Le code source d'Android 4.0 sur le Web - Actualités Techno - Android

1) is this new???
    2) does that actually means that ICS stuff will be accessible to the PB (with the AP of course?!)
    RWD likes this.
    11-16-11 11:39 AM
    I'm going to assume we wont see the Android player moving off 2.3.3 until a majority of the Apps are no longer based of 2.3.3 or will 2.3.3 Apps work fine with ICS?
    11-16-11 11:43 AM
    Blacklac, I think its backwards compatible. So if RIM based their Android app player off the new code, it could run both, presuming no other technical hurdles. The code is probably different enough though that it'd be a little while before RIM would move to it, if it plans to at all. I just want them to polish up what they got first and have it ready in Feb.
    11-16-11 01:13 PM
    Blacklac, I think its backwards compatible. So if RIM based their Android app player off the new code, it could run both, presuming no other technical hurdles. The code is probably different enough though that it'd be a little while before RIM would move to it, if it plans to at all. I just want them to polish up what they got first and have it ready in Feb.
    Yeah expect the updated player at the next devcon..... promise!

Seriously though with the limited set of functionality there is no point of updating it unless you think native play book apps will never take off
    Last edited by block911; 11-16-11 at 01:29 PM.
    11-16-11 01:27 PM
    I believe in the past that RIM has said they will support any version of Android that Google open-sources the code for. Up until now, that's been Gingerbread (2.3), since Honeycomb (3.0) was not open-sourced. Since ICS contains the Honeycomb tablet-optimized builds, it'll be interesting to see what this means for tablet-optimized Android apps.
    Mastajeet likes this.
    11-16-11 07:31 PM
    I believe in the past that RIM has said they will support any version of Android that Google open-sources the code for. Up until now, that's been Gingerbread (2.3), since Honeycomb (3.0) was not open-sourced. Since ICS contains the Honeycomb tablet-optimized builds, it'll be interesting to see what this means for tablet-optimized Android apps.
    that's exactly what i was thinking
    11-16-11 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD