Just got one of the last $199 deals (at Radio Shack online), so I am pretty happy. Does anyone use the PlayBook bridged to the 9810? Is this a free thing, or do I have to pay anything to AT&T? Am I going to love it???
    Last edited by barskin; 12-03-11 at 05:46 PM.
    12-03-11 05:43 PM
    Just got one of the last $199 deals (at Radio Shack online), so I am pretty happy. Does anyone use the PlayBook bridged to the 9810? Is this a free thing, or do I have to pay anything to AT&T? Am I going to love it???
    it will and it is free......not sure if you are going to love it or hate it......
    12-03-11 06:11 PM
    I had this combo until I wanted a 9900. It'll work fine, but you'll have to download the OTA bridge app from this site. Just do a search and you should be able to find it. I think you'll be charged it you get the bridge app from AT&T. Enjoy my friend...enjoy!
    12-03-11 06:14 PM
    it will and it is free......not sure if you are going to love it or hate it......
    Thanks for the info.

I think I'm going to love it. I really think I'm going to love it.

Pins and needles, baby. Pins and needles!!
    12-03-11 06:17 PM
    Do not download the Bridge app from AppWorld. Go to rroyy.com and download the Bridge from that site. It will give you the full app instead of the restricted ATT app. It will allow you to use the Bridge browser. If you want faster browser speeds then you'll want to consider tethering from your ATT phone. You'll have to change your ATT plan to include tethering and it will cost you $10-$20/month.
    Suggestion would be to try the Bridge Browser and then decide if it is fast enough.
    12-03-11 06:17 PM
    I had this combo until I wanted a 9900. It'll work fine, but you'll have to download the OTA bridge app from this site. Just do a search and you should be able to find it. I think you'll be charged it you get the bridge app from AT&T. Enjoy my friend...enjoy!
    I downloaded the Bridge from app world (talk about jumping the gun...but I am one excited woman, here).
    12-03-11 06:19 PM
    Do not download the Bridge app from AppWorld. Go to rroyy.com and download the Bridge from that site. It will give you the full app instead of the restricted ATT app. It will allow you to use the Bridge browser. If you want faster browser speeds then you'll want to consider tethering from your ATT phone. You'll have to change your ATT plan to include tethering and it will cost you $10-$20/month.
    Suggestion would be to try the Bridge Browser and then decide if it is fast enough.
    Thank you!! Good info to know.
    12-03-11 06:21 PM
    The PlayBook paired to an OS7 BlackBerry is a pretty nice deal. I am riding down the highway using mine bridged right now. Convenient.

Read up on AT&T and the bridging, here. As mentioned I *think* you'll want to download the bridge here and NOT through App World. Supposedly the AT&T bridge in App World is a non standard version provided solely to AT&T. Allows them to know you are bridging and charge. Supposedly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-03-11 06:22 PM
    I downloaded the Bridge from app world (talk about jumping the gun...but I am one excited woman, here).
    If you plan on using the Bridge from rroyy.com then you must delete the AppWorld Bridge first or it won't download.
    12-03-11 06:23 PM
    I just got another email from Radio Shack. My order has been confirmed. YOWZA!!! They are shipping it to the store that's just a few blocks away from my home here in Boston, which makes things real easy for me.
    12-03-11 06:33 PM
    If you plan on using the Bridge from rroyy.com then you must delete the AppWorld Bridge first or it won't download.
    Just did it. Wow, I am so glad I have you guys to ask about this.
    12-03-11 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD