The word is slowly getting out that the PB is a superior device despite not having a "home button".
    If you're right, sales will pick up. If you're not, they won't. So far, there is no indication that sales are progressing any more rapidly now than they did at launch.
    06-25-11 01:32 PM
    Of course, you have no real information upon which to base your assertion as per usual.

Anyone else bored with 101's pseudo-trolling?
    bquinney likes this.
    06-25-11 01:44 PM
    the ipad sure has its pros like buttery smoothness,slick and fast browser lots of apps,but is has some major cons like a no-flash crippled browser,very old fashioned working os,need of intunes,every video has to converted and so on
    but it has the biggest advantage important for mainstream consumers,it is apple,they can sell you sh** for gold.
    And dont forget the "all new and never been there exclusive" features of iOS 5
    06-25-11 01:49 PM
    The fake website took all the wow factor out of this thread. It's unfortunate, because I was feeling that desperate need to be wowed. It would make me pWOWd to be a Playbook user (and abuser).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 01:53 PM
    Of course, you have no real information upon which to base your assertion as per usual.

Anyone else bored with 101's pseudo-trolling?
    Feel free to provide support for your claim that "word is slowly getting out that the PB is a superior device despite not having a "home button"." As for my support, see below:

RIM cuts PlayBook sales forecast, report says �€� The Register

"BlackBerry maker RIM is reported [1] to have slashed its sales forecast for the PlayBook by well over one million units a week after it launched in the UK.

The tablet, RIM's pitch against the dominance of Apple's shiny slate, arrived in the US consumer channels during Q1 with around 500,000 shipped, below expectations, and reports claim Q2 targets have been slashed from 2.4 million to 800,000 to 900,000, according to Digitimes.

The publication reckons [2] "market watchers" tell it sales will get a boost when the newer versions are released later in the year.

RIM confirmed in a Q1 [3] conference call with analysts last week that 4G models for WiMAX, LTE and HSPA+ are due in the autumn, with co-chief executive Jim Balsillie citing "capability gaps" in the products when they were released in the US.

In the UK, RIM signed 60-day exclusive deals for PlayBook from 16 June with telco retailers Carphone Warehouse and Phone4U, retailers PC World and Best Buy and, for the business market, Insight rights to the product ahead of rivals.

Paul Bolt, marketing director at Insight, said it will pursue the BlackBerry installed base "to deploy a tablet that will not pull IT controls and policies out of shape".

"The tablet market still equals iPad because there is not another vendor that can compete, but there is plenty of room for other devices," he reckoned.

Given the recent profit warning from RIM, amid plans to slash its workforce and delay product launches, market acceptance of the PlayBook is vital to its future health. �

]
    Last edited by Economist101; 06-25-11 at 01:59 PM.
    danimalchil likes this.
    06-25-11 01:56 PM
    Wow I guess everyone can't be numeral uno now can they. I guess it would be great to be number 1 but I think number 2 or even number 3 would be great also. I hope we don't come to a day when only number 1 is available, now that would totally suck.
    06-25-11 02:02 PM
    And he did say word was "slowly" getting out.

06-25-11 02:04 PM
    As I said, word is slowly getting out and even inmates of the igoulag are hearing about it.
    06-25-11 02:35 PM
    Even Apple trolls care enough about the PlayBook to come troll this forum. Word is indeed out!
    06-25-11 02:43 PM
    Is anyone beating on the Xoom or the Galaxy? Or is it just Playbook season right now? What's so scary about the Playbook?? Certainly not the sales figures (unless you have RIMM shares).

06-25-11 02:44 PM
    disclaimer: not all trolls are apple users and not all apple users/fanboys are trolls
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-25-11 02:46 PM
    As I said, word is slowly getting out and even inmates of the igoulag are hearing about it.
    The names you come up with are so clever. I hope the PlayBook does well; RIM has some clever ideas.
    06-25-11 02:47 PM
    Even Apple trolls care enough about the PlayBook to come troll this forum. Word is indeed out!
    What's interesting is that if you go to an Apple forum and mention iPad sales, the reception is warm. If you go to a RIM forum and mention PlayBook sales, you're trolling. The conclusion: RIM users are really sensitive about PlayBook sales because the numbers are poor, while Apple users don't mind hearing about iPad sales because the iPad, you know, is selling.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-25-11 02:56 PM
    "igoulag"...good one! I don't hate Apple; might get the new MacBook Air, thus displaying my allegiance not to a corp, but to whatever device works for me.

