One thing I don't understand on this and other threads is the common theme that Andriod is crap and not secure etc etc....

Then on the BB10 forums its all about the Jelly Bean runtime is coming and will be brilliant and will provide all the apps BB10 will ever need...
    Then loads of people are loading "leaked" os versions........ how secure are these - no one appears to care.

Surely if BB10 needs leaked os's and effectively an andriod virtual machine, to meet peoples expectations then andriod might well make more sense from the outset?

I used my PB for the first time in a month today - only for print to go - had a look at blackberry world and found nothing of interest at all..... I don't expect BB10 and had the PB before it was promised, but I would appreciate some love and statement from BB to tell me if there is any future for this tablet.
    05-30-13 03:04 PM
    One thing I don't understand on this and other threads is the common theme that Andriod is crap and not secure etc etc....

Then on the BB10 forums its all about the Jelly Bean runtime is coming and will be brilliant and will provide all the apps BB10 will ever need...
    Then loads of people are loading "leaked" os versions........ how secure are these - no one appears to care.

Surely if BB10 needs leaked os's and effectively an andriod virtual machine, to meet peoples expectations then andriod might well make more sense from the outset?

I used my PB for the first time in a month today - only for print to go - had a look at blackberry world and found nothing of interest at all..... I don't expect BB10 and had the PB before it was promised, but I would appreciate some love and statement from BB to tell me if there is any future for this tablet.
    as for the android runtime it runs in a sandbox environment and does not effect any other systems, so in turn is more secure than an actual android device,

as for leaked.os's its upnto the user to know what they are doing .
    05-30-13 03:11 PM
    I find Android an unstable mess of a mobile operating system. Google clearly has no idea about operating system development and knows even less about effective security implementation. Then there is the whole issue of data mining by Google which is so blatant and intrusive it's enough to turn anybody off the platform if they knew how treacherous it really is.

Google is *not* your friend. Never has been.

At least with BB we know where they stand on security and efficiency.
    I assume you don't use Facebook either?

I think OP's post was legit, no need for everyone to jump on it. And Playbook is about 2 years old - if I needed a new tablet I wouldn't get another PB either. Unless a new BB10 tablet comes out first
    05-30-13 03:16 PM
28 12