Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. ciaoo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default I received my playbook today from staples but is not working

    i bought two playbook today but neither one are working. I can not choose a language in the blackberry agreement. I can not go over the next screen. i get a message that says unable to display Blackberry id agreement please select your country and language, then try again. I called the blackberry support but they can not help me until the 19th.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    NamelessLiar (04-14-2011) 
  2. Michelle Haag's Avatar
    Mobile Nations Staff

    Posts
    1,687 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    This has been discussed already here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/go...aybook-604418/
    Twitter @_Miche11e_ .::. BBM Channel C0001B3B5

    You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your effing smartphone.
    "Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence." - Pythagoras
  3. dsquared2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,805 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaoo7 View Post
    i bought two playbook today but neither one are working. I can not choose a language in the blackberry agreement. I can not go over the next screen. i get a message that says unable to display Blackberry id agreement please select your country and language, then try again. I called the blackberry support but they can not help me until the 19th.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    First of all, how the F did you get one. :P


    Second, alot of corporate people have said that. It's because it's not close enough to April 19th.
    *Storm 9530->Storm2 9550->Bold 9930 -> Z10 -> Z30 (VZW)
    *BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

    A gift of any size supports the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross whether it's responding to a disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting our military members and their families. Donate to The American Red Cross.
  4. skech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    46 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Did you go with 1 day or expedited or normal shipping?
  5. ciaoo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Did you go with 1 day or expedited or normal shipping?
    normal shipping. My friend works for staples. He received 4 today at the store and cancel my order online. He gave me two from the one he received.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. dsquared2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,805 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaoo7 View Post
    normal shipping. My friend works for staples. He received 4 today at the store and cancel my order online. He gave me two from the one he received.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Do a unboxing video!
    *Storm 9530->Storm2 9550->Bold 9930 -> Z10 -> Z30 (VZW)
    *BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

    A gift of any size supports the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross whether it's responding to a disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting our military members and their families. Donate to The American Red Cross.
  7. ciaoo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsquared2 View Post
    Do a unboxing video!
    Here is my video :



    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-14-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: made video clickable
    Thanked by 2:
    NamelessLiar (04-14-2011),  roger33-33 (04-14-2011) 
  8. quellerie's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    180 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Wow. I didn't believe you. Shows how skeptical I've become on the Internet.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  9. ciaoo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quellerie View Post
    Wow. I didn't believe you. Shows how skeptical I've become on the Internet.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Believe m no need to make up stories. I like it but I will probably will give it to my wife. I rather use my motorola zoom-

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  10. Lawcheehung's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    163 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    So are the ID servers up yet?
  11. Sonic77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    How was Blackberry support rude to you?

    You paid for the device they should get it running now or offer you a refund.
  12. Lawcheehung's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    163 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic77 View Post
    How was Blackberry support rude to you?

    You paid for the device they should get it running now or offer you a refund.
    What? No, the OP somehow got his hands on it before launch (as did a few others on the forum). Theoretically, no one except for reviewers, RIM, and select devs should even have the device.
  13. Sonic77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    It's not the buyers fault he has one.

    RIM should not be rude with any purchasers,
    you buy something it should work or a refund be offered.
  14. Lawcheehung's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    163 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic77 View Post
    It's not the buyers fault he has one.

    RIM should not be rude with any purchasers,
    you buy something it should work or a refund be offered.
    The only one at fault here is the retailer. RIM can't do anything about someone who has something they're not supposed to have, and who really cares anyways? In 4 days when the PlayBook is released the ID servers will be up (there's a good chance it'll be up earlier too) .
  15. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,897 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawcheehung View Post
    What? No, the OP somehow got his hands on it before launch (as did a few others on the forum). Theoretically, no one except for reviewers, RIM, and select devs should even have the device.
    Apparently he claims a friend of his working for staples got it for him "under the table".

    I don't know if his story is legit but this does happen all the time. An employee for a retail outlet that has access to inventory in the back storage area can sneak them out- or, if a manager, simply sell it early (bit quietly).

    Its also one of the ways theft hits industry hard. Inventory often doesn't have rfid burglary tags on them yet so they can be removed without alarms going off.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. Sonic77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Great first RIM is rude to the buyer now he is being grouped criminals for owning it.
  17. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    6,791 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,844 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Haha, that's what ya get when you post this kind of stuff

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. kbill1984's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic77 View Post
    It's not the buyers fault he has one.

    RIM should not be rude with any purchasers,
    you buy something it should work or a refund be offered.
    Foolish statement. It will work on launch day. At least he knows he has it. And the ignore list function on this board is fantastic! Thanks for being second on the list!
  19. X04D00's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    412 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic77 View Post
    Great first RIM is rude to the buyer now he is being grouped criminals for owning it.
    So if I broke into RIM labs right now and stole a pre-release device, I should expect it to work perfectly, as well as get support for it? I really hope you don't believe that.

    He effectively stole it, though I don't really care because I would have done the same thing if I had connections. He doesn't expect anything from RIM/support until the release, so why would you?
  20. ciaoo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X04D00 View Post
    So if I broke into RIM labs right now and stole a pre-release device, I should expect it to work perfectly, as well as get support for it? I really hope you don't believe that.

    He effectively stole it, though I don't really care because I would have done the same thing if I had connections. He doesn't expect anything from RIM/support until the release, so why would you?
    I am willing to email my receipt to anyone. i bought three of them.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  21. NamelessLiar's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    PIN
    T's of Beer
    #21  

    Default

    ciaoo, congrats on getting one so soon even though it isn't working yet. No hate here. *high five*

    Could you do me a favor though? Can you tell me if it will fit inside of your inside jacket pocket on a suit? That is my biggest question and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
    My "Hit Me On My Blackberry" video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdsHieoBPk
  22. ciaoo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NamelessLiar View Post
    ciaoo, congrats on getting one so soon even though it isn't working yet. No hate here. *high five*

    Could you do me a favor though? Can you tell me if it will fit inside of your inside jacket pocket on a suit? That is my biggest question and can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
    Yes it will fit inside your Jacket. did u see my video in youtube

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  23. NamelessLiar's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    PIN
    T's of Beer
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaoo7 View Post
    Yes it will fit inside your Jacket. did u see my video in youtube

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yep, watched it twice. The second time more closely hoping to see you fit it inside of a jacket pocket lol.
    My "Hit Me On My Blackberry" video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdsHieoBPk
  24. Blackberrynut11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #24  

    Default Staples??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaoo7 View Post
    I am willing to email my receipt to anyone. i bought three of them.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey,
    What staples did you get the unit from?? I've called a few of the locations in NS but they will not sell the actual unit to me until Tuesday..I really want to get my hands on one!!
    Any help would be great!
  25. jo_blo12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    HAHA I would love to see that receipt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions