Has anybody tried it? If so, please list the changes.

Thanks.
    11-24-11 09:42 AM
    Installing it now. Have no idea what has changed.
    11-24-11 09:44 AM
    Wow! Didn't expect that today! Downloading....
    11-24-11 09:52 AM
    From the Blackberry Bogg:

A new version of the BlackBerry� PlayBook OS is now available to all BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet users � BlackBerry PlayBook OS v1.0.8.4985. This free update can be downloaded over-the-air from your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

The BlackBerry PlayBook OS v1.0.8.4985 contains the following fixes and updates:

Updated version of Adobe� Flash� Player version 11.1 and Adobe AIR� 3.1
    Daylight savings time updates for time zones in the regions of Latin America, Australia and Central America
    Updated Bluetooth� and Wi-Fi� software to help to improve connectivity
    Fixed issues some users were experiencing with account payments in the BlackBerry App World� storefront
    Improved synching when restoring applications with BlackBerry Desktop Software

This update also includes a security update for Adobe Flash Player, as noted in Adobe Security Bulletin APSB-11-28, which addresses issues that can potentially affect any PC, tablet, or other device with an operating system that supports Adobe Flash. While there are no known reports of any BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users being affected by these Adobe Flash Player issues, we (as always) encourage all BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users to update to the newest version of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS.
    11-24-11 09:53 AM
    I guess this is mainly the Flash 11.1 update we all expected to come!
    11-24-11 09:54 AM
    Wow ... I had actually checked earlier this morning, which has become habit. I probably wouldn't have checked again for a few days, so thanks for this info.
    11-24-11 10:01 AM
    Time to update my playbook
    11-24-11 10:04 AM
    Sheessshhhhh, I go through a ton of angst yesterday evening just to get my new PB up and running, surrounded by unusual peoples at Starbucks, and you'd think that BB would have a heart and downloaded this new OS. Oy vay, I feel me going mashugana.
    11-24-11 10:08 AM
    Must be slow here because the Holiday. This thread should be 2-3 pages by now. Congrats for those that arent on the DEVELOPERS beta.
    11-24-11 10:09 AM
    Wow! They kept a promise. Oh, right, Leapfrog Jim is out of the country. Good work Mike, Scott, everybody else.

Thanks for not forgetting about us.
    11-24-11 10:09 AM
    Sheessshhhhh, I go through a ton of angst yesterday evening just to get my new PB up and running, surrounded by unusual peoples at Starbucks, and you'd think that BB would have a heart and downloaded this new OS. Oy vay, I feel me going mashugana.
    Well, this is probably the last update until February if that makes you feel any better.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    11-24-11 10:10 AM
    FYI - Still no go regarding Stereo BT Headphones.
    11-24-11 10:10 AM
    BTW, can I get this update using my PC and the BB desktop????
    Infiniti14 likes this.
    11-24-11 10:14 AM
    just wondering any differences one can find with this new update, I dont see any, guessing its all working in the background, would have loved to see some upgrades that were visible upfront.....but its still good, we are inching toward he OS2.0 slowly.
    11-24-11 10:14 AM
    I am downloading it now. 93Mb
    rcab likes this.
    11-24-11 10:16 AM
    Running the update right now. 95 megs.

Checked some bridge operations. Seems quicker.
    11-24-11 10:29 AM
    Must be slow here because the Holiday. This thread should be 2-3 pages by now. Congrats for those that arent on the DEVELOPERS beta.
    It 3 pages in the tablet OS forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 10:32 AM
    Downloaded and installing, but installation is hung on "installing NFB" for the last 20 min. Could it just be the servers are overloaded? I wouldn't have thought so since the download step was completed.

Not sure what to do now. Would I be crazy to reboot and try over? It says not to interrupt the process or the PB could become unuseable.
    11-24-11 10:33 AM
    the update has hit up here in the great white north
    11-24-11 10:39 AM
    Running the update right now. 95 megs.

Checked some bridge operations. Seems quicker.
    The bridge browser does seem a lot faster.... thats good. Any other changes thats obvious.
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    11-24-11 10:45 AM
    Done, 91 MB
    11-24-11 10:54 AM
    The bridge browser does seem a lot faster.... thats good. Any other changes thats obvious.
    Agreed. Seems much quicker. still hangs near the 80% mark.
    11-24-11 10:54 AM
    Agreed. Seems much quicker. still hangs near the 80% mark.
    yaa u bet, but its a lot of relief from using the snail slow one prior to this update..... well something to be happy about
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    11-24-11 11:05 AM
    FYI - Still no go regarding Stereo BT Headphones.
    When or if they add this feature, I will be one happy camper =D
    11-24-11 11:11 AM
    My web browser seems alot quicker and smoother, once the page has loaded I now don't get any checker boarding when scrolling and the pages load alot quicker for me now too. Can't wait for the full 2.0 update
    11-24-11 11:12 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD