First of all my playbook usb port is broken so I cant charge it. I need to send it back to be fixed but my problem is I live in Nassau Bahamas and I have no idea how I am supposed to get this problem fixed when our country isn't even listed. Please help me I haven't even had my playbook for a year yet.
    06-30-12 01:30 PM
    Phone the RIM Support Centre - either Canada or USA numbers - hopefully they should sort you out....
    06-30-12 03:28 PM
    Phone the RIM Support Centre - either Canada or USA numbers - hopefully they should sort you out....
    I agree that customer support will likely help you out. You can also send a tweet to @blackberryhelp. I sent a tweet a while back and they got back to me in no time. I don't know if this would work for you in the long run but you might want to consider getting a rapid charger as that puts less stress on the port. But in the meantime I would try the support number, or perhaps send a tweet to @blackberryhelp. Good luck.
    KermEd and jafobabe like this.
    06-30-12 04:23 PM
    +1 On the rapid charger. It will increase the lifetime of the usb connection immeasurably.
    jafobabe and neel69 like this.
    06-30-12 04:29 PM
    I use the docks. Bought a few of em (home + work etc). Just watch your battery sometimes it says charging and doesnt.
    jafobabe likes this.
    06-30-12 06:33 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    France: 0800914533 (within 90 days from activation)
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    KermEd likes this.
    06-30-12 06:59 PM
    Call support they will send you the rapid charger with the magnetic connector so you don't have to send it in for repair. Don't accept the pod stand charger cuz it sucks and it won't work with your broken port anyways. Don't expect to receive the charger for a month. Slow but you will get it eventually.
    06-30-12 11:47 PM
    Call support they will send you the rapid charger with the magnetic connector so you don't have to send it in for repair. Don't accept the pod stand charger cuz it sucks and it won't work with your broken port anyways. Don't expect to receive the charger for a month. Slow but you will get it eventually.
    So RIM just sends a charger instead of repairing your device?
    07-01-12 01:00 AM
    So RIM just sends a charger instead of repairing your device?
    Reports on the forum suggest RIM will repair a PB with damaged USB port. Even if the cause was user error. RIM will replace a broken stock charger with a rapid charger.

The dock and corded rapid charger both use the magnetic port.
    07-01-12 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD