I'm a web designer...not exactly a unique profession, and I've used all those capabilities on my iPad in a professional capacity. My PlayBook just can't match those functions using just a browser.

And those were just examples. My larger point was that this thread has a very narrow definition of what "work" is. A web browser is just not enough, and I hope that the PlayBook gains enough momentum to start attracting developers, because we need apps on it.
    Well said.
    03-04-12 01:49 PM
    I'm a web designer...not exactly a unique profession, and I've used all those capabilities on my iPad in a professional capacity. My PlayBook just can't match those functions using just a browser.

And those were just examples. My larger point was that this thread has a very narrow definition of what "work" is. A web browser is just not enough, and I hope that the PlayBook gains enough momentum to start attracting developers, because we need apps on it.
    Wasn't trying to be insulting. I imagined something to do with music. And all the apps I saw for this.... Well I couldn't imagine professional work being done on that.
    03-05-12 10:27 AM
    It is not just about creative capacity, but also about productivity and digital assistant.

Things like PDF annotate, handwriting note, todo/task, GTD, outline, mindmapping, diagram/flow chart draw, graphic calculator, personal database,... can't be done with a browser.
    Not to mention the advantage of Playbook is a 3rd party plugin for browser, not the browser itself, not javascript performance, not features (bookmark, reader mode), not other plugin (silverlight, java,...)
    03-05-12 11:20 AM
    I don't like Apple products and desperately wanted to like my 32gb PB but after a couple of weeks I still find it irritating at the lack of some basics a pad should do. I like the aesthetics and the quality of the PB but the lack of usb support, skype (wth is the point of the FF camera?) and no sound on the vast majority of my movies still bugs me.

It seems that what appear to be relatively easy problems to resolve just ruin what could have been great product.
    03-05-12 01:02 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD