I don't know what the big deal is, it's a perfectly functioning device and it works really well for what I do on it (browsing/email/print to go/docs/calendar).

I'm not sure why people are not finding the playbook use full.

I keep it in the bag and use it all the time

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 04:08 PM
    Good for you and I hope it continues to serve you well. I will use mine as well just wanted RIM to stand by me like I have them
    07-14-13 04:13 PM
    Yup same here, and I did find myself slimming down the number of apps but uploading more media.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-14-13 04:15 PM
    I use mine now primarily for watching movies and surfing the net. My Z10 does everything else.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    07-14-13 04:26 PM
    So do I. Nothing wrong with it. In fact, the calendar and contacts on the z10 are just like those on the pb and bb10 looks a lot like the OS on the pb so what is the deal anyway??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 04:46 PM
    I use mine still periodically too

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-14-13 04:47 PM
    I don't know what the big deal is, it's a perfectly functioning device and it works really well for what I do on it (browsing/email/print to go/docs/calendar).

Posted via CB10
    People were hoping for access to the new bb10 apps as well as a more robust browser (bookmark organization, search/find on webpage) and possibly usb-to-go and some other stuff. It clearly did not stop performing as it had performed two weeks ago, but there's disappointment that will not improve and the CEO went back on his promise.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-14-13 05:03 PM
    I was using daily for past 1 year and half until it died 4 days back and i'm totally devastated. i have ipad mini as a present but nothing like a playbook experience...
    07-14-13 08:40 PM
    People were hoping for access to the new bb10 apps as well as a more robust browser (bookmark organization, search/find on webpage) and possibly usb-to-go and some other stuff. It clearly did not stop performing as it had performed two weeks ago, but there's disappointment that will not improve and the CEO went back on his promise.
    Agree with you regarding ceo promise...how can a huge company promise and mislead consumers??
    07-14-13 08:43 PM
    Yep. Mine still works as well as the 1st day.
    muzeek likes this.
    07-14-13 08:56 PM
    Use mine everyday and love it
    07-14-13 09:10 PM
    I'm really torn here. I've been thinking of getting another 7-8 inch tab. But I've also been considering just getting another PlayBook. The 64 GB one to replace my 32 & my 16. Still undecided. I really like the PlayBook and don't think I'll be satisfied with another tablet in that range.
    muzeek likes this.
    07-14-13 11:36 PM
    I am still using my 64GB PlayBook and enjoying it very much.
    When I bought it I never heard of BB10 so I never expected it.
    My Playbook does what I want and does it very well.
    muzeek and PatrickMJS like this.
    07-15-13 07:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    If that's all you do, then you should have bought a $100 tablet not a $500 playbook.

Posted from my ??????
    07-15-13 07:26 PM
    I am still using my 64GB PlayBook and enjoying it very much.
    When I bought it I never heard of BB10 so I never expected it.
    My Playbook does what I want and does it very well.
    Yep. But the developers have abandoned the BlackBerry PlayBook leaving us without at least their support. Most of my applications on the tablet are paid and worth the price.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    muzeek likes this.
    07-15-13 07:38 PM
    I set my playbook up as an e-book reader and gaming device for my mother. She loves it.
    07-15-13 07:38 PM
    Set it down for a few weeks after I acquired my Z10 but now l use it daily again and right now.
    07-16-13 05:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dude you can't be serious the browser is so slow and checkerboards all the time and zero app development make it less than perfect.
    07-16-13 05:27 AM
    Dude you can't be serious the browser is so slow and checkerboards all the time and zero app development make it less than perfect.
    Obviously you never use mobile phones in 2006/7 when loading Google took a minute. Back then it was innovation now it's a hassle.. get over it 5 second load won't kill you. I'm just saying for the money you pay you get decent hardware that has many uses.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    07-16-13 06:53 PM
    Hi all

I have three playbooks, two for me and one for my wife. I use the 16 G version everyday and have it tethered to my Q10 when I need remote access and a larger screen. The last update gave me all the functionality I'll ever need and I intend to keep them until they break or get lost!

I have a 4 year old MacBook Pro and a 10 year old HP desktop Why because they work and still meet my needs.

Was I disappointed in BBRY's playbook BB10 announcement... sure but I knew the PB was a transitional device to get from BB7 to BB10 to keep BBRY alive until BB10 got traction.

I have full confidence that BBRY will thrive and be there for us on our phone, in our car and in our house with QNX. We NEED a choice besides itoy and Gobbler!! BlackBerry IS that third way.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:30 PM
    if you were deaf, you may be satisified with the joy of reading books, but you would never know the great of music.
    there's a lot of things or apps playbook can't do while other tablets can.
    I'm using it daily too, but I still want more, functions a tablets should have, for example GPS, IM and a decent user friendly browser.
    Speedygi and FF22 like this.
    07-16-13 11:42 PM
    My playbook has been on my nightstand for over a year. I watch documentaries every night, or listen to comedy radio. I use it to do ALL of my banking, credit cards, utilities, Craigslist, on line fliers etc... (it's a long list) .
    I would buy another one in a heartbeat... hope this one lasts another 2 years!!

From Zed to U via CB10
    muzeek likes this.
    07-17-13 12:09 AM
    Daily u se as well. Like to bridge with Z10 @ home.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:27 AM
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:33 AM
    if you were deaf, you may be satisified with the joy of reading books, but you would never know the great of music.
    there's a lot of things or apps playbook can't do while other tablets can.
    I'm using it daily too, but I still want more, functions a tablets should have, for example GPS, IM and a decent user friendly browser.
    The PlayBook does have GPS chipset. Reception can be a bit of a labour, mind.

I find the browser fine - not quite as quick as the browser on my Z10, but still reasonably peppy, and faster than Opera on my Tegra-2 Android tablet.
    07-17-13 08:32 AM
38 12