Without a keyboard having TAB, DEL, and arrow keys its like working in unix. Not like working in the business world.
    10-20-11 08:57 PM
    Without a keyboard having TAB, DEL, and arrow keys its like working in unix. Not like working in the business world.
    Really? I'm just throwing that out there.
    10-20-11 09:01 PM
    At least a UNIX terminal has a control key so you can access the cursor movements
    10-20-11 09:01 PM
    I don't mind any of the 3 different types of keyboard that the PB uses.

I'm a touch typist and can't complain.

Yes - I would prefer a dedicated 'Del' key ..... but can live without it.

In the overall scheme of things the things you've mentioned are not deal breakers, just niceties.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 10-20-11 at 10:25 PM.
    10-20-11 09:07 PM
    This man is joking why you want cursors if touchscreen or tab? xDD
    10-20-11 09:10 PM
    Maybe its more your business that is not suitable for tablet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    10-20-11 09:11 PM
    err, you can achieve more on a unix shell with same keyboard than you can on windows, so not sure how appropriate unix reference is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AlonB. likes this.
    10-20-11 09:23 PM
    I've never used del, except to launch my task manager, but I agree, a tab key would be handy. I suppose the question though, is how small do you want the keys to be, because the more they have to cram in there, the harder it will be to hit a particular key.
    10-20-11 09:56 PM
    I would like all those buttons. I'm not kidding and I initially thought the OP was serious too. I cannot tell if the OP is being serious. But scrolling to the middle of a word or moving the cursor over 1-2 spaces is painstaking. It indeed would be much easier with buttons for that function.

We don't need a home key or a end key, however. But for those of you who don't use these buttons, you probably aren't that fast of a typist or you do not care about speed. I use home and end key for document editing often as its quicker than grabbing the mouse. Usually when document editing.
    10-20-11 10:03 PM
    Seeing Swype on PB would be cool on another note.
    10-20-11 10:06 PM
    This man is joking why you want cursors if touchscreen or tab? xDD
    I must have terrible aim. Touchscreen does not allow me to easily place the cursor where I want to edit any typos. Lands two characters to the right, then one to the left, then the line above or below. Then back two characters to the right.

I have suggested a dedicated cursor control pad with a swipe up from the bottom right. Left/right/up/down/home/end/pageup/pagedown. Throw in a TAB and DEL - see if I care.
    10-20-11 10:24 PM
    That's why you can connect just about any bluetooth keyboard.
    And mouse if that fancies your thoughts.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-20-11 10:26 PM
    Yeah... lets all type on the touchscreen and when we need to do something simple like tab or arrow... use the bt keyboard!...

Sarcasm aside, that is really dumb.
    I gave the poster a 'Like' because he reminded us that via bluetooth we can use a full keyboard and mouse if desired or required because of the nature of the work that we're doing.
    10-20-11 10:32 PM
    RE: I thought PB was the Business Tablet

Actually, it is supposedly the world's first professional-grade tablet....

Anyway, I thought that too...
    10-20-11 10:49 PM
    When I saw the title, i thought that there was going to be a serious comment
    That being said, the way that RIM is pushing games for the Playbook really takes away from it being a "business" tablet.
    My argument for BB and the Playbook has always been that they are working on products that are made for different customers than Apple products. But with this new emphasis on games, my argument now has a huge gapping hole. I know that RIM wants to go after the consumer market, but they should also properly service their actual customer base that has been with them since the beginning. Some decent business apps would be good - such as a good stock app that covers Canadian markets.
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    10-20-11 10:53 PM
    I gave the poster a 'Like' because he reminded us that via bluetooth we can use a full keyboard and mouse if desired or required because of the nature of the work that we're doing.
    I have a PC too...
    10-20-11 11:09 PM
    That's why you can connect just about any bluetooth keyboard.
    And mouse if that fancies your thoughts.
    Yup, I purchased a tablet smaller than a netbook or ipad so I can carry around a keyboard and a mouse and now deal with more weight, more objects and more batteries. Why not just provide a better/easier way to move the cursor around the screen?
    JeepBB, easydoesit99 and cmdr_dan like this.
    10-21-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD