All along, I thought Crackberry was a reference to one's addiction to a particular device. After picking up a playbook (for the second time �the other time was pre-2.0 and I was not pleased), I now realize Crackberry could be defined as an addiction to this forum. I have spent so many hours in here and learned so much (happily side-loading, DDPB, BBHTools, etc.) and I know I have just scratched the service.

Not only has my PB seen more action then my new iPad, but it has also traveled with me to places where I would never consider taking an iPad. The smaller form factor really makes a difference. If a proper Office app would appear (I wish Docs to Go would improve its version � natively syncing with DropBox as it does on the iPad), I wonder when I wouldn't choose the PB over the iPad.

Thanks to all for the informative posts.

Cheers.
    06-03-12 06:23 PM
    If you can afford it, having an Ipad at home and Playbook on the road may fit all your needs ! But if I had to choose between the two ... well, the mobility capabilities of the Playbook and its UI wins easy. Not a single "advantage" of the iPad can balance this IMHO.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Marty_LK, ast_ph and Harryl6134 like this.
    06-03-12 06:27 PM
    Hey ya Hackett, I agree .... this Forum teaches me so much and it absolutely amazes me how people work out some of the fixes, and then willingly and freely share it on here.

Bouquets, bouquets, bouquets to all who contribute to this Forum!!!!
    06-03-12 06:48 PM
    If a proper Office app would appear (I wish Docs to Go would improve its version � natively syncing with DropBox as it does on the iPad)...
    Research In Motion licensed Doc-to-Go for the BlackBerry PlayBook from DataViz. Apart from a few cosmetic changes since the original release of the tablet the office suite is lacking to be kind. Smart Office seems a bit better at some things. If you want to complain about Docs-to-Go, contact Research In Motion and let them know exactly how you feel. Maybe you could write Thorsten Heins; I will leave figuring out the email address as an exercise for the reader as many textbook writers are fond of doing. And do not think that BlackBerry 10 will suddenly fix all the deficiencies.
    06-03-12 07:47 PM
    The ipad really is cumbersome when trying to carry it to different places.
    06-03-12 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD