I love her so much that I bought a 9320 as a 2nd handset. I've never personally owned BB equipment before and the build quality is 2nd to none.

However is there alway to get rid of the chess board effect on webpages? I know Java can be disabled.

Secondly is there an app where you can rent and download movies onto the device similar to Googleplay. Pay �3.49 download it to your device not stream and watch for up to 48 hrs.

Please help....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    11-13-12 07:12 AM
    Not sure about the first, but as far as the second question, depending on where you are located in the world, there is a bb movie store that may be available now or at least soon that you can rent or buy movies from. Fairly sure its only available in Canada and the US right now but I'm fairly certain that will be expanding very soon with the imminent launch of BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-13-12 07:35 AM
    Checkerboard no way the phones you bought is old school old technology and not enough ram...typical present day BB, wait for BB10 that may get rid of that......sad but true.
    11-13-12 08:56 AM
    i am sad to say, the playbook's browser is a POS. always checker-boards, or extreme lag while typing. i've wanted to break the thing over my knee dozens of times.
    i really see no harm in releasing the BB10 browser to the playbook early.
    why should we have to go months with the POS browser while the better browser sits in the back-pocket?
    it's not like the browser is some secret weapon that is going to make BB10. it's a browser.
    11-13-12 09:18 AM
    Maxthon browser its free in appworld works really well doesn't eat up resources like the native browser. Video store for your videos if you're either in the country its available or you know how to setup a proxy
    11-13-12 01:34 PM
    i am sad to say, the playbook's browser is a POS. always checker-boards, or extreme lag while typing. i've wanted to break the thing over my knee dozens of times.
    i really see no harm in releasing the BB10 browser to the playbook early.
    why should we have to go months with the POS browser while the better browser sits in the back-pocket?
    it's not like the browser is some secret weapon that is going to make BB10. it's a browser.
    I rarely get a checker-board effect and the native web browser, while not the fastest, generally renders a web page within 2-3 seconds. Crackberry.com is the worst offender when it comes to slow display times -but this is a reflection of the poor web design (heavy on the content delivery network feeds) of the CrackBerry website.
    11-13-12 01:38 PM
    Already got Maxthon browser thanks.. roll on videostore in the UK. I'm lucky in our household we have the 2 best 7" tablets my 64gb Playbook and my son's 7" Nexus. Just considering the 10" Nexus now!
    11-13-12 02:21 PM
    I have no problems with the native browser with the sole exception of checkerboarding on the Crackberry website.
    I also sometimes get the browser crashing on some links on the News section on Crackberry and even Firefox on my PC has problems with the same links.
    11-13-12 02:35 PM
    No problems with web browser on pb except with crackberry. Very slow loading pages and constant checkerboarding.
    11-13-12 07:32 PM
    I love her so much that I bought a 9320 as a 2nd handset. I've never personally owned BB equipment before and the build quality is 2nd to none.

However is there alway to get rid of the chess board effect on webpages? I know Java can be disabled.

Secondly is there an app where you can rent and download movies onto the device similar to Googleplay. Pay �3.49 download it to your device not stream and watch for up to 48 hrs.

Please help....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Went to all the Mobile Nation Web sites today to enter the contest and saw soooo much checkerboard that my eyes are now crossed. Was very painful using the PB. Wonder if Thorsten has the same experience and thinks it's OK.
    11-13-12 09:12 PM