I wouldn't trade my BlackBerry devices for anything.-img-20120922-00049.jpg

Hi,
    That's Michael. We live in Southern California and he'll be turning 4 years old here in exactly four days. Some people think I'm crazy to leave my tablet in the hands of a kid, but what they don't realize is that they're cutting the kids off from the amazing technology that is available. Just watching him play with this thing and learn how to use it for himself is truley a blessing. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten my PlayBook back with loads of random pictures and videos from both the front and rear facing cameras. I for one appreciate the versatility of a platform that has everything I need to get things done but it still easy enough for a toddler to figure out. Seriously, I mess with him too. We'll be driving down the road and I'll take control of the PlayBook with the bridge app and bring up random pictures and web pages in the middle of his games causing him to swipe back into where he was or close out the extra windows, although I don't win that one too much anymore since he figured out how to turn off blue tooth. I've probably got over thirty games for him to go in and play whenever he wants. Some of which are educational, but let's face it....slinging birds across a screen or feeding candy to a little green guy is gonna beat out guessing how many apples and pears are on the screen any day of the week. We had Running Fred, but his mom kinda vetoed that and I had to delete it. Something about cartoon blood spaltter and limbs flying off, oops. ;-)

I just really feel that BlackBerry has gotten a bad rap lately. I know I'm not mentioning anything new by saying that, but that's because at the end of the day I'm still amazed by the perception of people out there. Maybe it's because Apple and Google had such a "in your face" approach to advertising that people just forgot about BlackBerry and what they could do. I don't see how that's possible though because I've been a BlackBerry fan since the 9900 came out and I'll be the first one to say that they can do everything. I'm waiting for BlackBerry 10 just like a lot of us are. In the meantime I'm just fine getting by with my 9810 and the PlayBook. It's not like there isn't plenty more for me and the kid to do and learn about when it comes to these things. When I see Michael take an interest in a device, not just the games....but the device....I get excited. Not to say that other kids don't do a lot with other devices, but I feel a sense of pride handing him something that has a BlackBerry logo on it. Guess we'll see what happens in the next year, but I think all the haters out there are in for a rude awakening.
    10-11-12 03:24 PM
    Which battery ran out first, the Playbooks?, Or Him???

C
    anon(3641385) and kbz1960 like this.
    10-11-12 03:39 PM
    Very nice post. Thank you for sharing that with us.
    I gave my son a Playbook too. Because I knew he would appreciate its capabilities and value.
    My son turned 4 years old about 19 years ago
    anon(3641385) and Lhendr like this.
    10-11-12 04:06 PM
    I hear you, my grandson just turn 5 last week, and uses my 16g which I've set up with games and books from app world. He loves it and it has taught him so much,and watching him with it is amazing.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    10-11-12 04:07 PM
    Nice post. I let my 5-yr-old grandson play with mine as well...under close supervision and in a protective case. Love my pb and watching him "Burn the City" (yeah, the fire breathing dragon...shame on me ) is priceless. He's learning problem solving and it's incredible the things he figures out. Good for you - and I too hope BB10 is all we're praying it will be.
    10-11-12 04:11 PM
    Reading highlight of the day for me.

Thanks!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-11-12 04:27 PM
    Great post! I let my 8 year old son play with mine. He loves it and learned how to use it quicker than I did! I love my Playbook, wouldn't trade it in for the world!
    10-11-12 04:44 PM
    Great read, and I love the picture. I concur 100%. You couldn't get me to trade my 9850 nor my PlayBook for any other devices on the planet. There is nothing that I need or want to do that can't be done with one or the other. I use my playbook/9850 combo for work, school, and of course play. My kids use my playbook as much as time allows, not an easy task seeing how it's usually attached to my hands.
    10-11-12 05:34 PM
    My nephew does the following: chooses one game, plays for a while, then starts losing; opens a second game making the first one pause. He repeats this until 5 games are open more or less. Then he swipes in an out of games as he pleases. The PlayBook is a beast.
    10-11-12 06:27 PM
    That is Priceless!
    10-11-12 07:05 PM
    Haha that's awesome eh. I tired with my little cuz but why are all apple or android........
    10-11-12 08:54 PM