My BB makes me more productive and efficient (my priorities, maybe not yours) which is why I use it.

+1 for freedom, choice, competition and capitalism.
    06-25-11 03:00 PM
    What's interesting is that if you go to an Apple forum and mention iPad sales, the reception is warm. If you go to a RIM forum and mention PlayBook sales, you're trolling. The conclusion: RIM users are really sensitive about PlayBook sales because the numbers are poor, while Apple users don't mind hearing about iPad sales because the iPad, you know, is selling.
    The numbers are pretty decent for a completely nascent device considering all the early negative reviews where the reviewers complained about no home button or the power button.

101, your quasi trolling is rather banal ifan fare.
    06-25-11 03:31 PM
    Kind of hard to get fans upset about the best selling tab from other apple users. It's no surprise it sells better, it's established (been around a lot longer), has a large fan base, has tons of good plus useless apps. BTW what are you saying on the apple forum about ipad sales? And are you android fan posting there or blackberry fan (I doubt) or an apple fan?

Fans of other devices come to a blackberry site and post all kinds of crap what do they expect? Yes some users here can't even take some criticism from other bb fans but that applies to all fans.
    06-25-11 03:31 PM
    Your conclusion is wrong and your reasoning flawed, but that is to be expected. Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.

I have no actual interest in hearing sales figures. Good if it sells well, too bad if it doesn't. I have a PlayBook and I love it. It would be great if other people can experience this, but that is up to them to decide.

Moreover, sales figures are 'off topic' in this thread, which is about the PB experience of non-BB users.

So there, two reasons why a discussion about sales figures (positive or negative) is considered trolling.

Anything else I need to explain? Ask away.
    06-25-11 03:56 PM
    I'm surprised you got an Apple user to admit that they were impressed. Most of them defend Apple up and down, and praise Steve Jobs.
    06-25-11 05:04 PM
    The names you come up with are so clever. I hope the PlayBook does well; RIM has some clever ideas.
    Accurate is more like it.

I don't know if you read the post wherein used the metaphor of that old show "The Prisoner" to describe the igoulag. Sink a couple hundred bucks into the igoulag and you're effectively trapped. No thanks. I prefer freedom to indentured serfdom.
    Angelo_Campher likes this.
    06-25-11 05:13 PM
    It's too bad that this thread was started as a way to get you to go to a site filled with ads to generate revenue for the guy who started this thread. What a load of BS.
    06-25-11 05:17 PM
    For all the haters, you may remember years ago that the iPhone was originally nowhere near BlackBerry's sales.

This is the same situation but with the tides turned. Apple has a head start. Let's see if they can keep it in a few years.
    06-25-11 05:23 PM
    It's too bad that this thread was started as a way to get you to go to a site filled with ads to generate revenue for the guy who started this thread. What a load of BS.
    Not true at all. Im pretty sure people have seen flash sites on their PBs before. And seeing how this isn't exactly the hip hop demographic, i don't see how that would matter. But in anyt event, I sell food, I'm not a a hip hop website owner, promoter or anything else. If the website was 1-800flowers I wouldve writtewn that.
    06-25-11 05:53 PM
    my boy came over the other night. big time apple guy. showed him the PB. sh*t himself.
    I hope you found an app to clean up that mess
    06-25-11 10:10 PM
    I own a restaurant in Manhattan and a friend of mine stopped by to eat. He noticed my PB and said whats that?
    This, boys and girls, is the moral of the story.

Very few people even know what the PB is thanks to RIM's epic marketing. And I can guarantee you..millions of people won't be flocking to this just because it will "one day" implement native email. Tech sites don't do second reviews..so alas..they're negative ones will always be at the forefront of a simple Google search.
    06-26-11 09:38 AM
    This, boys and girls, is the moral of the story.

Very few people even know what the PB is thanks to RIM's epic marketing. And I can guarantee you..millions of people won't be flocking to this just because it will "one day" implement native email. Tech sites don't do second reviews..so alas..they're negative ones will always be at the forefront of a simple Google search.
    I fear you may be right but we can hope word-of-mouth from the 375 of us who purchased it might sway public opinion.
    06-26-11 10:44 AM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD