i bought two playbook today but neither one are working. I can not choose a language in the blackberry agreement. I can not go over the next screen. i get a message that says unable to display Blackberry id agreement please select your country and language, then try again. I called the blackberry support but they can not help me until the 19th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    NamelessLiar likes this.
    04-13-11 10:33 PM
    This has been discussed already here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/go...aybook-604418/
    04-13-11 10:36 PM
    i bought two playbook today but neither one are working. I can not choose a language in the blackberry agreement. I can not go over the next screen. i get a message that says unable to display Blackberry id agreement please select your country and language, then try again. I called the blackberry support but they can not help me until the 19th.

First of all, how the F did you get one. :P

Second, alot of corporate people have said that. It's because it's not close enough to April 19th.
    04-13-11 10:36 PM
    Did you go with 1 day or expedited or normal shipping?
    04-13-11 10:37 PM
    Did you go with 1 day or expedited or normal shipping?
    normal shipping. My friend works for staples. He received 4 today at the store and cancel my order online. He gave me two from the one he received.

04-13-11 10:49 PM
    normal shipping. My friend works for staples. He received 4 today at the store and cancel my order online. He gave me two from the one he received.

Do a unboxing video!
    04-13-11 10:51 PM
    Do a unboxing video!
    Here is my video :

Last edited by pkcable; 04-14-11 at 09:18 AM. Reason: made video clickable
    roger33-33 and NamelessLiar like this.
    04-13-11 11:31 PM
    Wow. I didn't believe you. Shows how skeptical I've become on the Internet.

04-13-11 11:47 PM
    Wow. I didn't believe you. Shows how skeptical I've become on the Internet.

Believe m no need to make up stories. I like it but I will probably will give it to my wife. I rather use my motorola zoom-

04-13-11 11:50 PM
    So are the ID servers up yet?
    04-14-11 05:24 AM
    How was Blackberry support rude to you?

You paid for the device they should get it running now or offer you a refund.
    04-14-11 05:32 AM
    How was Blackberry support rude to you?

You paid for the device they should get it running now or offer you a refund.
    What? No, the OP somehow got his hands on it before launch (as did a few others on the forum). Theoretically, no one except for reviewers, RIM, and select devs should even have the device.
    04-14-11 05:38 AM
    It's not the buyers fault he has one.

RIM should not be rude with any purchasers,
    you buy something it should work or a refund be offered.
    04-14-11 05:43 AM

The only one at fault here is the retailer. RIM can't do anything about someone who has something they're not supposed to have, and who really cares anyways? In 4 days when the PlayBook is released the ID servers will be up (there's a good chance it'll be up earlier too) .
    04-14-11 06:05 AM
    What? No, the OP somehow got his hands on it before launch (as did a few others on the forum). Theoretically, no one except for reviewers, RIM, and select devs should even have the device.
    Apparently he claims a friend of his working for staples got it for him "under the table".

I don't know if his story is legit but this does happen all the time. An employee for a retail outlet that has access to inventory in the back storage area can sneak them out- or, if a manager, simply sell it early (bit quietly).

Its also one of the ways theft hits industry hard. Inventory often doesn't have rfid burglary tags on them yet so they can be removed without alarms going off.

04-14-11 06:11 AM
    Great first RIM is rude to the buyer now he is being grouped criminals for owning it.
    04-14-11 06:18 AM
    Haha, that's what ya get when you post this kind of stuff

04-14-11 06:47 AM

Foolish statement. It will work on launch day. At least he knows he has it. And the ignore list function on this board is fantastic! Thanks for being second on the list!
    04-14-11 07:26 AM
    Great first RIM is rude to the buyer now he is being grouped criminals for owning it.
    So if I broke into RIM labs right now and stole a pre-release device, I should expect it to work perfectly, as well as get support for it? I really hope you don't believe that.

He effectively stole it, though I don't really care because I would have done the same thing if I had connections. He doesn't expect anything from RIM/support until the release, so why would you?
    04-14-11 09:12 AM
    So if I broke into RIM labs right now and stole a pre-release device, I should expect it to work perfectly, as well as get support for it? I really hope you don't believe that.

He effectively stole it, though I don't really care because I would have done the same thing if I had connections. He doesn't expect anything from RIM/support until the release, so why would you?
    I am willing to email my receipt to anyone. i bought three of them.

04-14-11 10:46 PM
    ciaoo, congrats on getting one so soon even though it isn't working yet. No hate here. *high five*

Could you do me a favor though? Can you tell me if it will fit inside of your inside jacket pocket on a suit? That is my biggest question and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
    04-14-11 10:51 PM
    ciaoo, congrats on getting one so soon even though it isn't working yet. No hate here. *high five*

Could you do me a favor though? Can you tell me if it will fit inside of your inside jacket pocket on a suit? That is my biggest question and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
    Yes it will fit inside your Jacket. did u see my video in youtube

04-14-11 11:01 PM
    Yes it will fit inside your Jacket. did u see my video in youtube

Yep, watched it twice. The second time more closely hoping to see you fit it inside of a jacket pocket lol.
    04-14-11 11:12 PM
    I am willing to email my receipt to anyone. i bought three of them.

Hey,
    What staples did you get the unit from?? I've called a few of the locations in NS but they will not sell the actual unit to me until Tuesday..I really want to get my hands on one!!
    Any help would be great!
    04-15-11 01:02 PM
    HAHA I would love to see that receipt
    04-15-11 01:28 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD