Recent events and updates (keynote @ Devcon and 2.0 Beta and release of Quality Games) have renewed my believe in RIM and its PlayBook. Frankly, os 1.7 nearly made me return the product due to known bugs(podcast died,browser crashs..), but with new and better UI and runtime for Android in os 2.0, my love is back!! Here is a real life experience of how PlayBook rocks:

I was 'watching' a HD show on my tv streamed from pb via HDMI in 1080p! It was smooth and crystal clear. Thanks to "presentation mode" on pb, I can send the video to tv (run in background) and still use pb to check emails and bbm friends(via bridge); check out a book on kindle (via Android runtime). Top it off, pb native browser was silently downloading a 600mb video). can any other tablet even accomplish half of what my pb did?? I am aware of none, for this reason, I wouldn't trade my pb for a trio of ipad,android tab and touchpad.

With native email,bbm(PIM) coming out soon, and more quality apps and games popping up, my love for PlayBook is stronger than ever

I have heard enough negatives, thought I would share my view from user's perspective.

PlayBook rocks!!

-cannot wait for full release of 2.0 (to those apple fanbooys and so-called analysts hiding here, leave us alone and stop flooding this forum)

Update: Freaking delay is killing me!!
    Last edited by pourtoibb; 10-27-11 at 09:25 AM.
    10-22-11 12:31 PM
    I can hardly wait for 2.0 whenever it comes. All the positive things about it I have heard make me excited. Yes like any device and os there will be bugs. Ignore the negativity,

"All hail the Playbook!"
    DPSydBerry and dakid2k6 like this.
    10-22-11 01:07 PM
    It never ceases to amaze me the variations of use that people put their playbooks to.

It just takes a bit of lateral thinking and one can do so much with this darned thing!!!!
    10-22-11 03:24 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It never ceases to amaze me the variations of use that people put their playbooks to.

It just takes a bit of lateral thinking and one can do so much with this darned thing!!!!
    Could not agree more!....For me ....no need to carry a laptop....just a wifi area and I'm good!....

By all accounts Playbook 2.0 will be awesome!!!! ...with more to come after that!
    10-22-11 06:28 PM
    Could not agree more!....For me ....no need to carry a laptop....just a wifi area and I'm good!....

By all accounts Playbook 2.0 will be awesome!!!! ...with more to come after that!
    And in a pinch, you should just use bridge browser if there are no wi-fi
    10-22-11 07:11 PM
    i am always tickled when i see people posting positive threads on here. i understand that forums will get a share of people having problems, naturally this is the place to come and get good free support to fix them, which is why it is always good to see someone post a positive message explaining the benefits, features and major advantages of the playbook...thanks for your post, and BB for life!
    Dapper37 likes this.
    10-22-11 07:22 PM
    I agree it's going to get even better soon!
    10-22-11 07:27 PM
    With native email,bbm(PIM) coming out soon
    I wish I was as optimistic as you are. In RIM's terms, "soon" may be many-many months if ever.
    10-22-11 10:33 PM
    One recent happy reason from me:

I had made a webpage via a free hosting service and used their subdomain feature. My DSL service via AT&T will not allow me to access the page at all. I've always been able to access the webpages via other ISP's. Now, with Blackberry Bridge, I can access the webpages on my Playbook even though my desktop refuses to find the page.
    10-23-11 05:05 AM
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks, and really like it. I've been into tablet computing for years and have Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 machines. The Playbook is my first tablet outside the Windows family. The Windows machines were all 'not quite right' due to the form factor and UI. The Playbook is a much nicer user experience. I love the browser and multimedia features. Waiting for 2.0 to see if it can be even better
    10-23-11 07:15 AM
    What i believe is,improvement take times,not a day or two,i love my pb very much even with wifi browsing or thentering or bridge browser...hope you all enjoy yours,cheers...
    10-23-11 07:47 AM
    I demoed it once again when a friend of mine told me about a Soulwax remix of the Stones.
    Grab it, opened google, found the link, downloaded the vid ... and then plugged PB into my A/V amp ...
    All talks stopped, and even my favorite apple fanboy said ... wow ... is it 5.1 ?
    yes it was

BTW, I prefer demo under 1.07, as there's no trick or workaround. Most users won't get the "demo" notion.
    P.S: I went back to 1.07, and stay to it, as droid stuff is far from mandatory to me, and OS2 wifi is capricious.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-23-11 at 08:40 AM.
    10-23-11 08:38 AM
    I've only had mine a couple of weeks as well and I have really enjoyed it! I find more that it can do on a daily basis (especially reading these forums )
    10-23-11 08:50 AM
    It's really nice to read positive threads and hear that people are putting their PBs to good use. Yeah for warm fuzzies! Bring on 2.0!
    10-23-11 08:51 AM
    I've installed the OS2 beta, i'm no developer, just followed all instructions from the threads, its been barely a week since DevCon, guys in this community are working and making things work, i've got my most needed android apps working beautifully, most pleased about kindle. Only two issues are non focusing camera and bridge, bridge has a workaround i'm sure all other issues will be sorted in a matter of weeks, a renewed love for the playbook, i'm loving it!!
    10-23-11 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD