Now that I have had a full day (really half a day after debricking), I have to say I love the device. Aside from the fact that the full bridge isnt available yet (and I am on ATT), and some of the apps that I will use are not here yet (a la Skype), I am satisfied. First thing I tried in the new 1705 os is to open as many programs as i can. I saw in demos that more than 6 programs tended to bring up a low memory error. I have 9 open including NFS AND Tetris, 4 bridge programs, Music, Videos, Browser with video playing. NO LAG and working so smooth. I LOVE IT

I could go into a full on review but I don't think theres any need. I am happy with this device and am willing to be patient for more features to come. Instead of being disappointed, I am excited, as those features are coming. Also, who knows what could come once summer kicks off with android app support!
    04-20-11 09:58 AM
    i have full Bridge thanks to T-Mobile, just need Java to really exploit it a bit more.

the media handling, coupled with the wi-fi drag and drop file sharing with my iMac holding photos, movies and all iTunes content is fantastic.

branching out to HD TV viewing this evening...
    04-20-11 10:06 AM
    finally a more positive thread..... i have so much to say that ill save it for another post..... i had the first ipad when it came out and it was not nearly as amazing as this on its initial release.... i wish people will give the playbook a chance. everything will come in time the playbook is only 1 day old.
    04-20-11 11:32 AM
    People HAVE to understand that this is a brand new device of its kind under RIM. They are venturing into new territory. This is like the very first Iphone for RIM. It will grow and I think it will be very successful...with time. I am very pleased with where it is at right now. I don't believe the need for a million apps is there right now as we have the FULL web people! Anyways, we will be getting more and more apps, and we will have a ton of Android apps to play with this summer! I think the summer is when the Playbook will explode onto the scene and RIM will probably start doing some real marketing for it. I think they are very smart to not market the product now, as some of the highly anticipated features are still being worked on. When all is done, it will do them better to market everything then.
    04-20-11 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD