Blackberry needs to find a way to update flash without needing a full update. I don't need to download a 300mb file each time flash updates and it updates often.
    flash is an integral part of the playbook experience, and the 300mb update had more than just flash updates, performance all round has improved. I know what your saying though, the update takes time I usually do it late at night, so i can let it download, and then install/reboot before i go to sleep.... seems to work for me.... i guess we all probably have very different schedules.... do what works for you. Is there an hour or two in your routine that doesn't require the playbook? lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 11:44 PM
    This thread is too long so I didn't read all of it. I just wanna report that now it seems the PB doesn't go to sleep when video is playing. I'm listening to a TV show in Flash with the browser and noticed this. Before the update, the display would dim and then the device would go to sleep after 5min. Not anymore. Anyone else noticed that?
    06-22-11 01:54 AM
    This thread is too long so I didn't read all of it. I just wanna report that now it seems the PB doesn't go to sleep when video is playing. I'm listening to a TV show in Flash with the browser and noticed this. Before the update, the display would dim and then the device would go to sleep after 5min. Not anymore. Anyone else noticed that?
    Yes I have noticed the same thing. I've had some videos still go out when at full screen mode but never in a window. It is so much nicer now to watch a live stream in the charging pod without having to constantly touch the thing. It's my favorite thing about the most recent update.
    06-22-11 03:09 AM
    I was generally pleased with the update until I went to play Scrabble on Facebook. Before this update, I could double-tap on the game and it would go to full-screen like other Flash games. Now it only zooms in and out like a news article. Still playable but can't see the whole board on the zoom in and the board doesn't remain stationary when trying to move tiles.

It's no dealbreaker or anything.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 06-22-11 at 03:49 AM.
    06-22-11 03:46 AM
    Performed a backup prior to downloading and installing this update, worked fine using Desktop manager. Just tried to do another backup after completing the download and install, and the backup fails. Rebooted both PC and PlayBook, backup still fails.

Let me know if anyone else can perform a backup after the download.
    06-22-11 08:08 AM
    Yes I have noticed the same thing. I've had some videos still go out when at full screen mode but never in a window. It is so much nicer now to watch a live stream in the charging pod without having to constantly touch the thing. It's my favorite thing about the most recent update.
    Strange. I tried both fullscreen and windowed and neither goes to standby now. Tried Flash streaming video and local video (.avi).

Even stranger is that, given all the almost-end-of-the-world tantrum about the timeout, no many seemed to have noticed this or cared to report it.
    06-22-11 10:15 AM
    you can always convert it to mp4s using handbrake its easy and fast.
    there's another one called WinFF, that allows you to convert just the audio portion and keep the video the same. Faster and less chance of corruption of the video file.

Slight learning curve but faster than handbrake i believe

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/2...-to-MP3-on-AVI
    Last edited by perfectson; 06-22-11 at 10:34 AM.
    06-22-11 10:24 AM
    Strange. I tried both fullscreen and windowed and neither goes to standby now. Tried Flash streaming video and local video (.avi).

Even stranger is that, given all the almost-end-of-the-world tantrum about the timeout, no many seemed to have noticed this or cared to report it.
    i still get this sadly possibly im guessing its site related, but i use pulsradio all the time for music, feel free to try to make sure its not just me
    Player PulsRadio - Ecouter Radio Techno Dance Trance House - DanceFloor 2011 MP3 InternetRadio streaming
    once in the page tap just above the flash download line to play, double tap the volume slider to fullscreen too. still times out after 5 mins
    06-22-11 10:26 AM
    i still get this sadly possibly im guessing its site related, but i use pulsradio all the time for music, feel free to try to make sure its not just me
    Player PulsRadio - Ecouter Radio Techno Dance Trance House - DanceFloor 2011 MP3 InternetRadio streaming
    once in the page tap just above the flash download line to play, double tap the volume slider to fullscreen too. still times out after 5 mins
    Oh but this is music not video, right? That might explain it.

When I hide the video while it's playing (pull up the apps lists), the timeout is enabled. So it's really the video that determines if the timeout active or not.
    06-22-11 10:39 AM
    Oh but this is music not video, right? That might explain it.

When I hide the video while it's playing (pull up the apps lists), the timeout is enabled. So it's really the video that determines if the timeout active or not.
    quite possibly yes, i mean its a flash object flulscreen, so i guess i was kinda hoping lol, but everything else flash video seems to work, just thats my fav streaming site lol, might have to make an app for that to keep the screen on
    06-22-11 10:42 AM
    Sticky this?
    06-22-11 11:15 PM
    anyone else notice if you press and hold a hot link like you are going to copy it you get an option to open it in a new tab. i don't remember seeing this before
    06-22-11 11:19 PM

I do think this might have been site related because I am not experiencing any full screen timeouts recently. I do agree with you that this was a huge improvement.
    06-23-11 04:47 AM
    Am I the only one who's constantly getting prompted to download this update even though I've already installed it?? I've only had my Playbook for a couple days now so when I first turned it on it had me update my OS so I've had this OS from the gate but now every so often it will say this update is available & has be download it AGAIN, goes thru everything resets, kind of annoying. Didn't know if anyone else has had this happen.
    06-25-11 04:16 PM
    Am I the only one who's constantly getting prompted to download this update even though I've already installed it?? I've only had my Playbook for a couple days now so when I first turned it on it had me update my OS so I've had this OS from the gate but now every so often it will say this update is available & has be download it AGAIN, goes thru everything resets, kind of annoying. Didn't know if anyone else has had this happen.
    If you are deleting the icons for Yahoo mail or AOL, etc, it will prompt you to download the update again. If you aren't deleting any of the bundled icons, then you may have a problem. How big is the download when you get prompted? If its 6-10mb, its the icons.
    The Consigliere likes this.
    06-25-11 04:27 PM
    Ever since I updated to 1.06, my gmail will not update when I go to the website. No problem from my BB or laptop, just the Playbook. Anyone else?
    06-25-11 05:28 PM
    If you are deleting the icons for Yahoo mail or AOL, etc, it will prompt you to download the update again. If you aren't deleting any of the bundled icons, then you may have a problem. How big is the download when you get prompted? If its 6-10mb, its the icons.
    I bet that's what it is, I AM deleting icons because I don't use AOL or Hotmail so I was deleting them, next time I get prompted to "update" I'll just leave those icons alone & move them to the bottom of the screen. The download doesn't seem big at all, it takes about10-15 seconds to complete so I'm guessing that's what it is. IMO kind of a dumb thing, why not let us delete what we don't want?
    06-26-11 05:14 AM
    Ever since I updated to 1.06, my gmail will not update when I go to the website. No problem from my BB or laptop, just the Playbook. Anyone else?
    I had the same issue. Not sure how to fix it, I did a security wipe and everything works better now. :-)
    06-26-11 07:45 AM
    Again why is this not a sticky? Why is this forum still showing the old
    OS as a sticky?

Where is the Mod?

Tim
    06-26-11 08:51 AM
169 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD