If the android app player and Blackberry app player are really just VMs running the Os on QNX, then surely it can be replicated with ios...that will be interesting. (On another note, my 64Gb Playbook arrives Nigeria 2moro....I'm maaaaaad excited )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 02:59 AM
    I would doubt that is happening. The android app player is basically running the android os so it can run android apps. This is possible because android is an open source os. Apple is not going to open source their OS code.
    05-13-11 03:13 AM
    lol...oh no, not itunes on my pb!
    05-13-11 03:26 AM
    Maybe I used the wrong term..."emulator"...is prolly a more appropriate term to describe what I meant...u don't necessarily have to have the whole ios running to play the apps...right?

05-13-11 04:17 AM
    Maybe I used the wrong term..."emulator"...is prolly a more appropriate term to describe what I meant...u don't necessarily have to have the whole ios running to play the apps...right?

That is what is happening with the android player if you listen to Kevin's podcasts they explain how this is working. If you wanted to run an app from the iphone or ipad you would have to contact the app developer and plead with them to rewrite their code to make it compatible to QNX or android 2.3 (because Honeycomb is not open source at the this time.)

Sorry that is not the answer you might be looking for but that is how it is.
    05-13-11 04:37 AM
    Sadly I don't see that happening, unless RIM allows a Jailbreaked version of the iOS running (meaning also free jailbraked apps). Maybe if some day they let us load our Playbooks with apps not only from App World, someone will release something to do this kind of "emulation" without getting RIM in trouble :P
    05-15-11 11:41 AM
    It will never happen. I doubt it can be done without incorporating at least some of Apple's IP and in that case Apple would send a cease and desist faster than the Test House can approve it.

Maybe some of you with a hardcore gamer background remember the times when there were PlayStation emulators that ran on Macs and even on the Sega Dreamcast console. Sony was NOT amused.
    05-15-11 11:49 AM
    Apparently, there's actually a project to develop an iPhone emulator called iemu at Main Page - iEmu. Maybe someone could port it over with the Native SDK when it's done.
    07-22-11 06:50 PM
    lol...oh no, not itunes on my pb!
    Lol, god please no. iTunes is a disaster
    07-23-11 02:00 PM
    "I wonder how long till someone codes an ios virtual machine on the playbook!"
    Never, I hope!
    07-23-11 08:14 PM
    I wonder how long till someone codes an ios virtual machine on the playbook!
    Now that would be true justice!
    07-23-11 08:19 PM
    no way for this.
    apple is not like android, apple will never make itself as an open source one as they are the leader of the market so just dun need to make dreams like this
    07-24-11 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD