company they use to be. Almost entirely online I believe.

    Figured anybody up on current events would have known this.

    Circuit City back in business

    Gotta be careful about condescension. Can backfire.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 03-03-11 at 08:39 PM.
  18. bighap's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,464 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    They still exist and have a website, though they aren't the company they use to be.

    Figured anybody up on current events would have known this.
    I am well aware they have a website. The name was bought out. I recall reading about it the day they were 'reborn'.

    Relaunched Circuit City site is a triplet | The Digital Home - CNET News

Posting Permissions