Hope I made the right decision but man it wasnt easy deciding. Main reason why i went playbook is the size and the fact its cheaper and dont need an extra data plan to use 3G.
    04-22-11 04:24 PM
    You will like it, trust me. You just gotta let it grow on you and don't flip your sh*t over small flaws like a lot of people on here do. The smaller size is WONDRFUL! It might not have Pocked God...but whats the point in a huge screen if you never USE it.
    04-22-11 04:27 PM
    i did the same, but only because the hardware is awesome, and to watch it grow is going to rock.
    04-22-11 05:16 PM
    Now if RIM could just repeat this another 20 million times, they'd be in the driver's seat.
    Every journey begins with a single step.
    04-22-11 05:20 PM
    You probably could've sold the iPad2 for more than retail.
    04-22-11 05:29 PM
    Honestly, I would say just try the bloody thing out and you will be instantly impressed. It's honestly awesome and i love it. Its only going to get better too!
    04-22-11 05:53 PM
    Absolutely. I mean, look at the iPhone. It took RIM eleven years to sell 100 million BlackBerry units. Apple has sold 108 million iPhones in less than 4 years. The iPhone, by itself, makes more revenue and profit than Google's entire business. And yes, it began with a single step.
    When RIM started selling phones, smartphones were not the norm. You had a few people buying them and that was it.
    Now a lot more people buy smart phones so obviously Apple got there faster. RIM has been matching the iPhone shipments.

That being said Apple has done a great job making an easy to use phone and are great at marketing. I'm glad there is competition and that is driving manufacturers to make great products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 09:47 PM
    When RIM started selling phones, smartphones were not the norm. You had a few people buying them and that was it.
    Now a lot more people buy smart phones so obviously Apple got there faster. RIM has been matching the iPhone shipments.

That being said Apple has done a great job making an easy to use phone and are great at marketing. I'm glad there is competition and that is driving manufacturers to make great products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hehehe he's a huge playbook hater, no point arguing!
    04-22-11 09:54 PM
    did the same thing on monday
    04-22-11 09:59 PM
    form factor and flash playability started my interest. i never 'bit' for the ipad nor ipad2 even though i am a loyal mac user for the past 10 years. hope the video chat app gets here soon enough.
    04-22-11 10:03 PM
    Absolutely. I mean, look at the iPhone. It took RIM eleven years to sell 100 million BlackBerry units. Apple has sold 108 million iPhones in less than 4 years. The iPhone, by itself, makes more revenue and profit than Google's entire business. And yes, it began with a single step.
    yeah and how long did apple refined the iOS on the MAC before they made the iPhone? too many years
    04-22-11 10:06 PM
    i returned the ipad 2, the xoom (no brainer on this one), and couldnt ne happier with the playbook.

you wont regret your decision, at least i didnt.
    04-22-11 10:07 PM
    Flash is really growing on me..no bounds for entertainment
    04-22-11 10:12 PM
    Good call. I have enjoyed my playbook that past few days. I pick it up and it works, no issues. Well minor bugs in the browser (have to reload a page or the swipe down didn't work once, but that was in the 1690 os) and bridge was laggy once. Other than that, it works fast and great. NO compromises online and great screen and speakers. Just keep getting better.
    04-22-11 11:11 PM
    Plus 1 for bridging it would seem. Single data plan is better than 2!
    04-22-11 11:38 PM
    Plus 1 for bridging it would seem. Single data plan is better than 2!
    yip thats a big reason why i returned ipad 2. really didnt want to pay for another data plan.

all my buddies said im dumb for returning the ipad 2. they all said playbook is going to fail and it will be storm deja vu.
    04-23-11 09:19 PM
    I'm about to take the same step.. I love the iPad 2 and how polished it is.. BUT I love the PlayBook for its form factor and I'm excited to see whT it will become once the OS updates and apps start flowing.. Plus I have an iPhone 4 if I need my iOS fix.. Still not 100% convinced but I'm thinking of returning the iPad 2 on Monday...
    04-23-11 09:26 PM
    i used my ipad as a plate for my hot wings this evening, threw it in the trash afterwards.
    04-23-11 10:31 PM
    I'm about to take the same step.. I love the iPad 2 and how polished it is.. BUT I love the PlayBook for its form factor and I'm excited to see whT it will become once the OS updates and apps start flowing.. Plus I have an iPhone 4 if I need my iOS fix.. Still not 100% convinced but I'm thinking of returning the iPad 2 on Monday...
    I did and dont miss the ipad 2 at all. The thing is just too freakin big!
    04-23-11 10:59 PM
    You know what would be funny and awesome? If this keeping a playbook and returning ipad became a trend. GO RIM

Sigh.... but first fix the bipolar spell check on the playbook...
    04-23-11 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD