Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I wowed an Ipad user

I own a restaurant in Manhattan and a friend of mine stopped by to eat. He noticed my PB and said whats that? I said it's BB's playbook, their tablet.

He has a music website which is flash intensive so he wanted to show me it. I load it up, www.blowhiphop.com and he's like wow. I have an Ipad I can't do that. So I open a few other apps and then like drag them back and forth while the flash portion of his website continues to cycle through images and the games continue to play and the camera continues to shoot.

He was blown away. I was honest with him. Ipad has way more apps, and there is no native email in the PB yet, but if having a desktop surfinig experience is important to you, this is the device to get.

He was really amazed. It was exciting. Just thought I'd share. We are a few critical native apps away from being really in the game.
    Thanked by:
    PatrickMJS (06-25-2011) 

PB is already in the game. It is more like a desktop in tablet form than an ipad and that puts the PB right in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shootsscores View Post
    PB is already in the game. It is more like a desktop in tablet form than an ipad and that puts the PB right in the game.
    I think the original poster was talking about sales, not capability. The PlayBook is plenty capable, but 80K units a week is well below where RIM would like to be.

The game I inferred was capability.

But as per your number:

80000*52*$500=$2,000,000,000=in the game

The game I inferred was capability.

But as per your number:

80000*52*$500=$2,000,000,000=in the game
    Oh you meant the JV game, where Motorola, Acer, Asus, Samsung and Toshiba play. Got it.

Capability wise and potential wise, the PB is major league material. Raw rookie right now and career ending injuries to happen and snuff out superior talents. QNX OS just oozes potential.
    CrackBerry User

"Oh you meant the JV game, where Motorola, Acer, Asus, Samsung and Toshiba play. Got it."

Oh please, just because something sells well does not make it great. MacDonalds sells millions each day, and its still crap.

Who cares how much it sells, if it works for you. The poster was just relaying a story, go spew your negativity somewhere else, like an Apple page somewhere.
    Thanked by:
    sk8er_tor (06-26-2011) 

Quote Originally Posted by marinerman View Post
    Who cares how much it sells, if it works for you.
    Well if you must know, I'm sure I'm RIM, its employees, analysts and shareholders all care how much the PlayBook sells.

Quote Originally Posted by marinerman View Post
    The poster was just relaying a story, go spew your negativity somewhere else, like an Apple page somewhere.
    I guess "somewhere" was the word of the day. At any rate, I didn't realize that being honest about the PlayBook's sales thus far was "negativity." That can't be a good sign.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    PIN
    76A74FF2

I happen to like McDonalds
    CrackBerry Newbie

yup flash ftw ... it was my main dissapointement with the ipad ... + alot of other stuff lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Great, The Wow-Effect of the PlayBook in real life!
    BlackBerry Torch - PlayBook 16GB + 64GB - BB Engineer - BES Admin

My Twitter | My Website
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

was talking to one of the guys at work yesterday about the pb and ipad comparison, he has an ipad and is quite a fan of them (to be fair i dont hate them myself, they have their uses and its all about personal preference)

we were jokingly playing trumps with apps and features, i broke out vnc and started moving some files to the pb over our work wifi which he was quite impressed with, but the ipad has plenty of vnc apps. I must admit i forgot about the pb's showpiece completely until he was playing around on the internet and came out with a classic "ooo it moves!". Suffice to say i quickly handed him back his ipad, took my pb and left the room before he tried to nick it
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

i wowed the guys at my at&t store. they love the bridge browser, multitasking, and video quality. i could hardly get it back from the one sales guy i showed it to, the main reason i went in there was to change phones :P. but they sat and played with it for a good 10mins, what the one really liked is being able to open 5+ apps and a movie and it would still play. mind you that i was i think 1.0.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Banned

Am i the only one who noticed that the website link... does not have a website?
    Thanked by 3:
    howarmat (06-25-2011),  Technerd.McLeod (06-26-2011),  The Gift (06-26-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

probably not. right now im not clicking on random links because im on bridge browser on a lowsey EDGE network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I always wow iPhone and iPad users but wouldn't take responsibility and recommend it for them. I always feel something huge is missing and those users will miss a lot when they buy it. I always tell them that Playbook is so powerful and has the potential to lead but it just needs time.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,070 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by khalmarri View Post
    I always wow iPhone and iPad users but wouldn't take responsibility and recommend it for them. I always feel something huge is missing and those users will miss a lot when they buy it. I always tell them that Playbook is so powerful and has the potential to lead but it just needs time.
    Agreed. I find myself showing off the "good features" such as multitasking and browsing flash sites. Beyond that, there is not much to show, except for the camera and high-res video.

The PlayBook has all the right hardware and the *core* OS to take on and beat any tablet out there. Time will tell if RIM will get the rest together.

I started off really optimistic... but it has been over 2 months and my PlayBook is as functional now as it was on launch day. All of these OS updates are trivial to the end-user experience.

Here's hoping for more!
    BlackBerry Passport (10.3.0.1418), Microsoft Surface 2 (Windows 8.1 RT)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

I wowed an iPad user too.

I put my thumb between my fingers, touched his face, pulled back and exclaimed "Got your nose!"

He was totally wowed!
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

good one
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108

I find it hard to believe that a guy owns a music site he developed in flash knowing it won't work on iOS. Little shortsighted to be honest, stupid even seeing as iOS is geared to consuming content. Oh well, no accounting for common sense.

Edit. Clicked the link and the site appears to just be a place holder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Twitter: xandermac
    CrackBerry Abuser

my boy came over the other night. big time apple guy. showed him the PB. sh*t himself.

Quote Originally Posted by danimalchil View Post
    my boy came over the other night. big time apple guy. showed him the PB. sh*t himself.
    If RIM can turn "sh*t himself" into revenue they should definitely patent it.

The word is slowly getting out that the PB is a superior device despite not having a "home button".
  24. DX9
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

The word is slowly getting out that the PB is a superior device despite not having a "home button".
    How is it superior?

Ui, hardware, browser, bridge, OS, etc.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast