The tech sites hate it b/c it's not a copy of an iPad or an Android tablet, which means they a) can't compare on specs alone and b) might have to use it/ think about it before reviewing.

It's a little different UI, different multitasking model, has bridge vs. native, 7" not 10", etc. Every tech site out there was bashing the iPad when it was introduced as well. Before they used it, of course. The PB is just a way of Thinking Different.

I'm tellin' ya too. I always had an iPad and liked it, but iCan't put this PB down at the moment. This thing rocks.
    Nope. They hate it because it doesn't much content and lacks native email and calendar. Nothing to do with hardware or software differences, for the average user it doesn't bring anything different and new than using an iPad (Bridge is only for BB users, not the average user). iPad was first to market, so any competitive tablet needs to bring something new to the table, e.g. Amazon Fire. Otherwise you're a me-too, or worse. I don't buy the excuse that the liberal media did not fairly review the PB, that's bull.
    You're both right - they are two different devices with two different types of users. The only thing they have in common is they are both flat and have a touchscreen, really. Not comparable at all. Like comparing apples to blackberrys.

Consumer reports actually got it somewhat right by not comparing them at all - they were put in two different categories - 10 inch tabs and 7 inch tabs.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-26-11 at 07:13 PM.
    Serkle K likes this.
    11-26-11 07:10 PM
    You're both right - they are two different devices with two different types of users. The only thing they have in common is they are both flat and have a touchscreen, really. Not comparable at all. Like comparing apples to blackberrys.

Consumer reports actually got it somewhat right by not comparing them at all - they were put in two different categories - 10 inch tabs and 7 inch tabs.

Yes, but js8229 seems to be more correct. Look at this:

Best 7-inch tablets - CNET Reviews

This is ridiculous. They seem to be singling out the Playbook because it's the only powerful tablet and the only decent choice among 7-inchers. Who would want more competition? It's easier to pay CNet I guess.
    11-26-11 08:22 PM
    Yes, but js8229 seems to be more correct. Look at this:

Best 7-inch tablets - CNET Reviews

This is ridiculous. They seem to be singling out the Playbook because it's the only powerful tablet and the only decent choice among 7-inchers. Who would want more competition? It's easier to pay CNet I guess.
    Yes I've seen that "senior editor" that looks like he just graduated 7th grade lol
    One of the 7 inch tabs is conspicuously missing?

Playbook is feared in the industry - big time. Let's not let people know the truth.
    HighlandBerry likes this.
    11-26-11 08:28 PM
    Playbook is feared in the industry - big time. Let's not let people know the truth.
    It is feared. . . by RIM's auditors. I sense a "one-time charge for PlayBook discounting" announcement coming during the next earnings call.
    11-26-11 08:32 PM
    I believe one is only able to use the "thanks" button a limited number of times in a 24-hr period. http://forums.crackberry.com/site-qu...n-gone-602365/
    Blackjack: you must have been thanking like crazy. Nice work.
    11-26-11 09:28 PM
    Blackjack: you must have been thanking like crazy. Nice work.
    I'm a grateful guy

below: True Multitasking

When was the last time anyone saw a plate spinner? Ed Sullivan show?
    11-26-11 09:54 PM
    The tech sites hate it b/c it's not a copy of an iPad or an Android tablet, which means they a) can't compare on specs alone and b) might have to use it/ think about it before reviewing.

It's a little different UI, different multitasking model, has bridge vs. native, 7" not 10", etc. Every tech site out there was bashing the iPad when it was introduced as well. Before they used it, of course. The PB is just a way of Thinking Different.

I'm tellin' ya too. I always had an iPad and liked it, but iCan't put this PB down at the moment. This thing rocks.
    Yet it was tagged a copycat.
    11-26-11 10:12 PM
    Yup, by default it seems to be disabled, but just enable "Showcase" mode and your good to go..

The drawback is that It does use up more battery life, just something to keep in mind..
    11-26-11 10:14 PM
    Nope. They hate it because it doesn't much content and lacks native email and calendar. Nothing to do with hardware or software differences, for the average user it doesn't bring anything different and new than using an iPad (Bridge is only for BB users, not the average user). iPad was first to market, so any competitive tablet needs to bring something new to the table, e.g. Amazon Fire. Otherwise you're a me-too, or worse. I don't buy the excuse that the liberal media did not fairly review the PB, that's bull.
    No bull here:

RIM
    11-26-11 10:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD